Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

Is the problem using bigger pans or smaller pans?

The baja has that rail/handle that would seem to limit you.

The flat has a grate opening that could cause issues with smaller pots.

Both seem to have feet so the can work alone.
its just a bit funky of a design that limits you to about 8-8.5" or so in diameter. small pots/pans can fit and sit flat easy enough, but the burner is too big for the little ones any way. anything less than say 4.5" would have flame up the sides. but if you want to use stuff that small maybe a backpack stove should be required anyway haha

the baja has a raised burner support so it should be able to fit about 10-12" pots/pans i think which allows for standard group cookware from home

TooGouda

I have a question for all of you SNOWPEAKERS...
now do you break down your snow peak IGT kitchen every night before going to sleep?

Bear, raccoon....
i pack mine up every night... but its more to do with humans that like to take things than animals

i have had people roar into my camp on a side by side at like 3:30am and steal all my firewood and other low value things i left out
unfortunatley in Utah anyway... its not uncommon for people to steal camp gear (or climbing gear from the bottom of a climb while people are up on the rock)and try to sell it online or pawn it off or just dump it in the desert after they got their high from stealing stuff

i pack mine up every night... but its more to do with humans that like to take things than animals

i have had people roar into my camp on a side by side at like 3:30am and steal all my firewood and other low value things i left out
unfortunatley in Utah anyway... its not uncommon for people to steal camp gear (or climbing gear from the bottom of a climb while people are up on the rock)and try to sell it online or pawn it off or just dump it in the desert after they got their high from stealing stuff

Thanks for share.

Scoutman

Explorer
I ordered one of the small folding 'my tables' and it looks like it's going to work perfect with our chairs to have a place to set drinks, books, etc.
20210610_175035.jpg

I was a little disappointed when I turned it over and found that it was made in China though. ?

20210610_175053.jpg

TooGouda

you guys ever have issues with fuel canisters from non-SnowPeak brands not fitting a stove? I pulled out an MSR canister today to do a brunch cook out with a few people and it wouldn't screw onto my flat stove... luckily I also had a butane buffet line type stove with me to use as a back up. I took the fuel canister home and it fits on my snowpeak bipod backpacking stove just fine... it barely screws onto my MSR backpacking stove and won't screw onto my Jetboil. I have never had an issue using an MSR/Jetboil/Snowpeak canister interchangeably between different brands of stoves until today. it doesn't make sense that it fits one snowpeak stove perfectly fine, fits an msr stove barely...and then won't screw onto anything else

Lennart

Adventurer
I have never had any issues with other canisters with a Lindal valve, which seems to be the point of the standardised valve. Perhaps a bad batch of canisters?

ahjushi

I ordered one of the small folding 'my tables' and it looks like it's going to work perfect with our chairs to have a place to set drinks, books, etc.
I was a little disappointed when I turned it over and found that it was made in China though. ?

AFAIK, the wood stuff has been coming out of China for many years now. At least that was the case with all of my wood IGT inserts/add-ons.

screwball48

Explorer
Anybody have any thoughts on the new "Floga".
1623703047855.png

TooGouda

View attachment 666395
was looking at that for a bit... im not sure what i think yet. its definitely a take on making the snow peak fire pit act like the solostove bonfire.

im mostly not sure its something people would have asked for. I have 2 of the smaller solostoves and they work for blasting water to a boil and cooking stuff with high heat. but they don't do well in terms of being a heat source as so much of the fire is channeled straight up. the solostoves do radiate a little heat but a campfire on the ground with a heat reflector wall would be waaaaaaayyy warmer than a solostove bonfire.

this addition i think could be cool for backyard use as it will increase the flames and reduce smoke but it would mostly become a marshmallow cooker with visual improvement of the flames.

jerdog53

Explorer
View attachment 666395
I have the Solo stove which works as advertised and I do not take on the road, it lives at home.
This is supposed to work the same encouraging more complete combustion with less smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles