Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
Fireplace Large with Petromax plate again....FUEGO (y)
Yummy :giggle:

c5d8Hk.jpg
I never go camping now wo the large fireplace. Its so versatile.

fwop

zzzzzz
Just letting everyone with the Takibi fire-pit know that IKEA makes a zippered bag that fits it nicely -- PARKLA.

Snow Peak and IKEA may be on opposite ends of the consumer-goods spectrum, but flat-packing is flat-packing...

It's strong enough to hang the fire-pit and accessories on my wall. I keep my fire-pit inside of my condo and the PARKLA bag contains the campfire smells, so it works perfectly for me.
IMG_5549 2.jpeg

SendSeeker

Having a hard time deciding between the Snow Peak Double Burner and the Partner Steel Double Burner. Have seen the later integrated into IGT in this thread. And of course the SP fits perfect.

Tough call....Any thoughts from those who have used one or both? I already have most of the other SP stoves.

Lennart

Adventurer
Long time GS-220 user here and I am a fan. Never tried the Partner Steel stove but it looks really good.
What I like about the GS-220 is that it has enough power but can go nice and slow/simmer. I like the lid as a windscreen option
Probably no wrong choice here, just flip a coin and let the universe choose :D

Riptide

Explorer
I have the GS-220; it's kind of a jewel of a stove. And on the opposite end of the rugged simplicity of the Partner. Two totally different stoves, in my opinion.

SendSeeker

Thanks for the feedback. As I expected. I honestly think I may just get both, as the SP is 18" and I can get the PS in a 22". Segregate the small fuel canisters and the propane systems; one setup for more base camping and the other more for overlanding. At least that is the excuse that sounds good...

SendSeeker

Of course, the plot thickens as I've found they also offer a GS-230 stove in Japan. This one appears to function similar to the GS-1000 and Baja Burner -- in the sense that it uses the gas cylinders inverted.

Each burner is rated at 3,000 Kcal/h which is 11,905 Btu/h (vs the 2,800 Kcal/h or 11,111 Btu/h of the GS-220).

GS-230_feature1.jpg

Last edited:
That is why I settled on the snow peak.
The B.T.U.s are higher and you can use ISOBUTANE in the snow.

Thanks for the setup acknowledgement.

Yes there is a regulator and a step down to propane before the [Y].

Screenshot_20210502-105249_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210502-104117_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210502-103851_Chrome.jpg

I can't remember where I got all the peices. But once you get it setup you have SO much more control of the flame.
& not running around with different canisters.
Although I have canisters in my truck drawer system for when ever needed.
Redundancy is key for my setup.

SendSeeker

Has anybody tried this skottle insert in their IGT? It's made by Tembotusk. I currently have a Petromax skottle that theoretically might fit inside this.

Insert_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:

Jasonexpedition

Well I joined the snow peak group today with the start of an IGT setup. Wish they still made the single bbq box (anyone looking to sell one?)

Just an FYI, when you sign up for the Camp at Home, you get a 15% off coupon (I got mine in my email a day later). It's good on almost everything

Camp at home registration here:

Discount Terms & Conditions: Use code at checkout for 15% off full-priced gear and apparel. Camp Merchandise and the Ivory Tent Series are excluded, including the following styles: Alpha Breeze, Amenity Dome S in Ivory, Amenity Dome M in Ivory, Vault in Ivory, Penta Ease 1 Inner Tent in Ivory, Penta Tarp in Ivory, Hexa Ease 1 in Ivory, and the Lago 1 In Ivory. It cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions, except free shipping (where applicable). Code is one-time use only. Discount cannot be applied to gift cards or past purchases. Code can be used in-store and online. Offer valid until 11:59p PST on June 6, 2021.

Riptide

Explorer
Well I joined the snow peak group today with the start of an IGT setup. Wish they still made the single bbq box (anyone looking to sell one?)

How do you know they quit making them? That would be odd. Anyway, try calling the two retail stores. I've gotten stuff from them that showed sold out on the SP website once in awhile...

Jasonexpedition

How do you know they quit making them? That would be odd. Anyway, try calling the two retail stores. I've gotten stuff from them that showed sold out on the SP website once in awhile...

Guess I can't say for certain I do, so perhaps a better wording would be discontinued, at least for now. I was going off of other posts in this thread, like this one:
And it's sold out status everywhere, even on second hand locations like eBay.

Thanks for the idea though; it won't hurt to ask them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles