Snow Peak Addiction

Elwin

could someone give me a run down on the difference between the low chair and low chair lux. All I can tell is the netted pocket in the back and maybe nicer wood finish on the lux. Not sure if that’s the only difference to justify the $50 difference. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

lefteyedspy

could someone give me a run down on the difference between the low chair and low chair lux. All I can tell is the netted pocket in the back and maybe nicer wood finish on the lux. Not sure if that’s the only difference to justify the $50 difference. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

In addition to what you listed, the frame on the luxury version is made of an alloy that’s stronger than pure aluminum and a bit lighter in weight. But the back on the lux is 7 inches lower; that’s a dealbreaker for me, as I have back issues and I’m tall.

Last edited:

Sawyer

Adventurer
Any other sources for a bag that organizes the IGT set up? Looks like YDR hasn't been on or posted in a while. I attempted to order a drifta bag.
They ended up sending a IGT4 frame instead of the bag. So, I have a brand new "extra" of those. We exchanged a couple emails on it before Covid hit... then all went silent. Something I can organize this all in and carry without banging it up as much as possible. Ideally the outer bag would be a PVC material that it can go on the roof rack of the trailer or LC. THanks!

TooGouda

I've been screwed over by Campsaver enough times to say, never again.
truth, they are semi local to me so when i would order stuff i make a day of it and drive up there to pick stuff up. it seems to be a complete hit or miss if your order is able to be processed correctly.

their customer service tried to make me pay for shipping once on an order of snowpeak stuff that was supposedly in stock for me to pick up. they said they had to bring the items in from somewhere else and I would need to cover the shipping from wherever it was to them, then i could pick it up. needless to say i canceled the order and bought my items and extra stuff from Snowpeak direct and had it delivered for free in 2 days.

TooGouda

Any other sources for a bag that organizes the IGT set up? Looks like YDR hasn't been on or posted in a while. I attempted to order a drifta bag.
They ended up sending a IGT4 frame instead of the bag. So, I have a brand new "extra" of those. We exchanged a couple emails on it before Covid hit... then all went silent. Something I can organize this all in and carry without banging it up as much as possible. Ideally the outer bag would be a PVC material that it can go on the roof rack of the trailer or LC. THanks!
im actually making my own right now since i can't find one i like. once i finish you will have to let me know what you think

DesertSand05

Observer
I hate to create a run on another Snow Peak Item, does anyone know if the Single Unit BBQ Grill is being discontinued?

I ended up just grabbing one from snow peak, as I now wish I had opted for two single unit BBQ grills as opposed to a double for my setup. I think the double BBQ doesn't give you a lot of flexibility. I'm going to see how big the single looks in person.

TooGouda

I hate to create a run on another Snow Peak Item, does anyone know if the Single Unit BBQ Grill is being discontinued?

I ended up just grabbing one from snow peak, as I now wish I had opted for two single unit BBQ grills as opposed to a double for my setup. I think the double BBQ doesn't give you a lot of flexibility. I'm going to see how big the single looks in person.
any reason to think it will be discontinued? seems to be in stock,
having only a double grill option would seem odd to me but weird things happen i guess

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Interesting...just heard back from Snow Peak and they’re like, “yep, its supposed to look like that. It’s from the flames being too hot. Just need to season it.” I’ve used cast iron for years and am familiar with seasoning...but this looks like the coating has literally come off. And I used 6 charcoal pieces because I didn’t need much heat for pancakes, so there wasn’t even flame on it.

Odd, right?

I just treat mine like carbon steel as others have mentioned. Just get some lodge seasoning spray, heat up the grill and season it a couple of rounds. Plenty of vids on YouTube on how to do it.

I had a SP cook set and the frying pan got a couple of small rust spots somehow. I wire brushed it and re-seasoned it and it now better than it was before.

dcg141

Adventurer
I used my stainless steel kitchen table this weekend for the first time and I love it. Only problem is no one makes a bag for it. I have a Drifta 4 unit bag that I'm using but its a hard fit. Just not quite wide enough but you can wedge the frame pieces in. Anyone ever tired to get them to make a custom bag?

Last edited:

SanJoe

I used my stainless steel kitchen table this weekend for the first time and I love it. Only problem is no one makes a bag for it. I have a Drifta 4 unit bag that I'm using but its a hard fit. Just not quite wide enough but you can wedge the frame pieces in. Anyone ever tired to get them to make a custom bag?
I use a Drifta 4 Unit, but you are right, very tight. I haven't asked, but they have made customs for me in the past. Not sure with Covid if they are still up to making customs.

dcg141

Adventurer
I use a Drifta 4 Unit, but you are right, very tight. I haven't asked, but they have made customs for me in the past. Not sure with Covid if they are still up to making customs.
If that bag was 2 inches wider it would be perfect. I sent them a message.

WestWorld

The manual for the kitchen table recommends using two of the four unit Snow Peak carrying cases (UG-141). That might be an option unless you want something more customized.

Attachments

• LV-310_manual_web.pdf
    138.6 KB · Views: 20

dcg141

Adventurer
The manual for the kitchen table recommends using two of the four unit Snow Peak carrying cases (UG-141). That might be an option unless you want something more customized.
I would have to see that work. The 4 unit bags I have are to short for the frame parts wo wedging them in with a hard fit. The shelve/tables fit just fine.

Elwin

For the snow peak addicts, 2020 winter festival items are available on snow peak USA website. Most items are still in stock last I checked. Bought the lamp shade just now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles