Snow Peak Addiction

wolf-camp

The bottle contains 5kg Propane, for the last years this covered a 3 weeks vacation.
In addition (for the small Magma BBQ) we take a smaller 3kg Butane Bottle with us that we can swap in most european countries.

Wolf

surf.runner

I noticed that, they don't have much anymore. The smoker looks kinds of cool.

www.campsaver.com also has a 20% off coupon, but they seem to be exempting snow peak products, but they don;t have much in stock anyway
After my experiences with campsaver.com, I will never recommend or use them again. I ordered three items that were listed as in stock back in MAY and they still have not shipped. I ended up calling Snow Peak and spoke with the gentleman who is responsible for sourcing campsaver and other sites with allotments. Needless to say, campsaver drastically over promises stock and I ended up cancelling the IGT Slim order after 3 months and just getting directly through snow peak and the takibi Fire side gloves and BBQ tongs still haven’t shipped...and zero responses from customer service in the last 10 days.

DesertSand05

Observer
After my experiences with campsaver.com, I will never recommend or use them again. I ordered three items that were listed as in stock back in MAY and they still have not shipped. I ended up calling Snow Peak and spoke with the gentleman who is responsible for sourcing campsaver and other sites with allotments. Needless to say, campsaver drastically over promises stock and I ended up cancelling the IGT Slim order after 3 months and just getting directly through snow peak and the takibi Fire side gloves and BBQ tongs still haven’t shipped...and zero responses from customer service in the last 10 days.

Campsaver.com has gone way down hill. I won't order anything unless it is specifically in stock and on sale. They had a bunch of snow peak things come in stock early august, but since the discount code wasn't working with snow peak stuff it wasn't worth it.

I did get the one unit and two unit water proof gear boxes to complete my setup, but I am reaching a point where I built up my IGT setup to where I want it and don't need to add to it.

I used to like backcountrygear.com also, but lately their website is just broken. You try to go to the next page and it just stalls out.

Buying direct from Snow Peak seems to be the way to go, maybe thats why the third party sellers aren't getting the stock they used to.

surf.runner

Does anybody own the Iron Griddle Plate?

I used mine for the first time today in my Takibi over a small bed of lump charcoal to make some banana pancakes for the kids.

Im wondering if I cleaned it improperly as I used my spatula to scrape the caramelized banana off while it was still hot and then once I transferred to sink to use a sponge, I noticed some significant discoloration (I think the coating came off).

Any tips on how to properly clean or has anybody else had that issue?

Love the weight and how it fits flush within the Takibi fire and grill!

Attachments

• 95699230-CBFB-4576-8587-C55599546DFC.jpeg
    95699230-CBFB-4576-8587-C55599546DFC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • 317FAE6D-21C9-45FC-A640-696EE660B70A.jpeg
    317FAE6D-21C9-45FC-A640-696EE660B70A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 110

Riptide

Explorer

I've been screwed over by Campsaver enough times to say, never again.

surf.runner

I have one, but I've never used it. I figure I'll treat it just like cast iron, with lots of butter.

I went all in on the butter and still it did that. Reached out to Snow Peak on Sunday to ask for a recommended way to clean and shared these pics...no response yet but I know things are extra crazy with Covid and going into this holiday weekend.

ahjushi

@surf.runner I've had the griddle plate for a few years and mine does not look like that. Would definitely see about warranty-ing that.

As for campsaver, I've had similar experiences with shipping delays, but eventually everything came in. If you're in no rush to get items, they often have the best prices when they are running sales so I haven't minded the delays much.

surf.runner

@surf.runner I've had the griddle plate for a few years and mine does not look like that. Would definitely see about warranty-ing that.

As for campsaver, I've had similar experiences with shipping delays, but eventually everything came in. If you're in no rush to get items, they often have the best prices when they are running sales so I haven't minded the delays much.

Interesting...just heard back from Snow Peak and they’re like, “yep, its supposed to look like that. It’s from the flames being too hot. Just need to season it.” I’ve used cast iron for years and am familiar with seasoning...but this looks like the coating has literally come off. And I used 6 charcoal pieces because I didn’t need much heat for pancakes, so there wasn’t even flame on it.

Odd, right?

geojag

I picked up a titanium lid from 4 Dog Stoves for my Snowpeak 1400. The pan lid isn't great as either a pan or lid, this is lighter and doesn't fall off.
IMG_20200903_115120.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
Yeah its basically like carbon steel pans such as DeBuyer etc... or at least mine was so the coating on mine I burned off right away all over the whole thing as instructed by Snow Peak Japan via a Japan site I used to go to that is now gone and he was a huge snowpeak guy basically it was a protective coating

anyway burnt off and then treated it like my carbon steel pans that come coated which I do use at home and are slick as non stick and carbon steel and cast iron are basically treated and worked with the same way I do prefer carbon steel pans myself :)

Don’t use it much but a few times and find it is tough to heat that large a area easily based on fire or charcoal so might sell it with my other stuff
I tend to use my partner steel griddle which is anodized aluminum on car camping or expedition days :) the reason is you can leave anodized aluminum out all night after a long day and not worry about it !!! IMHO for any vehicle based griddle the partner steel anodized aluminum is the best thing going its light its durable its super easy to clean etc...

I tend to use a old cast iron around home almost daily since I eat carnivore/keto so eat meat every day

So my snowpeak kinda sits and I try to use it once in a while
I do love its deep edges my issue is the bit of warping I get ? Or hot spots on the partner stove
If I use it around home after proper season lower heat like my carbon steel I can use it BUT then I again have to large a surface and go back to my cast iron that sits outside ? Or my debuyer pan ?
OK great now I am going to pull it out tomorrow and play with it :)

Does anybody own the Iron Griddle Plate?

I used mine for the first time today in my Takibi over a small bed of lump charcoal to make some banana pancakes for the kids.

Im wondering if I cleaned it improperly as I used my spatula to scrape the caramelized banana off while it was still hot and then once I transferred to sink to use a sponge, I noticed some significant discoloration (I think the coating came off).

Any tips on how to properly clean or has anybody else had that issue?

Love the weight and how it fits flush within the Takibi fire and grill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles