• IMG-3519.jpg
    IMG-3519.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG-3520.jpg
    IMG-3520.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86

dcg141

Adventurer
Fits in the IGT and the doors drop down and allow for IGT panels to lay over the top.

Attachments

• IMG-3521.jpg
    IMG-3521.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG-3522.jpg
    IMG-3522.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG-3523.jpg
    IMG-3523.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG-3524.jpg
    IMG-3524.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG-3526.jpg
    IMG-3526.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

tressisson

The only photo I have that shows the inner roof is the night shot in my previous post. It shows the tarp with the inner roof and the fire pit underneath. I didn't take many pics of the inner roof because it was pretty nondescript, and I've since taken down the tarp. The inner roof is grey in color and blends in with the Evo Pro tarp to create a seem less roof line. I attached the manual so you can see the setup instructions. My Evo Pro tarp was already setup so I just had to add on the straps to the poles and then connect the inner roof to the straps (see manual). Tighten up the straps and then attach the sides which use bungee cords. The Evo Pro tarp comes with two 3 meter cords to secure the sides of the tarp, one for each side. I like the sides of the tarp raised up for easier entry, so I use 180 cm tarp poles to raise the sides. The manual recommends if raising the sides of the tarp, to secure the side tarp poles with two tie down straps. Normally I would use one strap to secure the tarp pole on the side, but in a wind the pole does move around. Since I putting a fire pit under the tarp I wanted everything secure in case the wind picks up. The first pic in my previous post shows the side tied down with one cord. I didn't have the inner tarp setup in that pic. In the last pic, I have two cords securing the side tarp pole. After I had it all setup, the Evo Pro tarp with the Inner Roof was very secure. It held up fine during a windy and rainy afternoon. I attached a photo I found online on securing the tarp to the poles to prevent it from blowing off the poles in windy weather. I did that to the main poles but not the side poles -- next time!

My impressions are it works as advertised. I had a couple camp fires under the tarp, one night it rained so that was pretty nice to sit outside by the fire and still be protected from the rain. The fabric feels like a heavy cotton material, not stiff like a canvas. It looks like it will hold up well. I wasn't concerned about it igniting The manual shows pictures (I don't ready Japanese) that says to just put one fire pit under the inner roof, not two. I lit a charcoal chimney sitting on the fire pit under the tarp. Heat wise it was fine but the charcoal smoke didn't blow away as quickly when it was starting up. The Evo Pro tarp is expensive. The Inner Roof is priced fairly reasonable considering it's Snow Peak, and it enables you to use the tarp and have a camp fire even in inclement weather. I'm very happy with the purchase. Next time I setup the tarp I'll take more pics.
View attachment 589019
Westworld, I have the Hexa tarp large, not the pro. Looks like they are similar except for the end flaps. Do you think that the inner fire tarp would work with a large hexa?

WestWorld

Westworld, I have the Hexa tarp large, not the pro. Looks like they are similar except for the end flaps. Do you think that the inner fire tarp would work with a large hexa?

I have the medium size Hexa tarp so I'm familiar with your tarp. I've attached a page from the respective manuals that shows the shape of the tarps, the Hexa (both large and medium size) and Hexa Evo Pro. The inner fire tarp is a big diamond shape. It attaches at four points, the two main poles and two sides. It looks like the distance between the two main poles is similar on both the Hexa and Evo Pro tarps (looking at the manuals). Plus the inner fire tarp has straps at the pole attachments that you can tighten up if needed. You would want two 280cm poles for the Hexa tarp - instead of the 280cm and 240cm pole configuration. The sides of the inner fire tarp will not align properly with the Hexa tarp. The side points of the inner fire tarp use bungee cords to attach to the Evo Pro tarp side grommets. The inner tarp is not meant to have the same tension as the main tarp. It kind of just hangs under the Evo Pro. If you securely support the inner tarp side connections, then maybe it would work. The sides would stick out from under the Hexa tarp and get wet if it's raining. I don't know if that matters.

Also, I'm not sure how steep the sides of the Hexa tarp slope down (when staked to the ground) compared to the Evo Pro. The Evo Pro has a lot of space under the tarp, especially with the sides propped up. I don't know how that compares to the large Hexa tarp. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• TP-260.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 20
  • TP-862.pdf
    339.4 KB · Views: 13

Tencel

Hi everyone,
I’m new here and a fan of Snow Peak products.

I have a couple of stuff for sale and was wondering if I can put it here?

Cheers!

DesertSand05

Observer
Actually there is a classified area to post items for sale. What people usually do is post over their, but then post a heads up on this forum.

We always love a heads up on a Snow peak Item that might be hard to find in the country the person is from.

I know you have me curious now :)

DesertSand05

Observer
Opinions on Snow Peak Original vs Kia and Cat Windshields?

I am building up my IGT setup; Im omg the fence ion weather to hold out for a original Snow Peak 3U windshield to pop up used or just order one from Kia and Cat.

Part of the problem is I plan to also have a 2U IFT frame, I don't think Snow peak ever made one for the 2U's.

If they attach the very same way and works just as well, I could lean towards just getting the Kia and Cat version so the 2U and 3U match.

DesertSand05

Observer
Wow, everyone must be out overlanding, this thread has been really dead.

Just a heads up Snow Peak USA got a whole bunch of FES IGT stuff in, including the paper towel holder, steel end trays, and most interesting a multi-purpose table that accepts IGT legs on all 4 sides. So now you can have a table that you can use alone or attach out to a normal IGT frame. Snow peak Japan also had a new fire place case for the large fire pit, no sign of that on the site.

It will be interesting to see how fast some of this stuff sell s out.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I see it now. Sold out. I did get the paper towel holder.

Thanks for the tips, I picked up a paper towel holder too. I’ve thought about it many times and couldn’t find one. Better grab it now.

I like the idea of that table. That could replace the IGT short bamboo I keep in my truck and be a lot more versatile. I’ll have to keep an eye for a refresh on that one (or find some extrusions to make it myself). I still need the hooks for one application, so maybe that’s a better route. Have cake and eat it too!

Last edited:

DesertSand05

Observer
I was looking at the new tables, does anyone know if you can reverse the CK-127 hooks, so the round part is under the table and they mimic the function on the hooks on the standard version?

It seems like you would still need the hooks on the tables for some setups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles