Snow Peak Addiction

jtosbo00

Observer
My impressions are it works as advertised. I had a couple camp fires under the tarp, one night it rained so that was pretty nice to sit outside by the fire and still be protected from the rain. The fabric feels like a heavy cotton material, not stiff like a canvas. It looks like it will hold up well. I wasn't concerned about it igniting The manual shows pictures (I don't ready Japanese) that says to just put one fire pit under the inner roof, not two. I lit a charcoal chimney sitting on the fire pit under the tarp. Heat wise it was fine but the charcoal smoke didn't blow away as quickly when it was starting up. The Evo Pro tarp is expensive. The Inner Roof is priced fairly reasonable considering it's Snow Peak, and it enables you to use the tarp and have a camp fire even in inclement weather. I'm very happy with the purchase. Next time I setup the tarp I'll take more pics.
Thank you for taking the time to write this up! The manual was helpful and it is the first time I am able to see how it looks within the Hexa Pro Tarp. No need to post any photos as the manual's sketches along with your description above were enough for me. I will be getting myself one once SP Japan gets them back in stock! I was in a similar situation like you a few years ago but didn't have the IR so I was stuck with placing my grill on the outer edge of the tarp and, of course, things still got a little bit wet. But remembered not wanting to take a chance ruining an expensive tarp by moving the grill further inside. I like how you were able to install it after already putting up the tarp so that makes it a big plus for sudden changes in weather.

fusace

Had a little grill weekend in the north of the Netherlands. Got to do what the SP gear is meant for....use it :)

Took the box and table. Still happy with my DIY sliding lid on the box. My fellow grillers usually take truckloads of stuff, but I am most happy with a setup like this.
RIUHsb.jpg

Had a nice 'Ribroast done like a steak' APL style. Very tasty.

sOgrgG.jpg

Some portobello mushroom, marinated and served with avocado and chimichurri. These things are a sponge for flavours. Not bad at all :D
ySAq1m.jpg

Happy cooking. Eet smakelijk !
Great set up!

Can you let me know how the extention is connected to the storage bin?

Thanks!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I have a couple of Baja Burner stoves for sale in the classified section if anyone is interested.

Lennart

Adventurer
Thank you! Any idea where I can score one? A quick search proved no easy task to source.

I am afraid this might be on the soon to be extinct list. A friend brought my set back from holiday in Japan in 2016. They are still around but getting scarse.

geojag

Used the Baja burner camping, it is a huge upgrade over the single burner Coleman I have been using for years.
IMG_20200605_212742.jpgIMG_20200605_213131.jpg

fusace

I am afraid this might be on the soon to be extinct list. A friend brought my set back from holiday in Japan in 2016. They are still around but getting scarse.

I found a couple from the Snowpeak store in Taiwan, having a family member pick up one for me. If someone needs one, let me know i can have them purchase an extra one. I think they retail for ~$30

geojag

I have looked at this stove but wonder how fast it burns through the canister?

Did it come with a bag or anything to store it?

What makes it better than the single burner Coleman?

Thanks

It does came with a bag, although not padded. It is a black nylon bag with drawstring. The legs fold down, but it is still quite thick, maybe about 3" due to the shield under the burner.

I like it better than the Coleman because 1) it is very easy to clean, take the burner stand off and wipe down a stainless surface 2) it is hotter 3) fuel cans are more compact 4) I feel like flame control is better 5) I like the burner stand better.

I haven't gotten a good feel of how fast it goes through the fuel. I cooked 4 meals on a partial canister. You can use an adapter and use 1# bottles as well, I haven't done it but there are threads on here where people have.

fusace

Question: Those of you with a Home & Camp Burner Stove, do you use directly on the bamboo insert? I don't see and Snow Peak photos using a heat shield and wonder if the bamboo can handle the heat. Thanks!

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I bought the BBQ box first. It was such a great product, i'm working my way through the entire catalog....

If you have ever thought about buying a Snow Peak product you will not be disappointed.

It all fits nicely in a Pelican 2750

Addictions never stop......

almost waited to post something next spring as I started this thread 9+ Years ago... crazy. I have upgraded the Snow Peak storage container to a conqueror trailer. Over the years I have added to my Snow Peak items. Getting ready for a couple trips so I spent time getting things organized. Amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over the years.

I love the chairs, also the folding cutting board would be at the top of my list. I’ve posted a few pics below.FA623754-29B7-4621-941F-6FC5ACAE05B9.jpeg2C355047-DE8A-4AD4-B25C-91794DDFA77B.jpeg3A5FF4AC-E718-454C-A8A0-8391E01E720C.jpegDB610470-5F8B-4330-90DA-6BBA0E5BB55F.jpegD4E15C05-990D-4079-B108-1BDFEB5E2A26.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles