Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
Do you mean the 30 cm dutch oven? I have the same series but smaller 24 cm dutch oven.
For big parties it is hard to beat a Potjie though

Nah, I pretty sure they made a 22, although I don't know why I say that. The only remnant of that pot is that you can still buy the 22 cm bottom screen for it once in awhile.

Would love to see the 24...

Riptide

Explorer
Thanks for your note on the Oven/Duo...usually I'm camping with at least one other family so we're cooking for 6+, sometimes up to 30 people. Doesn't seem like the Duo can swing that, but man does it appeal to me way more than the Oven.

Maybe this will help sway the love for the big pot; it really is a clever design:
71n-rlm4McL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
As an aside, I think the lid tongs SP makes for their Micro cast iron pots will also fit on the tabs of the pan, although you gotta spread them pretty far apart. I tried it once.

I love the Micros too, especially the biggest one.

BillJones

Does anyone make a cover that works for the 4u IGT? Looking for something to protect it when I leave it setup out on the back porch.

Lennart

Adventurer
Nah, I pretty sure they made a 22, although I don't know why I say that. The only remnant of that pot is that you can still buy the 22 cm bottom screen for it once in awhile.

Would love to see the 24...

Ask and you shall receive :giggle:

XlFGOp.jpg

opXOMj.jpg

H533jk.jpg

One more for scale with the Large fireplace :)
N14Krm.jpg

And for really big parties the Potjie
LHEHkD.jpg

Last edited:

geojag

The Baja burner is $135 on Amazon right now, so I finally pulled the trigger on it. That is the best price I have seen! Wish it were a little earlier, we are heading out this weekend. Regardless, will be nice to have.

Pandaxe

I’m amazed at how many people share the same enthusiasm I have for the brand. For the longest time I’ve used the titanium gear for backpacking through the wilderness but lately I’ve settled down and find myself restoring old Apache campers, group camping with my 3 kids, and now splurging on the IGT setup while incorporating some of my older equipment. Let me share what Ive done so far. Here is my setup...1FBD26AD-6897-4E29-B82A-C77BBDDF4F35.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

JIMI.Love

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, super happy to find people with the same love on SP gear.

I'm lucky to live in Portland Oregon, where they are building a super store, largest in US. Can't wait for it to open.

They had events at the current location which are super fun. At one they gave away ti mini cups filled with sake. So nice!

Here's my question, don't have time to go through 235 pages of posts...

I'm thinking about dropping the money on the Campfield Futon couch, can anyone give me some advice like, is it worth it? Any upgrades?

Thanks

motoz

Adventurer
Yes, the IGT2 has been discontinue. I’ve seen them pop up on eBay if you’re looking for one.

Ahhhh no....

I’m in Australia so eBay isn’t really an option. Drifta have sold out and are not getting more. From reading Luke’s posts Drifta are moving away from SP in general.

Alas maybe one will come up for sale here in Australia I can get.

spikemd

Explorer
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, super happy to find people with the same love on SP gear.

I'm lucky to live in Portland Oregon, where they are building a super store, largest in US. Can't wait for it to open.

They had events at the current location which are super fun. At one they gave away ti mini cups filled with sake. So nice!

Here's my question, don't have time to go through 235 pages of posts...

I'm thinking about dropping the money on the Campfield Futon couch, can anyone give me some advice like, is it worth it? Any upgrades?

Thanks

I almost pulled the trigger on one last year when I saw it 25% off. Main issue I have is size. Need space to store all the parts. If you are towing a trailer, not a big deal. But if you are packing everything into one truck, might be an issue. Looks comfy and useful.

spikemd

Explorer
Used the double BBQ to cook up some rib eyes in Death Valley last month. I really like the single-action table. So quick and easy to setup and solid surface. Only downside is that it doesn't pack very small and it is expensive. But I have gone through countless 'camping ' tables and probably spent more money on them. This one will last.20200403_175039_copy_1512x1134.jpg20200403_182105_copy_1512x2016.jpg20200403_181313_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles