Snow Peak Addiction

@Chris Boyd love the tailgate cutting board set up; did you build it or is one made for your vehicle? I am planning to make one and have the HDPE sheet in the garage that I am been meaning to get to. I am now thinking of just making the tailgate one out of Starboard and running a table extension like you did (make my own probably with Drifta Legs) that has HDPE cutting board surface so I can pull the table away and just spray it off instead of having to wipe off the tailgate all the time.

Great set up man; thanks for sharing.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
One thing I’d like to do is find another one of thos leg extrusion plates and put a third leg hold in the corner table. This would allow for a bit more stability when deployed on the end of a frame without a connection in a corner. Sometimes I only use on of the holes on the current side (usually the outboard leg) but this would allow for some flexibility. As shown below, the frame is hanging on the IGT and the legs in the table do little to add weight bearing capability.

I’d put it right about here:
a72f3a4176012cd79cc618e8d57adc0e.jpg

If anyone has a cracked, damaged or otherwise unusable short bamboo, corner or something with those extrusion plates, I’m looking. LMK!

Chris Boyd

Explorer
@Chris Boyd love the tailgate cutting board set up; did you build it or is one made for your vehicle? I am planning to make one and have the HDPE sheet in the garage that I am been meaning to get to. I am now thinking of just making the tailgate one out of Starboard and running a table extension like you did (make my own probably with Drifta Legs) that has HDPE cutting board surface so I can pull the table away and just spray it off instead of having to wipe off the tailgate all the time.

Great set up man; thanks for sharing.

A friend used to make these and i bought it from him, but TrexBoxx makes them, as does a few others. I really like it... much better than carpet. You can see the one I have has a drip rail and spots to hold cans from sliding.

Thanks! Can’t wait to get out there!

dcg141

Adventurer
I have on of these coming from Drifta. I have never seen one before but I think it will fit my needs. Lounge Charcoal Box. I also got one of these a few months back and it breaks down well enough but I'm having trouble finding a bag to store it. Stainless steel table. I ordered a bag from Drifta for the 4 unit table and I'm hoping that will work. My SP collection is getting completely out of control.

Riptide

Explorer
One thing I’d like to do is find another one of thos leg extrusion plates and put a third leg hold in the corner table. This would allow for a bit more stability when deployed on the end of a frame without a connection in a corner. Sometimes I only use on of the holes on the current side (usually the outboard leg) but this would allow for some flexibility. As shown below, the frame is hanging on the IGT and the legs in the table do little to add weight bearing capability.

I know what you're talking about. One thing I've toyed with, instead of the extra leg and extrusion, is threading one of the pop-out hooks on the table, and matching it with some sort of long "nut" that one could hand-tighten. This would prevent the 90 degree table from flipping up off its pins when you put weight on the outside curved edge...

I'll have to study on that some more this summer.

cactusjk

Explorer
The 2Us were great, especially with FJCs. SP is always a moving target. I guess after collecting it for about 13 years I am pretty satisfied with my collection.

13 years of SP stainless and titanium should be worth a good chunk of change.......lol. Some things are better bought once; buy once, cry once, enjoy forever!

ahjushi

Is there a consensus on how many legs a corner piece needs? I've seen people only use one leg (e.g. @Chris Boyd above, Drifta.au) but Snow Peak shows it with two...is that just SP trying to get us to buy more legs? ?

1586909558879.png

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Definitely you should use 2 legs on the corners... I just try to save legs in certain configurations...

The photo above requires 2 legs because it’s using drop extenders and the weight of the bamboo table is on those legs.

When the corner is used on the end and not connected, then it’s possible to save a leg. For example in the photo above, if just using the corner and not the drop extenders and table, you could omit the inboard leg closest to the IGT, but weight on the outside radius of the table might cause instability.

dcg141

Adventurer
Is there a consensus on how many legs a corner piece needs? I've seen people only use one leg (e.g. @Chris Boyd above, Drifta.au) but Snow Peak shows it with two...is that just SP trying to get us to buy more legs? ?

View attachment 579699
I have done this setup with a single leg on the corner and not had any issues. I would like to see the IGT connection hook threaded on both sides. That would make the corner tables more stable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online