Snow Peak Addiction

DesertSand05

Observer
Some cool stuff, a bunch we probably won't see in the US.

Glad I got all my pack and go fire place accessories, not sure Im crazy about the new model.

lefteyedspy

Some cool stuff, a bunch we probably won't see in the US.

Glad I got all my pack and go fire place accessories, not sure Im crazy about the new model.
I was told that when the new Portland store opens (supposedly in Spring 2020), it will be the only Snow Peak store outside of Japan to carry the entire line. I’m guessing it all won’t be available on the US Snow Peak website, but hopefully a much higher percentage than in the past. I do know that they are going to have a fully redesigned website; I’m looking forward to the changes.

jtosbo00

Observer
I purposely waited until today, the 1st day some of the new stuff was available to do some last minute shopping in Odaiba. Was able to get some of the items and even decided to get a soft case because it has dividers.

c9204e07036c9a8c82fb6b4299b5d071.jpg

de1edf247df91447c3a59ad9f0686360.jpg

12a77b62b820c6b4481e927ee1b6c382.jpg

88698cb6eab700b6772124c6b4e5faf0.jpg

The soft case I decided to buy today (gas canisters got caught outside in the rain):
c148a8b4f847aad2095474fddca353af.jpg

0caa33f39e7e03131d4945892bd3eed1.jpg

5746b1d702a38e6d7e885f31411f0519.plist

b6c9f15ee3ec75a201b4ac1799600e1e.plist

Update (12/23/19):
Putting here so its all in one post. I just got the half sized soft case today for my outdoor lights.
299c98f02f4375128223ce833d02fec5.jpg
78db007cf379ca181448dcaf384c5da4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jtosbo00

Observer
I was told that when the new Portland store opens (supposedly in Spring 2020), it will be the only Snow Peak store outside of Japan to carry the entire line. I’m guessing it all won’t be available on the US Snow Peak website, but hopefully a much higher percentage than in the past. I do know that they are going to have a fully redesigned website; I’m looking forward to the changes.

Yes, Snow Peak (Japan) announced earlier this or last year, that they were bringing a HQ to the states in 2020. So I expect a majority of the SP offerings to be available in the USA when it is official. One thing I am hoping to see is 100% offering of all their fuel types. There are some items that require a particular type of gas that only SP makes thus far. As a result, some of their cooking appliances would not be ideal in the US. For example, their current Home & Camp gas stove and one of their double stove burners (they have two versions).

I made the mistake of buying the wrong version a few years ago and hope to finally to get to use it when we move back to the US in 2021. (I had hoped to sell it in Japan but the wrong Snow Peak item was packed upon our move back to Japan and now the $450 stove is sitting in storage back in the USA)

I’d love to get the Home & Camp stove. It would be perfect for those mid-day picnics inside of National Parks along with the single unit grill. In addition, it would be useful during power outages in the home (we get several in the Northeast).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

wolf-camp

Just sorting the photos from this summer vacation where we went down via Venice to southern italy (Puglia).
Converted the standard Kitchen from my Holtkamper Flyer Tenttrailer this year to an IGT setup.

We are using 2x4 Units and 1x3 Unit with Double Burner and the LI Stove.
Worked well from Bistecca to Fish plates.

LI Stove ist perfect for large Pots and cooking with Wok or Steel Plate.

1920 SP Setup 2.jpg

1920 SP Setup 1.jpg

6mm Non-Stick Cast Aluminium Plate for Double Burner
1920 Plate for Double Burner.jpg

Setup with Grill Box and Wok

1920 Wok 1.jpg

1920 Wok 2.jpg

This Spring I finally managed to get a distributor with regulator from G-Works Korea where all SP Gas Stoves are connected with.
It's with POL connector (perfect for US), here in Germany I need to use an adapter from German Type Gas Canisters to US-POL.

1920 G-Works Distributor Regulator.jpg

Regards
Wolf

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
This Spring I finally managed to get a distributor with regulator from G-Works Korea where all SP Gas Stoves are connected with.
It's with POL connector (perfect for US), here in Germany I need to use an adapter from German Type Gas Canisters to US-POL.

Those G-Works regulators and lines are awesome. Just super-hard to come by here in the US...

Riptide

Explorer
One thing I am hoping to see is 100% offering of all their fuel types. There are some items that require a particular type of gas that only SP makes thus far. As a result, some of their cooking appliances would not be ideal in the US. For example, their current Home & Camp gas stove and one of their double stove burners (they have two versions).

Really? What kind of gas does SP make that is different? I know some of their items are liquid injection vice gas injection, but honestly, every item I've tried with propane has worked, even the Baja Burner liquid isopro unit...

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have a question for you good fellows. Can I use the single Snow Peak charcoal grill in an IGT "all the way to one side"? Will the black plastic handles on the ends hold up to the heat?

I'm building a pullout drawer for my van and would like to put the grill on the outside, then a Partner Stove, then inserts towards the van.

It all hinges on the grill being able to stay against the black plastic though.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Absolutely! No issues with it all the way to the side. The sides are also Aluminum.

Cool. I might try it tomorrow to make sure (get the grill good-and-hot). So, I'm finally going to commit to a 60-inch IGT pullout drawer in the rear of my van. I've owned one 4-unit IGT table and one 3-unit IGT table for a couple of years and haven't used them.

To make the drawer close to 60 inches in length (I already ordered a set of 60-inch drawer slides) I will need to cut both IGT tables and join them together again. I have a plan for joining them and I'm nearly certain it will work. There are two choices for configuration.

Choice 1 = Cutting both tables and joining them together to make room for (in order from left to right):
  1. 1/2 unit storage box with lid
  2. 1 unit small charcoal grill
  3. 1 22 inch Partner Steel stove
  4. 1 unit cutting board
  5. 1 unit mesh cage with lid
This will wind up with room for 3.5 IGT units with 22 inches left over for the Partner stove. Total length will be about 56 inches and I can live with that.

Choice 2 = Cutting both tables and joining them together to make room for (in order from left to right):
  1. 1 unit charcoal grill
  2. 1 unit Baja burner
  3. 1 unit Baja burner
  4. 2 unit IGT cutting board that will be cut to fit a collapsible cutting board/sink
  5. 1 unit mesh cage with lid
This will wind up with 6 perfect IGT units. Total length will be a bit over 60 inches but I can make this work with some fancy cabinetry.

What do you all think? What would you choose? I already own the Partner stove and would need to invest in a couple of Baja burners for choice 2...but I am leaning towards choice 2. Baja burners will allow me to leave the butane adapters mounted underneath all the time. It would be as simple as opening the drawer, cooking, and closing the drawer.

Choice 1 would involve messing around with a propane line (to the house propane bottle) each time I use the kitchen...but with vast quantities of propane available. That, and the stove would be aluminum while nearly everything else is stainless steel (my OCD won't like that).

Thoughts are welcome.

Riptide

Explorer
Honestly, if you're just going to make a pull-out, I wouldn't even bother with an IGT frame. I would only use the frame if you were planning for the whole kitchen to be removable as an option, to set up elsewhere. If you're using strictly as a slide-out unit, you're probably not going to use the slots along the edge, or the holes on the ends, or the leg holes.

I would just use some steel angle, with some silicone strips to minimize the inevitable rattle of the individual modules sitting in the frame. The angle would probably be a lot easier to attach slides too, and alot smaller than an IGT frame.

Anxious to see what you come up with!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Honestly, if you're just going to make a pull-out, I wouldn't even bother with an IGT frame. I would only use the frame if you were planning for the whole kitchen to be removable as an option, to set up elsewhere. If you're using strictly as a slide-out unit, you're probably not going to use the slots along the edge, or the holes on the ends, or the leg holes.

I would just use some steel angle, with some silicone strips to minimize the inevitable rattle of the individual modules sitting in the frame. The angle would probably be a lot easier to attach slides too, and alot smaller than an IGT frame.

Anxious to see what you come up with!

Thanks for the reply. The slots along the edge will make it very easy to attach the drawer slides, so that's a plus for the IGT although this would tie up the slots permanently. Honestly, the only IGT parts I have at the moment are the grill and two IGT tables. I like the modular aspect of the IGT, but it probably isn't necessary in this application.

Add to the fact that I have three Partner stoves to choose from....and I probably should just build a drawer system. I'll have to have some sort of heat shield made to house the Snow Peak grill so that my wood drawer doesn't burn up.

Common sense is telling me to build this kitchen out of what I have on hand, but the idea of a pullout IGT setup keeps bugging me. All that nice stainless steel! :)

What is the consensus on the best Snow Peak stove? I've owned this one before (sadly I sold it).
1.jpeg

How does it compare to the Baja burner (which I haven't owned)? In an IGT the double stoves' wind shield is useless.

Riptide

Explorer
I have a crapload of IGT stuff. I have a couple of Baja's, a couple of the flat burners, the double stove, a few single BBQ boxes, etc. The stuff is scattered between the house, the cabin, and the camper. It's a sickness...

The double stove is typical SP quality. Great burner; nice flame pattern. But it's not my favorite stove. The bottles hang from underneath. The windscreen can't be used in the IGT frame, as you said. And honestly, I rarely, if ever, need two burners. I'll usually take more prep area over another burner.

The Baja is a nice piece of kit. But the folding legs make it heavy, because I don't use the folding legs. But on a frame like yours, the weight probably won't matter, and may in fact help keep it from rattling.

Anymore, when I reach into my stash for a cookstove, I grab a Flat Burner. The only thing I still don't like about it is the grate has these upward pointing horns that limits the size of the pan you can put on it. One of these days I'm gonna cut them off. The Flat Burner fuel knob and canister hang from the IGT rail slot, which is nice if you use canisters, but must be factored in for a build like yours if you don't use the frame. The knob/hose assembly comes with a little bracket that allows it to hang from the burner. It works, but it kind of dangles there; I like things rigidly mounted.

I'm in the early stages of building a fold-down frame for the back of my Sprinter camper that will utilize my IGT stuff, so I can identify with what you're going through. If you want to pay for shipping, I can loan you whatever I have, so you can mess with it...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles