Snow Peak Addiction

wfv56

It appears two flat burners are cheaper than a double burner and occupy the same real estate in a IGT. What am I missing?

motoz

Adventurer
Fired up the IGT 2 setup up for a weekend getaway.

b471dc85a1c45acea9c9970887b88272.jpg

09562a768e95f76596ed4a63ec271883.jpg

e78db307af012438376ce4db43144c5a.jpg

Hokkaido Scallops, Panchetta and Wakame with Broad Bean Tofu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

motoz

Adventurer
Any thoughts about the igt slim? Haven’t found much reviews with actual use.

The people that have them seem to love them.
My thoughts are they would be better suited for home use than vehicle based travel.
They are quite expensive also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtosbo00

Observer
Any thoughts about the igt slim? Haven’t found much reviews with actual use.

I have one and I find it useful when matched with the SP couches that I also have. My setup allows for the family to sit and watch movies projected on a screen and inside our Land Lock tent. Table is used for snacks, small electronics like iPhones, and the projector.

Although I haven’t used the table for cooking, I do like the option to insert a small stove or grill. Or even the storage containers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Riptide

Explorer
For me, the Slim way exceeded my value tipping point. 475 bucks for a pared down frame left a bad taste in my mouth. I have a TON of SP stuff, and I've paid out some bucks as a SP fanboy, and I value their design prowess, but for the Slim, I saw nothing I couldn't replicate with some aluminum angle iron for pennies on their dollar.

Wouldn't mind having one, but not for that kind of coin.

spikemd

Explorer
Moosejaw, backcounty and campsaver are having sales on various snow peak gear right now. I picked up a 'my table' for less than $100. I need to finish my build before I buy much more as it all depends on storage. Have an IGT4, corner table, long extension, adjustable legs, baja, cutting board knife, oven. Need to get double bbq for oven.

I read through some initial reviews of the new Grill burner GS-355 but was wondering if people are using it consistently. I would like to use charcoal more but the west has burn bans almost all summer. Does the grill get hot enough? Is it enough grill space? Without a top does it cook meat consitently? Only 7k btu burner. Just the cast iron grill insert is $100 so it actually seems a decent price. Only seen it on Snow Peak website for purchase.

I have used a weber Q1000 on the trails few times and it is an amazing grill but very large to transport. I even use a Q1200 at home when just cooking for the wife and I.

jtosbo00

Observer
For me, the Slim way exceeded my value tipping point. 475 bucks for a pared down frame left a bad taste in my mouth. I have a TON of SP stuff, and I've paid out some bucks as a SP fanboy, and I value their design prowess, but for the Slim, I saw nothing I couldn't replicate with some aluminum angle iron for pennies on their dollar.

Wouldn't mind having one, but not for that kind of coin.

I went back and found the invoice for what I paid for the IGT Slim. At the time, I paid $350 and it was fairly new on the market. However, it was in Japan. I’ve seen Snow Peak products sometimes change their price point and I don’t understand why they increase it even more in US. Another item I saw increase in price point is the single gas grill. The customs fee is that much to have it imported? I doubt it and it sucks that it goes up and not down unless there is huge sale.

cactusjk

Explorer
SP is coming out with a discount slim next year... Just not as nice. And you can always get 20% off if you look around.

jtosbo00

Observer
SP breaking out a couple of new camping products this December, a smoker & a grill/oven. I’ve sometimes wish for an oven but that price tag ¥70,000, yikes!

d0eda8f6cdca8be506dafda7361235ce.jpg

63fd6ad240fb31abb00c6b1c39f25ada.jpg

SanJoe

SP breaking out a couple of new camping products this December, a smoker & a grill/oven. I’ve sometimes wish for an oven but that price tag ¥70,000, yikes!

We will probably see more items now that the fire pits are saturated. I watched that Drifta video where they mentioned that they are looking for other items to make because of the market saturation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles