Snow Peak Addiction

daniel3507

Observer
I’m fairly naive when it comes to snow peak so forgive me. For whatever reason, I’ve always wanted one of their double wall titanium mugs. Do I need a titanium mug? Absolutely not. But I still want one. I’m having trouble pulling the trigger though. Are they worth the cost? I want something that I can use at home, work, and out camping. Compared to a yeti style mug or a toaks does it perform better to justify the cost?

chrys

Observer
You have always wanted one, by your own words. That justifies the cost right there! Life is short!

They are super light, the double-walled ones don't condensate so you don't need a coaster if you have a cup full of ice water. I use them for that all the time. Do they perform better than a Yeti or a Toaks? Probably not really but they certainly look nicer! They are definitely lighter than the Yeti, too. I have the Yeti mug and a 20 oz. They are probably not quite as sturdy as the Yeti's either, but they also don't feel as ham-fisted.

dcg141

Adventurer
I ended up building a shelf system to store everything, then grab what I need for a trip, rather than store everything I own in one bag...

I have a few IGT4 frames, but find myself taking the IGT3 frame and it's extension table most of the time. Just a real nice size for most "missions"; plenty of cook space and eating space for camping. The bigger stuff gets used for tailgating or church events, and things close to home.
I unfortunately have to do a complete load out when camping. I am questioning the single bag setup. Its is pretty compact but very heavy.

SanJoe

I unfortunately have to do a complete load out when camping. I am questioning the single bag setup. Its is pretty compact but very heavy.

I end up with multiple bags... I use Drifta for bagging most of the equipment I have and it is heavy. I have 2IGT4's 1IGT3 and 1IGT2 plus some wood tables. I am trying to organize better so it doesn't take all day to load up. During the winter season, I am going to create itemized setups making it easy to pull and go. It would be nice to start to publish some cool setups so that it would be easy to pull form an inventory like RipTide mentioned. For instance, the lounge setup. The Hot Pot setup. The dual BBQ setup, etc.

jtosbo00

Observer
The weight issue is no joke if you have tons of SP gear. The weight adds up pretty quick when you start collecting a variety of SP gear. Myself, I have 3 4U IGT tables and several accessories, cooking appliances, pots/pans, and dutch oven. That's just for the kitchen! The posts about building a shelf and my experience over the summer traveling out West (over 6,500 miles) has given me motivation to build something similar for the Thule Trailer. I plan on setting the tables vertical and length-wise in relation to the trailer bed. My biggest challenge is dampening the vibration somehow with some sort of soft/rubber spacers between each table to prevent rattling (thus creating scratches/dents) during travel. My tables didn't really show much of a beating from the road this past summer but the two aluminum "L" brackets that were holding them upright took a beating. A testament to SP quality.

SanJoe

What are the SP model numbers for the lounge set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CK-155T for the side tables.
CK-070 for the BBQ
TP-500 for the Lounge tent
TM-500 for the floor
TP-500T for the connector to a tent
TM-096OR orange pillows
TM-096GR green pillows

You can also order SET-500 which I believe includes everything.

It uses 400 legs (6 required) and 1 IGT4 table. With two single wood inserts

Riptide

Explorer
The weight issue is no joke if you have tons of SP gear. The weight adds up pretty quick when you start collecting a variety of SP gear. Myself, I have 3 4U IGT tables and several accessories, cooking appliances, pots/pans, and dutch oven. That's just for the kitchen!

Yeah, I have a ton of SP gear as well, but I'm getting better at paring it down to what we need each use. I have the dutch oven too, but find we often use the Cast Iron Duo for cooking, and use the Oval cast iron pot for true dutch oven stuff. We use the IGT height adjuster to drop the table extension down to dining height, and back up for meal prep. Of course, I’m only cooking for three people, sometimes four, so the smaller stuff works for us.

I'm gonna explore the fact that the medium firepit fits in the IGT frame, and use that as my BBQ for the lounge concept, as well as the regular firepit. (I just want to see how hot that gets in relation to peoples knees at the table, and if any heat transfer to the IGT frame from the firepit, which touches minimally). That would preclude the need to take a BBQ box on a trip.

The adjustable legs are really nice in their flexibility; although they are not light, they save space, which is more important in vehicle-supported camping.

cactusjk

Explorer
CK-155T for the side tables.
CK-070 for the BBQ
TP-500 for the Lounge tent
TM-500 for the floor
TP-500T for the connector to a tent
TM-096OR orange pillows
TM-096GR green pillows

You can also order SET-500 which I believe includes everything.

It uses 400 legs (6 required) and 1 IGT4 table. With two single wood inserts

Thanks! What does the tent connector do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanJoe

New cool additions: a 1/2 IGT space unit from Kai and Cat that holds two OXO storage containers. I ordered those from the States. Would have been nice to be glass and metal, but could only find plastic and metal. The other is a 1/4 IGT section from Snow peak that has a folding door and can hold silverware or chopsticks and has a built in divider.

DEC16E00-1810-496B-BAEC-70D58B9B0C4D.jpeg
B3F6BAE7-1808-4DAF-9C28-DD57FD99D095.jpeg
287CFE9A-ABD4-4B29-B2FF-A6824CFD4875.jpeg

wfv56

Question for the gang. I want to buy a IGT three unit and some inserts. Are there typically any black Friday sales with the brand?

SanJoe

Question for the gang. I want to buy a IGT three unit and some inserts. Are there typically any black Friday sales with the brand?

Best chance is to buy at a place like campsaver and use one of their coupons. They will apply 20 percent coupons for some sales or 10 percent if you sign up for their mailing list.

spikemd

Explorer
Is the CK-070 replacing the CK-160 double bbq box? I brought the oven in hopes of using it with the double bbq box like i saw in a Drfta video. But it seems to be sold out and one website said discontinued by manufacturer.

Advantages of new 'lounge' bbq is the lid for transport and also looks to be a double unit. But it does not have the height adjustment of the double bbq box. Also doesnt appear to be available in states yet but is definitely less expensive.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles