Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
Ha ha ha!! I have no idea, either. I asked SP HQ, and they told me that it was to hang the burner control from, by dropping it into the slot the corners, then dropping the whole thing into the IGT frame. Which I said was baloney, since the burner control was designed to hang from the IGT frame track, which is MUCH more convenient than that little bracket.

The directions, which are not in English, make no mention of the little bracket. I don't know what the dimples are for, either.
Hmmm..I will file it under non essential paraphernalia.

jtosbo00

Observer
My Two Cents on Kai & Cat:

I just got my shipment from Kai & Cat and it was a quick shipment to Japan. Over the summer, my dad loved my SP gear and I gave him my 4U IGT table, burner stove, legs and windscreen. Since I was moving to Japan, it was easy to do and I have been on the hunt to get the ever elusive windscreen ever since I moved here in August. So.... buoyed on the initial positive reviews in here, I took a chance on K&C and purchased two 4U windscreens, two IGT hanging racks, and IGT dish stand. Overall, very good quality and workmanship on everything.

IGT Dish Stand
The IGT dish stand was marked down because of some scratches but these were pretty minor and its going to get scratched up anyway. Now, I wasn't quite sure what its purpose is for since the translation was confusing. For the marked down version, it says dish stand but on the full priced version, it is "cooking rack". Maybe somebody here can explain this. If it is for storing dishes, the depth of the bottom part has me concerned if it is deep enough to hold dishes upright. I haven't seen any pictures of one actually in use. Unfortunately, my SP dishes are back in the USA in storage to try it out. Regardless if it is or not for dishes, I plan to used it for storing spices, condiments, etc. Their spice rack looks nice but I don't want to be limited to round bottles in my use cases.

IGT 4U Windscreen
On their windscreens, I like the half-circle notches, which appears that they are for hanging the pot lids which is a nice touch. It's not a huge deal, but I don't like their logo which is etched on the back of the screens. LOL! I didn't bother posting the windscreens since there is already a photo of them posted above.

IGT Hanging Rack
On the IGT hanging rack, love the fact they included two adapters to allow it to attach with the windscreen mounted on the long side of the SP table.

Side Note
I've got two lounge slides on order from Amazon Japan and will be getting those next week. Not taking a chance on missing out on these and find out later SP has decided to stop making them for some odd reason. I'm debating when to get the replacement 4U IGT table or if I just get the Garden Table for now and use it while I live in Tokyo for the next few years. It's a matter of having adequate space on our balcony, weather/storage logistics. Since I'm right here in Japan, if you have any questions about their products that you can't find answers to, let me know. It's quite easy for me to run down the nearest L'Breath or Snow Peak store and get whatever info (dimensions, product questions, photos, etc.).

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Last edited:

SanJoe

Snow Peak Lounge Seats/Pillows
I received the first parts of the lounge setup that I purchased. The Pillows arrived. at first I was thinking of not ordering these, but once I bought the entire lounge, I thought what the heck and purchased the remaining pillows. I was pleasantly impressed when they arrived. I am a older guy and really don't like the traditional Japanese method of sitting on the floor eating, but these pillows actually fold and allow for a much more comfortable sitting position. The foam in them is very firm and in the folded position, they are perfect. I bought them in the Olive and it appears they come in orange also. I ordered 6 of them for my lounge setup. I highly recommend them for comfort. Let me know if you need any more data... Image attached

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32

motoz

Adventurer
Trail side Lunch Stop...

Sushi, Ramen and Asahi via SP enhancement

a8e431274b1ffddc2cfd3aa2c3cdea5c.jpg

4b995eaad5f80e7dac87d922498473d3.jpg

8da320a85ac375f286e7767c6717688b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riptide

Explorer
Here are some images showing that clip in use. It’s to hang the fuel when using the lite version of the IGT table.

Well, I stand corrected. I didn't think about the IGT Lite table.

When you use the bracket with the regular IGT, the knob is pretty far under the stove, and the torque of the hose kinda cocked everything out of whack.

But the dimples are still a mystery! ;-)

spikemd

Explorer
I took advantage of the moosjaw and campsaver sales last month to start my addiction. As mentioned, I plan to build out the back of the 110 defender to house everything. I ordered a standing height IGT4 with corner table, side table, baja burner, oven, large hozuki with rechargeable battery, adjustable legs and some other stuff. Even though campsaver had items to purchase more than half was not in stock. It has been trickling in and I need to recheck and be certain I got the discounted prices. I will be purchasing a double bbq box for the oven soon. The new flat single burner is intriguing as well.

20180910_175335-1664x1248.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
I tested out the Baja burner with propane adapter to use Coleman style 1lb tanks and it worked great. Massive flame from the burner. I was also surprised at how heavy the burner is. I used it at the Land Rover Western National Rally last month since I was just cooking for myself.

The oven is really cool and comes with a pizza stone and holder. I plan to use it with the double bbq box and as a cover for the bbq.

Can someone take a close up pic of how the windscreen attaches to the IGT? I would like one, but may try to fab something up. Doesn't look like you can attach the slide table with the wind screen attached.

Ramjet

Explorer
My Two Cents on Kai & Cat:

I just got my shipment from Kai & Cat and it was a quick shipment to Japan. Over the summer, my dad loved my SP gear and I gave him my 4U IGT table, burner stove, legs and windscreen. Since I was moving to Japan, it was easy to do and I have been on the hunt to get the ever elusive windscreen ever since I moved here in August. So.... buoyed on the initial positive reviews in here, I took a chance on K&C and purchased two 4U windscreens, two IGT hanging racks, and IGT dish stand. Overall, very good quality and workmanship on everything.

IGT Dish Stand
The IGT dish stand was marked down because of some scratches but these were pretty minor and its going to get scratched up anyway. Now, I wasn't quite sure what its purpose is for since the translation was confusing. For the marked down version, it says dish stand but on the full priced version, it is "cooking rack". Maybe somebody here can explain this. If it is for storing dishes, the depth of the bottom part has me concerned if it is deep enough to hold dishes upright. I haven't seen any pictures of one actually in use. Unfortunately, my SP dishes are back in the USA in storage to try it out. Regardless if it is or not for dishes, I plan to used it for storing spices, condiments, etc. Their spice rack looks nice but I don't want to be limited to round bottles in my use cases.

IGT 4U Windscreen
On their windscreens, I like the half-circle notches, which appears that they are for hanging the pot lids which is a nice touch. It's not a huge deal, but I don't like their logo which is etched on the back of the screens. LOL! I didn't bother posting the windscreens since there is already a photo of them posted above.

IGT Hanging Rack
On the IGT hanging rack, love the fact they included two adapters to allow it to attach with the windscreen mounted on the long side of the SP table.

Side Note
I've got two lounge slides on order from Amazon Japan and will be getting those next week. Not taking a chance on missing out on these and find out later SP has decided to stop making them for some odd reason. I'm debating when to get the replacement 4U IGT table or if I just get the Garden Table for now and use it while I live in Tokyo for the next few years. It's a matter of having adequate space on our balcony, weather/storage logistics. Since I'm right here in Japan, if you have any questions about their products that you can't find answers to, let me know. It's quite easy for me to run down the nearest L'Breath or Snow Peak store and get whatever info (dimensions, product questions, photos, etc.).

View attachment 478708

View attachment 478709

That’s some pretty drool worthy stuff there. Have a wonderful time in Japan. Cheers.

Riptide

Explorer
Can someone take a close up pic of how the windscreen attaches to the IGT? I would like one, but may try to fab something up. Doesn't look like you can attach the slide table with the wind screen attached.

Somewhere on these 200 pages are some closeups of the windscreen.

You are right; you couldn't slide a table in the slot on the side that the windscreen is using. This is part of why I think the new flat stove is superior to the Baja burner, in that the burner and flame is recessed a bit, maybe making it more wind resistant. No actual testing yet to back that up, however. It's a fair bit lighter, too.

SanJoe

Dinner. Quick Hot Pot. Cheating using the electric heater this time. Nextime will use the BajaBurner.

Attachments

• 49FBDB8D-3E3F-4482-8DC5-A930C875DD8D.jpeg
    49FBDB8D-3E3F-4482-8DC5-A930C875DD8D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102

SanJoe

I took advantage of the moosjaw and campsaver sales last month to start my addiction. As mentioned, I plan to build out the back of the 110 defender to house everything. I ordered a standing height IGT4 with corner table, side table, baja burner, oven, large hozuki with rechargeable battery, adjustable legs and some other stuff. Even though campsaver had items to purchase more than half was not in stock. It has been trickling in and I need to recheck and be certain I got the discounted prices. I will be purchasing a double bbq box for the oven soon. The new flat single burner is intriguing as well.

Interesting on the LandRover. I have a Defender 90 and was planning on doing the same. One of the mods I am toying with is to use the bottom of the Frontrunner outfitters SlimLine 2 roof rack to mount slides for the IGT frames and possibly the legs. This would keep the top free for my roof top tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles