Snow Peak Addiction

spikemd

Explorer
I missed out on a double burner on eBay but am leaning toward Baja burners now for versatility. Snow peak has a decent deal on the website for an IGT4 with corner, table and legs. I have enough depth in the rear of defender to accommodate the table. Want to build in some thin shelving to store the tables and legs either flat or on edge. Sketching out idea and doing measurements.

Problem with West Coast camping and the snow peak bbqs is fire bans. Limits our use of charcoal. I really like the camp oven and was wondering if it would get hot enough over the dual burner or 2 baja burners. I'm not sure if you want the heat directly on the pizza stone as it may cause hot spots. Would be really cool if the 'oven' had a temp gauge on the front lid.

Rains Lee

Not related to cooking, but do any of you Snow Peak aficonados have experience with their High Tension Cots? I can't find any user reviews anywhere. Sizewise, it looks like two of them side by side would work as a base for our Exped Megamat Duo and function as a double bed. I'm not impressed with the few cots meant for two that I've investigated so far.

Riptide

Explorer
Not related to cooking, but do any of you Snow Peak aficonados have experience with their High Tension Cots? I can't find any user reviews anywhere. Sizewise, it looks like two of them side by side would work as a base for our Exped Megamat Duo and function as a double bed. I'm not impressed with the few cots meant for two that I've investigated so far.

No experience with the cot in question, but after just buying a Helinox Cot One Max, I would find it hard to believe that anyone could make a tighter cot. It packs small, and with the optional legs, sits up nice and high, if desired. And it is pretty darn big, big enough for my Mega Mat. The lever action in the frame stretchers is the secret sauce.

You'd be into it for about the same at the SP, so you're not afraid of cost...

Rains Lee

No experience with the cot in question, but after just buying a Helinox Cot One Max, I would find it hard to believe that anyone could make a tighter cot. It packs small, and with the optional legs, sits up nice and high, if desired. And it is pretty darn big, big enough for my Mega Mat. The lever action in the frame stretchers is the secret sauce.

You'd be into it for about the same at the SP, so you're not afraid of cost...

Cool, thanks for your recommendation. I will check it out.

TheBlueBus

Busdriver
Hey everyone!

I admit I haven't worked my way through all of the 200+ pages of this thread, please don't be mad.
I've become kind of a Cappuccino/Cafe Latte addict and since snowpeak offers a set for exactly this, i wanted to ask for your opinions/reviews.

snitz427

Pretty much all their Snow Peak gear is 20% off on the site, not just what is in the link.

$600 later.... my husband can never know the truth. "oh this old thing? I've had this for yearrrrrsssssss"

DesertSand05

Observer

It took me a while to track down a snow peak cot, way before all these other cots started coming out. The way the design works, the the weight pushing down on it, stretches the fabric. The more you weigh, the more tension, its preatty genius. I doubt that two of them side by side would work well though.

I have used it with a thermarest 25"x70' air matress and they go together well, I guess I just dont like sleeping on my back. Recently I put two thermarest mattress together with their quilted combiner and find it much nicer and got a better nights sleep on the floor.

But hey, why get a cot when you can bring a couch :) I have a feeling the snow peak cot may have been obsoleted by the snow peak couch which can serve the same function. Campsaver.com says it has 10 of these in stock, it blows my mind thy have 10 couches, but are out of so many smaller snow peak items.

DesertSand05

Observer
FYI - some snow peak stuff is on sale 20% off at campsaver.com https://www.campsaver.com/snow-peak-brand-deals.html

Thanks, I have been keeping an eye for someone who has the Snow Peak Garbage Trash Bin in stock, they finally had it in stock today. I really don't need this, but it sure is fun collecting these things for the next trip.

https://www.campsaver.com/snow-peak-garbage-trash-bin.html

How on earth do I have to wait months for them to have one little garbage bin, but they have 10 snow peak couches for $700. There is no rhime or reason to it :)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Hey everyone!

I admit I haven't worked my way through all of the 200+ pages of this thread, please don't be mad.
I've become kind of a Cappuccino/Cafe Latte addict and since snowpeak offers a set for exactly this, i wanted to ask for your opinions/reviews.

Which set do you mean? I'm not familiar with a Capp set, but I have the Barista set and use it every day, at home and at camp. Their little grinder is the least-messy way I've found to grind coffee (as far as grinds being all over the counter when you are done).

Rains Lee

The way the design works, the the weight pushing down on it, stretches the fabric. The more you weigh, the more tension, its pretty genius. I doubt that two of them side by side would work well though.

Thanks, that's just the kind of info I was looking for. Sounds like they might only work out side by side with an Exped Megamat Duo on top if the two sleepers weighed about the same. That's not the case with us.

The thing with the couch as a replacement for the cot is that it's only 20 inches wide, compared to 25.5 inches for the cot. That's just too narrow for me to get a good night's sleep.

DesertSand05

Observer
The thing with the couch as a replacement for the cot is that it's only 20 inches wide, compared to 25.5 inches for the cot. That's just too narrow for me to get a good night's sleep.

We are talking about Snow Peak here, your meant to buy two of them :)

As much as I love Snow Peak design and engineering; I have to be honest I'd love to read the minds of the people that swing by a camp site and see someone with a couch.

Its gotten a little crazy out there. :)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I bought some of their tent stakes, they seem to be sturdy enough. Guess I'll find on next trip.

I have been using some of the SP iron stakes for this summer. They are worth every penny. I bent a couple after hammering them into some really hard ground...but they just bend back (with the help of a hard spot and a hammer).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles