Snow Peak Addiction

WestWorld

Just got our invite for Snow Peak Way USA 2018 and bought our tickets. We'll be driving up from Texas!!!!!

Anyone else going?

Got my tickets yesterday! I couldn't convenience my SO to drive from Illinois, so we are flying and leaving all my Snow Peak stuff at home :(. Sounds cool that they will have IGT setups for us to use for cook and clean up. I've inquired about using one of their Tortue Shelters to sleep in while we are there.

JamesC

Adventurer
Great to hear more are coming from here! WestWorld I didn't see mention of the IGT community setups. Did you receive more information somewhere than 'Group A/B' and how to buy a ticket. Thanks!

cactusjk - we are starting to plan our route. Sorry I'm trying to remember..were you in AZ or NM was it?

cactusjk

Explorer
In CA but I will probably fly.

If anyone wants me to bring some BBQ risers please PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestWorld

Great to hear more are coming from here! WestWorld I didn't see mention of the IGT community setups. Did you receive more information somewhere than 'Group A/B' and how to buy a ticket. Thanks!

cactusjk - we are starting to plan our route. Sorry I'm trying to remember..were you in AZ or NM was it?

JamesC, on the page where they sold the tickets was this information:

"On-site, SPW guests can enjoy a variety of fully functional Snow Peak scenes and equipment such as the public Iron Grill Kitchen, 60th anniversary photo booth, Snow Peak cafe and bar, a flagship product exhibition featuring our most iconic and popular products, as well as two public workshop’s where customers can create their own Snow Peak Way USA memorabilia.

Along with the public-use and fully stocked IGT kitchen, customers can enjoy the weekend with their choice of accommodations between the Amenity Dome Series (1-2 person) and the Tortue Shelter (3-4 person) tents. Each is equipped with ample seating, a small Single Action or Mytable plus Hozuki lanterns and a Mini-flame."

...and this:
"Our guests are encouraged to bring and use their own Snow Peak (or other brand) camping equipment on site for their own personal use, however, should you need to use one of our Snow Peak tents, we’ll have plenty available on-site so please let us know before you arrive. The same goes for the kitchen area. You’ll need your own pots and pans, but we’ll provide a fully functioning stove, griddle, grill-burner and Pack and Carry BBQ set will be available daily from 7am-9pm for all to use. We’ll have a wash station on hand to properly clean, and sanitize your equipment after each meal. "

I'll be at the Snow Peak bar ;)

fusace

Hello Everyone,

Long time reader and first time to post. I registered for SPW in Portland and have 4 tickets available, due to our tight family traveling schedule (will need to fly to Portland direct after spending a week in Denver with 2 small children), I might not be able to make it. Are there anyone on this forum that might be interested in purchasing the tickets (at cost)?

Thanks!

About this Event
Snow Peak Way (SPW) is a popular outdoor camping festival held semi-annually all across Japan where Snow Peak’s top customers and staff spend a weekend in the outdoors, enjoying the simple act of camping, along with a variety of unique product demonstrations, memorable workshops, and candid campfire “TAKIBI” talks with various special guests.

On-site, SPW guests can enjoy a variety of fully functional Snow Peak scenes and equipment such as the public Iron Grill Kitchen, 60th anniversary photo booth, Snow Peak cafe and bar, a flagship product exhibition featuring our most iconic and popular products, as well as two public workshop’s where customers can create their own Snow Peak Way USA memorabilia.

Along with the public-use and fully stocked IGT kitchen, customers can enjoy the weekend with their choice of accommodations between the Amenity Dome Series (1-2 person) and the Tortue Shelter (3-4 person) tents. Each is equipped with ample seating, a small Single Action or Mytable plus Hozuki lanterns and a Mini-flame.

Registration fee:
  • $35

Includes:
  • 2 nights stay
  • Titanium Double Wall 450 Mug SPW USA edition
  • Titanium Spork
  • SPW USA Enamel Pin
  • Breakfast (miso soup, oatmeal and coffee daily)
  • Access to the official campfield, workshops, demo area and all official SPW activities

Our guests are encouraged to bring and use their own Snow Peak (or other brand) camping equipment on site for their own personal use, however, should you need to use one of our Snow Peak tents, we’ll have plenty available on-site so please let us know before you arrive. The same goes for the kitchen area. You’ll need your own pots and pans, but we’ll provide a fully functioning stove, griddle, grill-burner and Pack and Carry BBQ set will be available daily from 7am-9pm for all to use. We’ll have a wash station on hand to properly clean, and sanitize your equipment after each meal.

What You’ll Need:
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Sleeping Pad
  • Camping Pillow
  • Food preparation supplies
  • Pots, pans and or your skillets of choice
  • Food to cook for a few days
  • Please note: each guest will receives a special Titanium Mug for beverages, and a Titanium Spork with their registration fee
  • A mobile charging device
  • Headlamp
  • Cooler
  • Personal Toiletries

Space is limited, and guests will be drawn at random from our online registration.

Transportation
While accommodations are free (outside of registration), customers must find their own way to the SPW campsite. Parking is limited, on-site, so please speak with a SPW staff member today about the best way to join us in the campfield.

For those of you traveling out of state, we’ll have a few shuttles departing from Snow Peak Portland on the morning of Friday, August 18th @ 7am.

Last edited:

JamesC

Adventurer
Thank you WestWorld (and fusace) for the additional information. I went back to the ticket link and it looks much better than when I originally bought my tickets - when the email hit my inbox. I also just got the email from the SP USA team about upcoming status calls.

Will want to understand if we can stay in our RTT in/near the site with the rest of the ground tents since our setup is fairly self contained

i-w4WXSn8-L.jpg

JamesC

Adventurer
We had the call with Snow Peak USA yesterday. I had the impression there were 35 'groups' of some sort. We'll all be staying in provided Snow Peak tents but we can park all our gear alongside. Each group will get tent/fly, chairs, lighting and some swag as explained above. They will have 4 IGT setups to share in addition to common areas for coffee, bar, fire. We can use any and all of our own gear irrespective of brand.

Some planned events and a lot of free time.

It looks like we'll take a ~16 day trip there and back. Dallas > Rockies > Moab/Arches/Canyonlands > Wasatch Mtns > Snake River or Sawtooth (suggestions between Salt Lake and the Oregon border?) > Columbia River Gorge > Mt Hood for the meeting. Then back: Hood > Kootenai > Glacier > Tetons > Yellowstone > Rockies > Dallas.

Going trailerless so it should make for interesting packing :D

WestWorld

We had the call with Snow Peak USA yesterday. I had the impression there were 35 'groups' of some sort. We'll all be staying in provided Snow Peak tents but we can park all our gear alongside. Each group will get tent/fly, chairs, lighting and some swag as explained above. They will have 4 IGT setups to share in addition to common areas for coffee, bar, fire. We can use any and all of our own gear irrespective of brand.

Some planned events and a lot of free time.

It looks like we'll take a ~16 day trip there and back. Dallas > Rockies > Moab/Arches/Canyonlands > Wasatch Mtns > Snake River or Sawtooth (suggestions between Salt Lake and the Oregon border?) > Columbia River Gorge > Mt Hood for the meeting. Then back: Hood > Kootenai > Glacier > Tetons > Yellowstone > Rockies > Dallas.

Going trailerless so it should make for interesting packing :D

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Robbsn

Hi, I'm from Germany and need your help.

I would like to order a Snow Peak GigaPower LI Stove or the Double Burner Standart Stove Gas Burner.

Has anyone tested both gas burners? What is the quality of the two gas burners? Which one would you recommend? Currently I have the Snow Peak Baja Burner, the burner head is a bit small because of the heat distribution!

I have already asked Snow Peak US about the burner diameter, unfortunately they could not help me. Does anyone know the diameter of the burner heads?

I am happy about numerous answers and

stay with best regards from Munich Germany

Robert

Umnak

Adventurer
I'm considering the purchase of a SP Single Action table to double as a partial platform for a truck camper dinette bed. It would have to bear the brunt of the weight of a person, though our friends don't weigh too much. I'd appreciate input from the SP aficionados on the viability of the table as a support for a platform bed. An important thing we learned from our 3-year road trip was to not have things that could only be used in one way or one location.

thanks,

WestWorld

Hi, I'm from Germany and need your help.

I would like to order a Snow Peak GigaPower LI Stove or the Double Burner Standart Stove Gas Burner.

Has anyone tested both gas burners? What is the quality of the two gas burners? Which one would you recommend? Currently I have the Snow Peak Baja Burner, the burner head is a bit small because of the heat distribution!

I have already asked Snow Peak US about the burner diameter, unfortunately they could not help me. Does anyone know the diameter of the burner heads?

I am happy about numerous answers and

stay with best regards from Munich Germany

Robert

Hi Robert, I will have a chance to check out both stoves at the same time in a couple weeks. There is a Snow Peak camping event coming up in Portland. They said they will have the two stoves setup for us to use. I don't know much about the Li stove, but it looks more for high heat applications like wok cooking.

I have the double burner and am happy with it. I haven't tried a slow simmer (to cook rice, for example). The quality is typical SP. The grates on the two burner stove can be adjusted independently so it's raised up about an inch or so more from the burner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles