Snow Peak Addiction

motoz

Adventurer
For anyone interested the Drifta guys have done a build incorporating IGT into their draw systems.

Opens a new world of possibilities

fae08e24ee4b64e9fc559700ecab3c88.png

8c8a26f566ca13a1a6ae407ccde99f20.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fjatl

Adventurer
Now why did you have to post something like that? That is going to haunt me in my dreams now :p
Ideally you would still be able to use the clips for the extension table.....
We need to get our DIY on ......

Welcome to my world...this has been eating at me for weeks. Some cat in Japan is making these, doesn't speak english and Google translate doesn't work very well with the details. He kept saying it's just a prototype but then I saw this! His IG is @bonfire_go_outside so maybe if more of us pester him :unsure:
More pics as well...there's a version that folds out for double the space too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.41.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.41.42 AM.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.42.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.42.09 AM.png
    706.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.42.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.42.54 AM.png
    764.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.44.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.44.52 AM.png
    586 KB · Views: 137

Honu

lost on the mainland
that is cool I had the same idea BUT wanted the frame on the bottom so I could then put something in it :)

For anyone interested the Drifta guys have done a build incorporating IGT into their draw systems.

Opens a new world of possibilities

fae08e24ee4b64e9fc559700ecab3c88.png

8c8a26f566ca13a1a6ae407ccde99f20.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide

Explorer
That Drifta setup is pretty nice. I've been noodling over how to incorporate my 3U frame is the basis for my camp kitchen; making a sliding setup that is removable so one can use outside the vehicle with legs. So many possibilities. Luke has a better equipped shop that I do to execute that stuff...

Lennart

Adventurer
Welcome to my world...this has been eating at me for weeks. Some cat in Japan is making these, doesn't speak english and Google translate doesn't work very well with the details. He kept saying it's just a prototype but then I saw this! His IG is @bonfire_go_outside so maybe if more of us pester him :unsure:
More pics as well...there's a version that folds out for double the space too.

I think I see enough of the construction to have a go at one. I think what looks like a foldout is actually two tops in one set of rails.

fjatl

Adventurer
I think I see enough of the construction to have a go at one. I think what looks like a foldout is actually two tops in one set of rails.

Nice!! Yes, it folds out and one set of rails, but there is a hinge in there. Not sure if this work but try this link:

Lennart

Adventurer
OK cool, I have 3 stacking boxes, so two will have a normal sliding top and one will have a double top/table :D
At least one of the lids will be a cutting board.

The basis is pretty straight forward. Two wooden struts, held in place by small magnets and a small lip for the two cut-outs in each end.
Then an L-profile (I am thinking stainless for strength) screwed onto the struts leaving room enough for another L-profile attached to the lid to slide in.
I haven't quite worked out how the L-profile is attached to the lid, but I think the wooden trim covers it. Else I will have to make some sort of slit/groove. Will find out as I go along.

Hardest part so far is to make (six) identical struts because of the rounded corner (did I mention I am by no means a pro wood worker ;)). Shouldn't make a lot of functional difference if they are not perfect but I think it is in keeping with the Snow Peak spirit to at least strive for perfection :)

fjatl

Adventurer
kudos to you for diving in...I have a hard time folding laundry, so I won't bother trying to figure this out. If you have checked out his full link, you really should. He's got a bunch of pretty detailed posts on how his works: https://www.instagram.com/bonfire_go_outside/?hl=en
Using Google translate on several of his posts, he talks about it not being a simple thing...but I also get the impression that he is really detailed and, to your point, trying to keep with the SP lines of craftsmanship

Lennart

Adventurer
I got the three sets of struts done yesterday. I clamped the six pieces together and tried to shape them as one. Still want to rub them down with sandpaper a bit more but the shape is OK. Not perfect but close enough for an amateur ;)

I bought some aluminum L-profiles instead of stainless. 20x20x2 mm should be plenty strong and a lot lighter (and cheaper...)
Now I need to cut and mount the L-profiles. Ordered some 10mm magnets which should arrive any day now.
If I am boing you guys let me know :)

Hrky1P.jpg

lwmBJ6.jpg

kbCeRX.jpg

First slider is cut (not mounted). Five more to go with curve and then 6 more for the lids :D
g6S5b2.jpg

Jlg4dw.jpg

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
3 sets of sliders done and cut the little wooden lips to slot into the cutouts in the box. Of cours this is not a standard size hole, so it took quite a bit of sanding to get it to fit neatly :(.
The magnets came in, so it is time to assemble the sliders. I still need to cut a little notch to fit the cutouts and a hole for the magnets. Nothing really complicated so far but quite a bit of work none the less.
Below a mockup to see where it is going.

cheers (y)

olJq3B.jpg

HznGTr.jpg

UPDATE: And with a bit more effort the six sliders are done

MjmmMv.jpg

Ax1Vnv.jpg

D3juRS.jpg

Time for a beer :D
Now onto the lid/top ....

Last edited:

motoz

Adventurer
817330fb790fe156359ac334de243043.jpg

This just came up on IG. Is that the stainless cover off the my table on top of the folding box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lennart

Adventurer
No, that is a different size. I think we are looking at a separate lid to be released?

Edit: or is it the small box in the picture?
Edit2: I think it is the small box :)
I don't have one but I see this box has only two 'dents' in the corner and the large has three (y)

It will not be a tight fit I think, but it should work I suppose. I wouldn't mind if they made a proper version of these for the stacking containers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles