Snow Peak Addiction

AML

Adventurer
Ok, got them in side by side. There is about a 1 inch gap between the 2. I will probably end up filling the gap :) Went ahead and cooked on the charcoal side tonight. It had been way too long. 4B2F4A66-A862-4675-BCF4-B2B9B9E3ED33.jpeg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Got a question for you all...I like to boil small potatoes in the largest pot included in my SP Cast Iron duo kit. The problem is that I don't have a colander in the Jeep. I'm thinking about neatly drilling some 1/8 inch holes in the set's lid so that I can easily pour out water (for spuds and/or noodles). My question is: will this ruin the pot for steaming (when using the lid with 1/8 inch holes in it)? I occasionally make rice or steam veggies in it.

Thanks.

Riptide

Explorer
Without handles on that pot, that can't be the easiest thing to drain thru a strainer...

Were it me, and I were desperate for a colander, I'd get a shop to cut out a circle of stainless steel to fit the pot ( I think there is an inside lip), and drill holes in that instead. It could store in the bottom of the bag.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Without handles on that pot, that can't be the easiest thing to drain thru a strainer...

Were it me, and I were desperate for a colander, I'd get a shop to cut out a circle of stainless steel to fit the pot ( I think there is an inside lip), and drill holes in that instead. It could store in the bottom of the bag.

That is a darned-good idea sir. I was very hesitant to play Dr. with my expensive pot. ;)

I bought this for $10.00:
1.jpg

Pulled it's ears off and wound up with this:
2.jpg

It isn't sexy, but it will work for the campout this weekend. Fits in the bag too. You are a genius! I will custom-make one out of stainless steel later. Thanks.

Riptide

Explorer
Nice! That's worth fiddling with by itself. Maybe trim it down a little more, or leave it alone.

Your picture makes it look like the SP stove is gone from the Jeep, or am I missing the whole picture?

motoz

Adventurer
6f2f7af1579b879ffd6d386429c2b52d.jpg

Added a couple Ti 300ml single wall 60th anniversary mugs into the collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fjatl

Adventurer
Is anyone using the stacking shelf containers? If so, has anyone looked for sliding lids? I found some in IG, but they all seem to be home or small-batch made. Can't find anything using the Google.

Here is a pic of one of them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 4.40.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 4.40.30 PM.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 115

Lennart

Adventurer
Is anyone using the stacking shelf containers? If so, has anyone looked for sliding lids? I found some in IG, but they all seem to be home or small-batch made. Can't find anything using the Google.

Here is a pic of one of them

Now why did you have to post something like that? That is going to haunt me in my dreams now :p
Ideally you would still be able to use the clips for the extension table.....
We need to get our DIY on ......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles