Snow Peak Addiction

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
It's hard to tell from the photo if that's a legit SP or not but mine certainly did not look warp like the charcoal pan in the photo. Can you confirm which bbq box you have and post more photos? Also post the SP instructions, easy to spot a knockoff there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yeah, here are the instructions. They look a little cheezy too IMO.

1.jpg

What does everyone think?
2.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
hard to say but the instructions look like mine I remembered ?

I know it can be a bit loose fitting but even if legit or not that is a bit far off to start with so might as well feel good about the purchase :)

jtosbo00

Observer
The instructions are often printed on glossy paper. If it's regular office printer paper, I suspect it is fake. It's quite possible you have the authentic SP and just unfortunately have received a unit with imperfections.

I just caught up on some the postings and noticed that the SP griddle you purchased is being used on a double burner. Don't think that's an issue but want to point out that it is designed for the Double BBQ Box. It fits into a rectangular rack that can be raised/lowered over the charcoals. Again, don't think it's a concern being used over burners.

Last edited:

briferg

Observer
I'm going to return it tomorrow and order one from SP. When the "real" one arrives I'll compare them carefully. Now, I'm not saying that mine is a fake, but you hear a lot of bad things about Amazon these days. Personally, I try not to order anything from Amazon that costs over $50.00.

I'll make sure to take a bunch of pictures in the light tomorrow before I ship it off. And yes, it's a single BBQ box.

I haven't heard these Amazon rumors and I have only had a few minor problems. I order from Amazon a lot. I have a BBQ Box I got from the SP website, it isn't super level but not like what that picture shows. It seems to be off by like an 1/8" on one side, never noticed before. I would just return it like you said.

Riptide

Explorer
Just saw this, very curious how it is compared to Honu's Magma conversion. I wish it had a cover. Wonder if the single BBQ box cover would fit.

Yeah, I wish it had a cover, at least to keep any grease off whatever you transport it in (it does say it comes with a bag).

I think I would have liked the other gas grill they made a few years ago a little better. But, one thing I like about this one is the central drip drain. Put a bit of foil in the pan below, and cleanup should be a snap. Plus, that coating they use on their cast iron is pretty bombproof. Should also clean up quick.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'm tempted to get the gas grill. What's the general consensus here? Gas grill with cast iron vs charcoal BBQ? Not sure that I need both.

jtosbo00

Observer
I'm tempted to get the gas grill. What's the general consensus here? Gas grill with cast iron vs charcoal BBQ? Not sure that I need both.

My use case is probably different then a lot of people here in this forum. I often camp at National Parks and we are a family of 5 and often have other families with us.

I have both the Double BBQ & Gas Grill. The former is messier after a cookout while the latter more portable, easier to clean. I use the gas grill for picnicking while in the park (1 IGT table, gas grill, Baja Burner, 2 bamboo boards). I always keep it in the car. The BBQ grill I leave at the campsite.

The gas grill also heats up quicker which is another plus for my needs.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
gas for me is when burn bans are on :)

or quick lunch fix heat up cook turn off no worries about leaving hot coals etc..

my magma I convered to fit no gas options at the time and my shiny new charcoal :) WOW 6 years ago :)

magma-17.jpg

briferg

Observer

In the Southwest US there are few times when you can have an open fire. This might be a good alternative.
Edit - sorry had not seen the above postings when I replied.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles