Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
I'm thinking about grinding off the bottom ridge on the new GS-220 (the ridge that is rubbing against the iso can in this picture). Can anyone see a problem with that? Far as I can tell it serves no purpose. Rubs on the propane and will make mounting it to my drawer more difficult.

I mentioned this a few pages ago. If you're gonna use propane bottles, you're gonna use a propane adapter (and at 10 bucks for a 1 lb bottle of isopro, vs 2 bucks for a 1 lb Coleman bottle, it won't take long). And the adapter will provide adequate clearance between the bottle shoulder and the stove.

But to answer your question, grinding it off will have no ill effect on the stove.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
So, after thinking, and looking and fitting, I am sending back the GS 220.
I will end up scratching it, and be sad. It will dent, its heavy, and akward and I am actually kind of disappointed in it.

yeah did my partner a bit ago link in the sig
wow just looked 6 years ago :)
my thing was had to be flush and not above it which to me is the power of the IGT and stock wind screen etc..

also the top not being attached works awesome as a tray etc..

I might be selling my IGT setup though :)

I love it but kinda changing directions etc..

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
I'll buy your windscreen if you sell things separately!

:)

reckon try to sell complete first :) that windscreen is such a wanted item :)

also going to sell my 4runner 2015 trail and get something else for now to start saving up getting ideas

Last edited:

dcg141

Adventurer
First time setup of everything..pretty sure this will be my layout.
eco4CXd.jpg

fFIAcb0.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I mentioned this a few pages ago. If you're gonna use propane bottles, you're gonna use a propane adapter (and at 10 bucks for a 1 lb bottle of isopro, vs 2 bucks for a 1 lb Coleman bottle, it won't take long). And the adapter will provide adequate clearance between the bottle shoulder and the stove.

But to answer your question, grinding it off will have no ill effect on the stove.

That's a great idea. I must have missed the post. Wow, had no idea the price difference was that much between propane and iso. I'll be using propane for sure.

KK6POV

Adventurer
yeah did my partner a bit ago link in the sig
wow just looked 6 years ago :)
my thing was had to be flush and not above it which to me is the power of the IGT and stock wind screen etc..

also the top not being attached works awesome as a tray etc..

I might be selling my IGT setup though :)

I love it but kinda changing directions etc..

If you sell let me know! I like your kit, very efficient.

KK6POV

Adventurer
What a pitty you didn't like it. I have had mine since feb 2009 and it is still going strong.
What was it that disappointed you?

It looks great, I am sure it burns great. I dont like the protruding edges for putting it in the IGT, it makes it more awkward to pack. Speaking of packing it requires a hard case or something to protect it I feel. I like gucci but that stove is a little too gucci. I have a baja burner, its great. I love the wok burner idea but WOW $$$$. I might end up with a second Baja at some point, I USUALLY dont need two burners anyways.

dcg141

Adventurer
did the mountaineer fit right in? I see dims are 15" deep

It has a 1/2 inch piece of aluminum bar stock on the back. It fits without it but that makes it a tighter fit. Its also 25 1/2 inches long so you will have to cut a board to 9 1/2 to fill in. The black board is a richlite cutting board.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
If you sell let me know! I like your kit, very efficient.

yup will do and I do love it :)
how long have you lived on the Kitsap peninsula ? did I ever ask you this :) ahahahah I forgot if I did
I might be up in Poulsbo this summer (parents house to visit)

part of my end game as to why selling just in case anyone is curious
I kinda want to see about getting a van and trying some more travel type camping with kids see other states and places etc.. and then work into a sprinter type 4x4 vehicle and want to take my photography on the road if I can and show the kids this awesome country we live in
seems %95 of what we do anyway is not 4x4 anymore more drives to forest roads for say 10+ miles then sometimes small side jaunts of a few miles that are rough 4x4 but not so insane that a subaru etc.. could not do %90 of those even the few times and places that are harder we wont see for a while but still plenty to see :) then in near future with money saved trailer some fun suv/atv etc.. to bring the family back to those spots with back pack gear to spend the night or just day trip and if we break those no big deal drag em back to camp and trailer em up :)

KK6POV

Adventurer
yup will do and I do love it :)
how long have you lived on the Kitsap peninsula ? did I ever ask you this :) ahahahah I forgot if I did
I might be up in Poulsbo this summer (parents house to visit)

part of my end game as to why selling just in case anyone is curious
I kinda want to see about getting a van and trying some more travel type camping with kids see other states and places etc.. and then work into a sprinter type 4x4 vehicle and want to take my photography on the road if I can and show the kids this awesome country we live in
seems %95 of what we do anyway is not 4x4 anymore more drives to forest roads for say 10+ miles then sometimes small side jaunts of a few miles that are rough 4x4 but not so insane that a subaru etc.. could not do %90 of those even the few times and places that are harder we wont see for a while but still plenty to see :) then in near future with money saved trailer some fun suv/atv etc.. to bring the family back to those spots with back pack gear to spend the night or just day trip and if we break those no big deal drag em back to camp and trailer em up :)

I have lived on the Kitsap Peninsula about 2 years now. I moved from San Diego, I really miss the desert but we LOVE the small town-ness of Silverdale. The town is great, the people are great, it feels like where I grew up. (central coast of CA)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I had some time to install the GS-220 in my JeepKitchen this weekend. Couple pictures for yall. I've been trying to find a way to haul a griddle for a long time (that doesn't take space from anything else). Success!
1C+mJO5zR9Gt8JMXkIEk7Q.jpg

tray.jpg

Do any of you have this SP griddle? It seems to have some sort of shiny coating on it and I'm wondering if I need to remove it somehow. My instructions were in Japanese...and I can't find the English version anywhere.

Honu

lost on the mainland
have it I removed the coating with heat seasoned like I do my steal woks

sadly my pan warps some when using it :(

but want to see what it does if when I get the fire pit and drop it in that like I have seen then it might not matter as much :)

so will be curious if yours kinda tweaks when it gets hot :)

decided to see what the Japan site said :) and now they mention it deforms when hot :) so not just mine :)

from the Japan site https://ec.snowpeak.co.jp/snowpeak/ja/キャンプ/ファイヤー&グリルシステム/グリルプレート黒皮鉄板/p/584 using google
Usage notes
The unique black color of the black leather iron plate is not based on special processing, but is due to the color of the material with the iron component and carbon film changed in composition due to high temperature. Due to the nature of the material, there is color unevenness on the surface, but there is no hindrance to use. When used, it deforms due to thermal expansion of the metal. Please note.

Before using for the first time
【1】 When using for the first time, drop the coating of the rust preventive coating which is coated on the surface. First of all, it is baked gently until the whole is smokey, and the film of rust prevention paint is dropped. Please slowly cool down. After thoroughly cooling down, wash the inside with a neutral detergent and let it dry.

How to care
Do not use detergent after use, please wash with hot water. After washing, please dry it with fire, thinly apply edible oil for rust prevention and store it. When rust occurs, scrape off with metal scoure, etc. and then apply edible oil.

I had some time to install the GS-220 in my JeepKitchen this weekend. Couple pictures for yall. I've been trying to find a way to haul a griddle for a long time (that doesn't take space from anything else). Success!
View attachment 439135

View attachment 439137

Do any of you have this SP griddle? It seems to have some sort of shiny coating on it and I'm wondering if I need to remove it somehow. My instructions were in Japanese...and I can't find the English version anywhere.

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Cool. Thanks for the directions. I do have the fire pit. Maybe I'll fire it up later today and give the tray a good baking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles