Snow Peak Addiction

motoz

Adventurer
I came across another sink setup. Looks well thought out.
179b97134579c76bd7674a1005f74019.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cactusjk

Explorer
I like that approach since easier to work with the wood. You would think someone is selling these kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtosbo00

Observer
IGT Hanging Rack Frame 2 Stage

I got an email this weekend that the Hanging Rack is back in stock. They also had the Deep Mesh Tray in stock but I may have bought the last 2. Oops! :) The shallow versions are in stock.

Other notable in-stock item:
IGT 300/400 Adjustable Legs

https://snowpeak.com/collections/iron-grill-table

BTW, they have the coveted garden table. I almost bought it while in Japan but the hefty price tag was a lot to stomach after buying a ton of SP gear already. Now that they finally have it in the US, its on my xmas wish list.... if I can stand to wait that long. :p

1_80c15823-9061-47eb-8e82-cb583244423c_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
My GS-1000 hooked up to a bulk tank. Its likes high pressure. 30 PSI is where I have my regulator set.

Cool. Thanks for the visual. My GS-220 arrived and it's a very sexy stove. LOL. All that brushed stainless is awesome. I'll attempt to install it in the JeepKitchen this weekend and see how things go. My hope is that I can raise the drawer platform that the stove will sit on...to allow me to install the necessary plumbing to convert it to propane underneath and leave it there.

So, you are not running a regulator on the propane tank? The regulator is inside your little adapter in the picture?

dcg141

Adventurer
No a regulator at the tank. https://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-7850-Adjustable-High-Pressure/dp/B000VXEW4G/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1521075762&sr=1-3&keywords=bayou+classic+regulator Nice to have so you can adjust to any stove. Most camping stoves like high pressure. Using a G-Works adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U776PXM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Then just standard propane adapters from there.

It has a good flame and puts out a lot of heat. I just seasoned that wok in a few minutes.
VgqKMe7.jpg

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Grinding the bottom of a new stove?

I'm thinking about grinding off the bottom ridge on the new GS-220 (the ridge that is rubbing against the iso can in this picture). Can anyone see a problem with that? Far as I can tell it serves no purpose. Rubs on the propane and will make mounting it to my drawer more difficult.

KpID6PjET9qWU1ze5nZb7Q.jpg

lSf92gjJQcaFvgaC4fPGZA.jpg

KK6POV

Adventurer
I'm thinking about grinding off the bottom ridge on the new GS-220 (the ridge that is rubbing against the iso can in this picture). Can anyone see a problem with that? Far as I can tell it serves no purpose. Rubs on the propane and will make mounting it to my drawer more difficult.

View attachment 438723

View attachment 438724

That weird, I noticed that as well I dont think it will effect the operation. I just received mine today. I got a good price from back country.

How the heck am I going to pack this thing... Any thoughts? I would like a padded or semi-hard sided bag, I dont really want to go the Pelican case route for a stove...

KK6POV

Adventurer
So, after thinking, and looking and fitting, I am sending back the GS 220.
I will end up scratching it, and be sad. It will dent, its heavy, and akward and I am actually kind of disappointed in it.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I do have the Giga Stove, Wok, and the special ring for the wok. I had to order that the ring from Japan, nobody in the US had it.

The wok works fine on a regular table for me, but do like that setup.

How funny. My friend bought the ring in the US during clearance around Xmas time. But he has yet to get the Giga Stove; waiting for sale. I told him, he's committed to buy the stove since he bought the ring for one.

dcg141

Adventurer
Nice wok setup, the exact reason I didn't get the REI deal on the 3 IGT setup. It would have never ended :)

I do have the Giga Stove, Wok, and the special ring for the wok. I had to order that the ring from Japan, nobody in the US had it.

The wok works fine on a regular table for me, but do like that setup.

Lol..I got mine from Japan also. I don't think your officially an addict until you set up an account with Amazon Japan.

Last edited:

dcg141

Adventurer
I will end up scratching it, and be sad. It will dent, its heavy, and akward and I am actually kind of disappointed in it.

I modified a Camp Chef stove to work on an IGT. I have seen where others have done the same with a Partner stove. I never really warmed up to the GS 220 for some reason.

Lennart

Adventurer

What a pitty you didn't like it. I have had mine since feb 2009 and it is still going strong.
What was it that disappointed you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles