Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
Staring out with a couple of units...I need to set it up with my trailer and awning and kinda see how it all fits..then build from there.

jerdog53

Explorer
Who doesn't like some Snow Peak Swag??!! I want to see a show of hands!!
y0!.gif

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Cast Iron Duo question

Hi All,
I'm gearing up to order a grand's worth of Snowpeak gear for the kitchen in my Jeep and space is very limited. Can anyone that has the Snowpeak Cast Iron Duo tell me how tall the kit is when stacked for storage? I'd really love to know the max height with and without the storage case before I order it. Inches matter in my case.

This weekend I played with my large SP firepit and grilled a steak. It was awesome, and I think I've caught the Snowpeak bug!

CoastieLFS

One Way to Add Propane to Snow Peak Pack & Carry Fireplace/Field Oven

I recently purchased the Snow Peak pack & carry large fireplace and field oven. I came across this thread while searching for ways to add propane to the system. I realize this is something that only a few people might be interested in but figured I would share anyway.

I happen to also own the Volcano III with the propane adaptor & diffuser plate. This is something that Volcano sells as an accessory. https://www.volcanogrills.com/additional-accessories.html . I played around with the Snow Peak fireplace & oven today to become more familiar with it & discovered that the Volcano III propane adaptor fits very nicely on top of the charcoal plate. I haven't fired anything up yet, but it looks promising for those times when propane may be the preferred heating method.

BTW, this will work with both the 1lb & large propane tanks with the right adaptors.

20180115_140530.jpg

20180115_141001.jpg

20180115_141025.jpg

20180115_134241.jpg

20180115_134327.jpg

20180115_140206.jpg

cactusjk

Explorer
Keep us posted on how this works out!
I recently purchased the Snow Peak pack & carry large fireplace and field oven. I came across this thread while searching for ways to add propane to the system. I realize this is something that only a few people might be interested in but figured I would share anyway.

I happen to also own the Volcano III with the propane adaptor & diffuser plate. This is something that Volcano sells as an accessory. https://www.volcanogrills.com/additional-accessories.html . I played around with the Snow Peak fireplace & oven today to become more familiar with it & discovered that the Volcano III propane adaptor fits very nicely on top of the charcoal plate. I haven't fired anything up yet, but it looks promising for those times when propane may be the preferred heating method.

BTW, this will work with both the 1lb & large propane tanks with the right adaptors.

View attachment 431742

View attachment 431743

View attachment 431744

View attachment 431745

View attachment 431746

View attachment 431747

Riptide

Explorer
Cast Iron Duo dimensions

Mine measures about 5 1/8" tall, nested and with the lid inverted, and just under 8" at the widest point, which is the skillet or plate tabs. This is the set alone, not in its canvas storage sack. In the storage sack, it's just over 5 1/2" in height.

This set has rapidly become one of my favorite SP items. The versatility of the pieces really make it a joy to use; the skillet or the plates can become the pot lids if cooking something tall, or one can put the pot lid on the skillet or plates. One can cook ones food right on the plate, which is perhaps my favorite feature: I hate putting hot food right on a cold metal plate, which is what I used to car camp with. Now, I just throw a plate on the camp stove for a few minutes. The plates are deep enough to act as bowls, if needed for stew and the like.

It comes coated with some sort of SP coating. It's not a seasoning, but some hard coating, from what I understand. I have used mine over a fire on a grate, and on my cook stoves, with no harm to the coating. I do nest a paper towel between the pot bottom and the skillet to protect the skillet interior, but so far, the set seems bombproof. Of course, there are other little features that show just how much thought SP puts into their stuff, which makes you forget about the price tag after awhile...

And the size is perfect for two people. I highly recommend it.

It is a shame it is so expensive. REI carried it for a little while, and I think the set was 160, and I bought mine during one of their sale periods.

Hi All,
I'm gearing up to order a grand's worth of Snowpeak gear for the kitchen in my Jeep and space is very limited. Can anyone that has the Snowpeak Cast Iron Duo tell me how tall the kit is when stacked for storage? I'd really love to know the max height with and without the storage case before I order it. Inches matter in my case.

Last edited:

briferg

Observer

View attachment 431742

View attachment 431743

View attachment 431744

View attachment 431745

View attachment 431746

View attachment 431747

I have the Volcano III and the Large Pack and Carry, I think that would work if you could get the propane burner lower. As low as that burner footprint could go in that inverse pyramid. You would just have to make a smaller rest for the burner and get the tube to the burner by drilling a hole lower or enlarging an existing one. To me as in my photographer vocabulary - the profile view has too narrow and angle of view. Now that I see your idea, I want to mess around with it myself. Thanks for the post!

Riptide

Explorer
The burner with the diffuser plate looks pretty good as-is, using the grill bridge. But, if you wanted to go lower, the small fireplace grate will fit as well, since all the fireplaces are perfectly square...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier