Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
To answer the above question.... A person needs as much propane as THEY feel THEY need...

The rest.... Is ZERO concern of mine.... valet parking, mall crawlers, stickers, propane tanks, KOA, Dennis the Menace, Snow Peak haters.... I could give 2 $h!ts.

Unprofessionalism, vile hate and discontent, eliteist attitude, disrespect toward customers and a "youre all beneath attitude..." Thats an issue. Especially on a public forum.... If thats how you feel, moreso as a business owner... keep it between you and your cronies around a campfire out in the boonies...

Exploder
That's the trick, though. It's John's forum. Any EE customer may join and post. I can't recall the last time I saw a post there from someone that complained here and threatened to not spend any money with EE.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Stu,

If youre here to defend a guy that just farted in the face of the majority of the participants of this thread, you might want to go get more febreeze or go join crew over in the plumbers crack... I dont need to or wish to waste my time over there... the juice isnt worth the squeeze. ....Oh and I didnt know you were the authority on who has spent money at EE?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
That's the trick, though. It's John's forum. Any EE customer may join and post. I can't recall the last time I saw a post there from someone that complained here and threatened to not spend any money with EE.

Its not a trick... its his toilet bowl and hes the big turd in it. Going there to try to reason with a ********** talking ************** and his lemmings would be an exercise in futility...
and Im through wasting time explaing myself to you... feel free to go to the plumbers crack to vent if you have an issue here with this thread or its participants. I applaud your loyalty, though. Just make sure you dont go big on propane.. or Snow Peak gear... Id hate to see them turn on you....

Exploder
Just going by previous experience. If you've spent money there, join the forum and show us what's what.

And you've spent a decent amount of time squeezing that juice.

Also, I've been posting on EE for years. stu454 is the username. Search here under Who is Chris Snell. Read up on it. As I've noted elsewhere today, you folks haven't discovered EE and the plumbers snorkel thread.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I wasnt claiming to have "discovered" anything... just pointing out ******************** where I see it.. especially when its pointed at folks I consider friends, here and elsewhere.... If you wan to condone, promote or participate in it, feel free... but this isnt the place for that...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Just going by previous experience. If you've spent money there, join the forum and show us what's what.

And you've spent a decent amount of time squeezing that juice.

Also, I've been posting on EE for years. stu454 is the username. Search here under Who is Chris Snell. Read up on it. As I've noted elsewhere today, you folks haven't discovered EE and the plumbers snorkel thread.

US, huh? Been posting on there for years? Birds of a feather... ...bye, felicia... please run along back to the crack... the turds in the toilet might be missing you. Feel free to repost my photos there and talk ********...

Last edited:

briferg

Observer
Bwwahhhh! ******************************

I have to admit, the propane thing was puzzling to me too... so he advocates using tiny green bottles? Or perhaps even smaller Iso cans? I carry one of each for backup, but really?

I was scratching my head, but alas, I'm part of the problem, so maybe it's going over my head. I need something to power my Partner Stove and Skottle !! ;)

He'd probably really have issues that I rolled Sushi on the IGT on a hilltop in Vermont. Oh, wait, in someone's "backyard" in Vermont.

He has all of those IGT photos in a backyard about how it is a great way to have a communal meal, the Japanese style of Yakatori style cooking where everyone sits and cooks together.

"The IGT System also presents a viable alternative to the dedicated grill for backyard barbeques with family and friends. Most backyard grills do not allow cooking at the table. If you think about almost every barbeque you have been to, why do the men hang out around the grill drinking beers while the women are at the tables and the children playing elsewhere? We do not presume to have the answer to this question. And yet it is undeniable that this is how most barbeques play out. Only when the food is all done and ready to serve do people come together at the table. We prefer the IGT System with everyone prepping, cooking, and eating together at the table. It's much more social and fun this way."

This was the part of the attraction of the IGT system to me, was it is multipurpose. I probably spent a little over $500 with him, never had a problem. There does seem to be a tone on that thread that suggests an attitude that sounds weird. I thought for a guy I bought Snow Peak stuff from when I couldn't get it from other places he was great. The calling out of how people decide to use their gear seems odd. His website is full of backyard cookouts and off road meals.

snowpeak027 001.JPG

Last edited:

jtosbo00

Observer
So I have a question and hope someone here knows how I can salvage a SP double burner I bought in Japan but can’t get the SP ISO gas canisters here (Silver). Before I left, I bought the GS-230 which is almost the same as the GS-220 except it only uses GP-500S canisters and they are mounted upside down. After I discovered that GP-500s canisters were not sold here in the USA, I picked up the GS-220 on sale and the 230 has been sitting in its original box since.

Anyone know how I can still use this stove? Special adapters or perhaps another brand that would work? I know very little about gas and I was hesitant to even try experimenting.

18df7e2e8241d598d2b901531b638e53.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles