Snow Peak Addiction

Riptide

Explorer
I managed to cram a pretty nice IGT 3U kitchen and table into my Suzuki Samurai for VOR this weekend. Way overkill for my needs this weekend, but since we're basecamping for the weekend instead of point-to-point camping, why not? Actually, the whole kitchen assembly looks like a SP ad; I really gotta quit this crack...

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
I managed to cram a pretty nice IGT 3U kitchen and table into my Suzuki Samurai for VOR this weekend. Way overkill for my needs this weekend, but since we're basecamping for the weekend instead of point-to-point camping, why not? Actually, the whole kitchen assembly looks like a SP ad; I really gotta quit this crack...

Pictures, where are the pictures?!? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briferg

Observer
We need Snow Peak to hang up the urban hipstier chic clothing, soap and toys...
We nead the GEAR! Specifically IGT stuff!

"Snow Peak's journey began in 1958, when our founder Yukio Yamai, an accomplished mountaineer, created his own line of superior climbing gear out of the discontent for the current gear on the market."

"Presently, the next generation of the Yamai legacy is being brought forward by Yukio's granddaughter, Lisa Yamai, who in 2014 launched Snow Peak Apparel. With great acclaim from the fashion and outdoor industries, Snow Peak Apparel has inspired a new generation of outdoor enthusiasts."

I think that says something about where they are headed.

Riptide

Explorer
I gotta say how much I love my Cast Iron Duo cookset. I used it for every meal for 4 days, and loved the versatility. The smaller size was perfect for me solo, and would work well for two as well. The cast iron heated up faster than I expected, and I like the ability to use the set on pretty much any sort of heat; campfire, gas stove, or coals. In fact, since I hate hot food on cold plates, I often put a plate on the burner for a few minutes to warm it up. Decadent!

The whole thing, minus one of the plates, stacks in a SP IGT storage box.

The only downside is the price, which SP has really jacked up since I bought mine. Which is a shame, since I would have bought another set for the cabin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94