Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
seen em in person and they are nice but I wont buy a set :) rather use other things myself
for the money I do not feel they are that nice :) I love SP of course but also reality it has to perform and be worth it IMHO other pots are better

before I bought this I would spend money on a magma set or something else :)

jtosbo00

Observer
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to order SP gear from amazon.co.jp? I just ordered the gloves and it will be here next week. The trick is to buy from Amazon.co.jp themselves and use their global shipping. Very, very few third party stores will ship overseas. Despite the extra cost in shipping, I still saved about $15 compared to lowest price found on Amazon.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking it's getting close (if not past due) to have a SP addiction meetup. You've all seen the photos of the group camps that SP does in Japan!

Let's get one going here! Yes, geography and seasons will make it tough, but how cool would it be to have all of us in a spot with all the SP gear we could setup. Swap meet, vendor or two (YDR?, SnowPeak?) and spend all the time oogling over everyone else's setups!

If not a single meetup, maybe a dedicated group camp area at Expo East/West?

Sounds like a fun proposition. I still haven't done OEX east.... The stars haven't aligned yet.... I'll try again this year but can't say for sure. I'll be at 36 Hours of Uhwarrie in August and Appalachian Rendezvous around the same time as OEX East.

It would be GREAT to geek out with fellow addicts.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Have you seen these in person? I love everything snow peak and understand the premium - curious if the quality is worth $180 though? I'm ready to buy now.

I have that set. Picked it up used before it was discontinued. It is thin and light weight but Snow Peak quality stainless steel ; (the pots)
I've made a lot food in them on very high heat. Partner steel stove as well as the Snow Peak hot air balloon burner.... no issues. they clean-up easy, too.

High Country Nomad

Mountain Explorer
seen em in person and they are nice but I wont buy a set :) rather use other things myself
for the money I do not feel they are that nice :) I love SP of course but also reality it has to perform and be worth it IMHO other pots are better

before I bought this I would spend money on a magma set or something else :)

Thanks, I actually have a Magma set for car camping, but was looking at these for our pop up camper, I passed and bought two low beach chairs instead.

High Country Nomad

Mountain Explorer
I have that set. Picked it up used before it was discontinued. It is thin and light weight but Snow Peak quality stainless steel ; (the pots)
I've made a lot food in them on very high heat. Partner steel stove as well as the Snow Peak hot air balloon burner.... no issues. they clean-up easy, too.

Thanks, I talked to John Lee and he had 1 set left, but decided to spend money on other SP stuff. The Snow Peak website has shown out of stock on the low beach chairs for a while, I just called the portland store and they have plenty there.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I think its a set that if you can get it on REI garage deal or something could be worth it :)

motoz

Adventurer
Have you seen these in person? I love everything snow peak and understand the premium - curious if the quality is worth $180 though? I'm ready to buy now.

I've had a set for the last few years and love it. All stackable obviously. The snow peak mini kettle fits inside the small pot also.

adac05319fffeca6a105f44b66975d00.jpg

f549698e26619200a882fc85a1d6eb52.jpg

They're quite robust. I've sat the pots directly in the coals with minimal discolouration of the SS. The pot handle enables the lit to sit at 90' on the top lip of the pot while your stirring etc.

Also the handle screws in to make a saucepan which is an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrys

Observer
Just ordered the Fireplace starter kit from the SP site, back in stock this morning :)

Where is the sale section? I can't seem to find it...

DonTom

These were the first SP purchase I made, about 17 years ago. I never got the frypan to work well, the smallest billy (which is what we call a pot with a swinging handle in New Zealand) split when stood on by a horse, but the rest of the set is magic. The biggest billy with the strainer has been used to steam shellfish and boil pasta all over the world, and the next size down has made hundreds of curries and pasta sauces. Yes, it sticks a bit on the bottom, but always cleans up fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtosbo00

Observer
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to order SP gear from amazon.co.jp? I just ordered the gloves and it will be here next week. The trick is to buy from Amazon.co.jp themselves and use their global shipping. Very, very few third party stores will ship overseas. Despite the extra cost in shipping, I still saved about $15 compared to lowest price found on Amazon.com.

Guessing no one has tried. My delivery arrives on Tuesday. Pretty quick considering it is shipping from Japan to Connecticut (7 day turnaround). In case you can't find a SP Gear, might try them! I was able to get the 1/2 SS Box Hanger, Gloves (w/ fingers, not mitts), and BBQ Pitts Tongs. I also found the very hard to find windscreen but someone is bringing it over in August.

International shipping is made easy with the Amazon Global program. Shipping to outside of Japan is exempt from Japanese consumption tax.
We calculate the import fee deposit at checkout and provide customs clearance on your behalf.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=agbh..._m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=4JWXZ4XED5XE5DCY27WC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles