Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
sold my SP burners went with a PS so do not have the baja this is a old pic

info on it at this link
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1093763#post1093763
and did some things to make it work with the IGT in various ways which I am very happy with :)

PS_IGT-2.jpg

Thanks!

I thought that this had been discussed at length but perhaps not so? If there will be any issues with switching a SP dual burner over to propane I'd consider getting a partner stove instead. Any thoughts on this? I heard someone had made an adapter to fit the partner stove in the IGT system, is that correct?

cactusjk

Explorer
I went with a tray to allow the PS to fit in my existing bags, etc. and I didn't want to permanently attach anything to the PS (personal preference). I can have these trays produced if anyone is interested. The tray is the size of a 2 IGT insert.

Honu's setup is nice too!

I made an adapter for my Partner Steel a ways back. It was a simple tray insert. SS with holes to reduce weight.

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I went with a tray to allow the PS to fit in my existing bags, etc. and I didn't want to permanently attach anything to the PS (personal preference). I can have these trays produced if anyone is interested. The tray is the size of a 2 IGT insert.

Honu's setup is nice too!

I'd definitely be down for one!

I have the PS stove from the AT combo slide, which uses a compact stove that AT had made specifically. I mocked something up this week similar, but I like your design better. This way I could use the PS stove with my SP table when cooking away from the truck.

The only thing I was contemplating was adding some small studs at the corners for the stove to set down on, so it doesn't slide around. Then put 4 small holes in the bottom of the stove to accept the studs. Something easy like metal threaded rod...

What would the cost be on your tray design?

cactusjk

Explorer
PM sent.
I'd definitely be down for one!

I have the PS stove from the AT combo slide, which uses a compact stove that AT had made specifically. I mocked something up this week similar, but I like your design better. This way I could use the PS stove with my SP table when cooking away from the truck.

The only thing I was contemplating was adding some small studs at the corners for the stove to set down on, so it doesn't slide around. Then put 4 small holes in the bottom of the stove to accept the studs. Something easy like metal threaded rod...

What would the cost be on your tray design?

DesertSand05

Observer
Does anyone have experience with the micro oval dutch ovens?

Snow Peak USA had told me they were discontinuing these, did you them in stock some where?

I have a set of them, I got the oval ones at REI when they were getting rid of them. I have only used them in my oven at home, haven't tried them out camping yet. You defiantly want at least two of each size so you can stack them and roast things like chicken. The pot lifter; sold separately is good to have.

I managed to track the other two sizes down, but don't recommend them. They are just two small for practical use. The oval size is still kind of small, but its useable to roast chicken breasts and for desserts.

I wish I would have grabbed one more of the oval size to match the one I have. They all fit in the snow peak rectangular case. Like everything Snow Peak, the accessories get you :)

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
Does anyone have experience with the micro oval dutch ovens?

Yes Sir, they are easy to use and easy to clean. I have not had to reseason them. You can use the lid as a little grill plate. you can combine two bottom halves to make a giant bowl. I have got the lid lifter that goes with it, which is good as well.
I love them :)

V5SEeR.jpg

VfyVEN.jpg

DDiuL8.jpg

okjIUa.jpg

bEAoNy.jpg

KS9z8s.jpg

DonTom

Another addict joins the circle.

You guys are certifiably insane. Pleased to meet you. I got to page 70, skipped to the end. BUT I WILL GO BACK AND FINISH THIS BOOK!

Here's my SnowPeak back story: I've been a fan and user of SnowPeak stuff for about 15 years or so. Used to work in sales for the original distributor in NZ. We sold exactly nothing to the retailers in our network, because the prices were so crazy! So I scored a Field Cooker set and basically all the Trek Ti series at cost out of our sample stock, and have been very happy with them. Added a couple of things along the way, most notably the field kitchen sashimi knife.

Anyway, roll along 15 years and a couple of kids, and I'm in Qatar. Where I learn to BBQ with charcoal. Got myself a Weber kettle, think I'm pretty cool. Wifey decides we're going to Japan this Christmas, for skiing. Soo, I recall that as being the home of SnowPeak, rock up to their website to see what's new, and discover the Iron Grill Table. Go to research that and find this thread. OH ****! I really thought I'd escaped my stove addiction! I have about 40 kerosene pressure stoves back in my garage in NZ, and now this? ****** have you guys done to my head?

Anyone know the best place to buy SnowPeak in Japan? I'll make sure the "best" ski resort is real close....

Cheers, I guess,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94