Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
Chris
Lennart has one of the dutch oven inserts they made for the IGT sadly some of the cool stuff they made is now discontinued ?
link to the post
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58091-Snow-Peak-Addiction?p=1570486#post1570486
you might even be able to try a steam pan for the dutch oven instead of using as a sink ? shallow one maybe ? or just get a piece of steel cut to width

as far as washing goes my plastic fits down inside but I never use it that way I just leave it on top on the side table
while I was going to go with two IGT 4 space units and just have there own things ? I am OK with the wood table on the side
I have two more 2 space IGT I am going to sell :) I did have a more dedicated one but no pics of it but was basically the wash basin sitting inside it just squeezes in and worked just fine but kinda expensive and another thing to setup for that so the simple basin works

watersetup_02.jpg

or
5_13_06.jpg

really has ended up being the easiest over having one insert ! BUT that said I do have a steam pan and mocked something up once again using my aluminum material as the guide
since the IGT inlet is 12.75 inches the chafing dish is the same size so it just falls through but a piece of flat aluminum on each side screwed/riveted on would make it drop in perfect and they are readily available and cheap
I have one I have been playing with and going to do some things with them in some ways for me with the metal one I picked up at costco business but amazon has them to
http://www.amazon.com/Update-Intern...d_sbs_k_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DDEKWA3KRB7TZ8G228D
and they have lids so you could cover it up and have a surface or use that cutting board Idea I do for top cover
IMHO that might be something to think about trying to work with as a wash insert ? also you can put it on the stove to get the water hot ! (read that here on another post from someone)

but for me I am torn about the drop in sink ? I might just use it as a stand alone put on the stove warm the water and then have a second cool one for rinse etc...

I had looked into the chafing pans as a way to make inserts before snow peak came out with theirs and I saw them on that Japanese guys site quite a few posts back

but maybe even a 20 inch wide shallow could work as a dutch oven setup ?

the one idea I am playing with is to use them as drawers ? since they have the lip just a thin set of something to slid them into and they could work quite well as small drawers

I love the drop in inserts but when I played with mine using the steam pan idea I found it was a pain since that one pic is when I am cooking the surface is covered ! but drawers could be handy to have ;)

one other reason I think for dishes the steam pans work no square corners so easier to keep clean as a wash basin !

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Some good ideas Honu. Seeing that picture of Lennarts, it occurred to me, I guess I could use my single bbq box to hold it too... I'm rarely using both at the same time.

I like the idea of those steam pans for a sink. Could probably cut a hole in one and mount a drain with a PVC flange for a hose.

I do a flat folding tub for dishes today, but was thinking I could get something that I could swap into the IGT when it was time to do dishes. Ideally I want to mount a folding faucet into it as well, since I have a pump on the setup.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
if you wanted a drain I wonder about some of the bar sinks ? since they can be small you might find one ready to go that way ?

do the camp RV sinks that have the faucet built in measure to drop in ?

we have a strainer thing that fits as a drop in we were using as a drying rack and for washing things etc... :)

amaes

Picked up my first Snowpeak item yesterday. Bought a gigapower stove. Awesome little stove. Way better then me last

Chris Boyd

Explorer
OMG, I went looking for a corner at the SnowPeak website and thought I saw a torch in stock! It didn't show out stock, so I placed it and a left corner in my basket and they say it shipped -- yippee.

So if anyone has been looking, looks like they have (or had) them.

Lennart

Adventurer
Lot's of new products for 2015. Plenty of IGT accessories as well :victory:

IGT connection hook, Shelf Container Connection, IGT Hanging Rack Frame are on my wishlist already .....

epemdoc

New to forum. Love SP products. Got 3 unit IGT table, baja burner, single BBQ unit, long table, just getting started. Thank you all for the great info on this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior