Snow Peak Addiction

Doc_

Sammich!
Hi, I'm Samwise and I'm a Snow Peak addict.

It began with a titanium mug, and moved on to aluminum spoons and collapsible chop sticks.
I just think about Snow Peak, and I'm looking in the direction of REI. Is that bad?

Lennart

Adventurer
Hi, I'm Samwise and I'm a Snow Peak addict.

It began with a titanium mug, and moved on to aluminum spoons and collapsible chop sticks.
I just think about Snow Peak, and I'm looking in the direction of REI. Is that bad?

Yes you are doomed ?

ausandyk74

Hi guys, new to the forum, but not Snow Peak. I'm from Australia, so SP is very expensive atm.
I thought the paper towel holder was a limited offer item. We can't get them in Aus.

DesertSand05

Observer
I never thought I'd see the multi tables w/o the hooks in the US, they sold out out of them very quickly in Japan. I think they save some item for their stores around the world, then slowly distribute them after Japan gets them first.

They also had a very cool Snow Peak Black case for the large fire place, also sold out instantly. That hasn't shown up in the US at all.

They are pushing that Stainless Steel Kitchen that has the holes to put attachments on the top rail. Pretty much all the attachments are FES limited items, so they probably have to re-manufacture some of the items to push the sales of the stainless steel kitchen. Im not complaining it gave me a chance to grab a set of the stainless steel end shelves and the paper towel holder, I never thought i would see them in stock again.

Scoutman

Explorer
We just picked up the SP sandwich maker and used it extensively this past weekend. Man what a great addition to our camp (and home) kitchen. So many possibilities... Quality is top notch and I'm amazed at how easily it cleans up.

wolf-camp

In order to get more independent from the Snowpeak Stoves I designed a laser cut stainless steel plate in 362mm x 250mm x 5mm, work was done by john-steel in France.

Boiling Test 1_1920.jpg

Boiling Test 2_1920.jpg

In this plate my old & reliable Primus burners fit perfectly.
I own the easy fuel gas version and multi fuel version that mostly runs on gas.

Today I did a comparison with a 20cm cladded 4 liter Pot to boil 3 liters of water from 20 degree celsius air temperature.
Primus Easy Fuel
Primus Multi Fuel
Snow Peak GS 1000 LI Stove

All on a 5kg propane bottle, gas pressure on my G-Works Regulatur was set to 0.45 Mpa

Result:
Primus Easy Fuel -> 13:30 Minutes
Primus Multi Fuel -> 8:30 Minutes
Snow Peak GS 1000 LI Stove -> 7:15 Minutes

So far not so bad for the comparable smallish Primus multi fuel stove.
When using a Pot with larger diameter (26/28cm) then the advantage of the GS1000 Stove will be more visible because of the larger Burner diameter.

Wolf

Honu

lost on the mainland
We just picked up the SP sandwich maker and used it extensively this past weekend. Man what a great addition to our camp (and home) kitchen. So many possibilities... Quality is top notch and I'm amazed at how easily it cleans up.
One of our favs :)
put in a scrambled egg then slide out then put in hash browns and then the egg then bacon or sausage and cheese put on more hash browns close up and they make a awesome breakfast

Pics here

DesertSand05

Observer
A lot of SP Inventory is out of stock.

I was lucky enough to grab a paper towel holder and a few of the FES Multi Tables. They are pretty cool.

I always wanted one of the CK-128 hangers for the kitchen utensils and almost bought a paper towel holder to dremel it, but figured if I wait long enough I might find one, one day some where or maybe they will come out with something similar.

I did notice snow peak use has the water proof bags that work like a sink now.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
A simple SP upgrade to my moto camp kitchen.....Picked up a SP Titanium 450 Double wall mug to replace my old blue Boy Scout plastic cup thats been bouncing around for 40 years. Just got tired of my coffee going cold.....time to grow-up I guess.

Snow Peak = One Piece At A Time...

612E773C-A53C-4C05-8929-3A731851F939.jpeg2F1DA471-896E-4FD3-A9A3-DB2C0A1C8883.jpeg

Riptide

Explorer
I love/hate mine. It beats burning the lips, but it's not a vacuum between the two walls, so it doesn't stay hot for very long. The cover helps, though.

What kind of sewing machine is that? I just bought a Sailrite Ultrafeed to start modifying some of my own gear...

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I love/hate mine. It beats burning the lips, but it's not a vacuum between the two walls, so it doesn't stay hot for very long. The cover helps, though.

What kind of sewing machine is that? I just bought a Sailrite Ultrafeed to start modifying some of my own gear...

Sailrite makes great machines and DIY videos.....good choice!
Mine is a Juki 1541S for custom work and product development, It replaced my old trusty REX.
1F1A80FE-63DC-48AC-A712-3D6F2CD5D62E.jpegEAC06177-69D9-4065-A32A-B56F1670CBCE.jpeg

DesertSand05

Observer
I ordered a 220 sink. Now I know who took the multi tables!

I have burned too many times with Snow peak OOS issues. :)

It is an addiction :)

I have no idea how many they had in stock.

I am trying to build up an IGT setup; the CK-170's two units got discontinued, so when I saw the multi tables available in the US I grabbed those for my tables instead of the traditional ones with the hooks. I figure I use one for the IGT as a work space, and then one or two for a traditional table.

Worse case you could even use the low legs and use it as a low table. They seem more versatile than the extensions with the hooks, they should make it a regular item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94