Snow Peak Addiction

ahjushi

Maybe this will help sway the love for the big pot; it really is a clever design:
View attachment 581017
As an aside, I think the lid tongs SP makes for their Micro cast iron pots will also fit on the tabs of the pan, although you gotta spread them pretty far apart. I tried it once.

I love the Micros too, especially the biggest one.

So you and a sale convinced me to pick one up haha. Any idea on what the second lifter pro (the straight, shorter one) is used for?
1589596708887.png
All the product shots I've seen online only show the longer one being used to take the lid off, but I haven't seen any pictures of the short one in use.

Lennart

Adventurer
So you and a sale convinced me to pick one up haha. Any idea on what the second lifter pro (the straight, shorter one) is used for?
View attachment 586006
All the product shots I've seen online only show the longer one being used to take the lid off, but I haven't seen any pictures of the short one in use.

here you go :giggle:
5MqvaA.jpg

mX0aB5.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
Would you say that handle is secure enough to toss food in the skillet like so:

The handle doesn't lock but relies on gravity to stay attached to the skillet. Whilst not impossible I would say you would need Popeye forearms and great technique to do this type of wok action with a cast iron skillet. Better to use a wok :D

Last edited:

WestWorld

Snow Peak did a “camp at home” event for anyone who wanted to participate over the Memorial Day holiday. So I decided to pull out some of my gear. This was my first time setup of the Hexa Evo Pro tarp. Very easy process, I did it myself. I also have the Tabiki Tarp Hexa Inner Roof which enables you to set a fire pit under the tarp. It came in handy during a rainy Saturday. The fabric feels like a heavy cotton. According to the SP website it’s made of aramid, a fire resistant fabric used to make fire fighting suits. It handled the camp fire fine. 3502F156-42FF-4997-B3F1-0BC077B0D106.jpeg92C8CF66-E2B5-4804-93C7-EBD9A4C143BD.jpeg63F026B7-B851-4C30-8EF2-47E08BF511B6.jpeg80CA3251-3DD5-4139-B078-87CEB95C6F68.jpeg1F4F7063-C8CD-4F4B-88C7-40C4E35752CC.jpeg95A85380-EF09-4255-AA8D-3366DA974EE6.jpeg369E7DCA-6FAE-44D4-BBB3-6678B2F5CB74.jpeg

DesertSand05

Observer
With all the discontinued IGT items out there I was wondering if any third parties are filling in the gaps for items like the steel side table ck-127 or the wind screens.

As an example I noticed Drifta sells a wind screen for the double BBQ grill, at first it seemed kind of silly, but then it seemed genius. It seems to fit a 2 Unit IGT, so why couldn't you use it to go over the double burners or even a single burner and an insert? Size wise it seems like its would give better wind protection.

they also had some adjustable legs that replace what snow peak discontinued a while ago.

I really would like to pick up something that would function like the CK-127 steel side tables...

jtosbo00

Observer
Snow Peak did a “camp at home” event for anyone who wanted to participate over the Memorial Day holiday. So I decided to pull out some of my gear. This was my first time setup of the Hexa Evo Pro tarp. Very easy process, I did it myself. I also have the Tabiki Tarp Hexa Inner Roof which enables you to set a fire pit under the tarp. It came in handy during a rainy Saturday. The fabric feels like a heavy cotton. According to the SP website it’s made of aramid, a fire resistant fabric used to make fire fighting suits. It handled the camp fire fine.
View attachment 588892View attachment 588896View attachment 588897
I have the Hexa Pro Tarp as well. Was thinking about getting the Inner Roof but wanted to see real-life photos of it in use as well as some reviews. Those are pretty much non-existent. Could you post photos of the actual Inner Roof in place? I am curious to how it is put together along with the Hexa Pro Tarp.

WestWorld

I have the Hexa Pro Tarp as well. Was thinking about getting the Inner Roof but wanted to see real-life photos of it in use as well as some reviews. Those are pretty much non-existent. Could you post photos of the actual Inner Roof in place? I am curious to how it is put together along with the Hexa Pro Tarp.
The only photo I have that shows the inner roof is the night shot in my previous post. It shows the tarp with the inner roof and the fire pit underneath. I didn't take many pics of the inner roof because it was pretty nondescript, and I've since taken down the tarp. The inner roof is grey in color and blends in with the Evo Pro tarp to create a seem less roof line. I attached the manual so you can see the setup instructions. My Evo Pro tarp was already setup so I just had to add on the straps to the poles and then connect the inner roof to the straps (see manual). Tighten up the straps and then attach the sides which use bungee cords. The Evo Pro tarp comes with two 3 meter cords to secure the sides of the tarp, one for each side. I like the sides of the tarp raised up for easier entry, so I use 180 cm tarp poles to raise the sides. The manual recommends if raising the sides of the tarp, to secure the side tarp poles with two tie down straps. Normally I would use one strap to secure the tarp pole on the side, but in a wind the pole does move around. Since I putting a fire pit under the tarp I wanted everything secure in case the wind picks up. The first pic in my previous post shows the side tied down with one cord. I didn't have the inner tarp setup in that pic. In the last pic, I have two cords securing the side tarp pole. After I had it all setup, the Evo Pro tarp with the Inner Roof was very secure. It held up fine during a windy and rainy afternoon. I attached a photo I found online on securing the tarp to the poles to prevent it from blowing off the poles in windy weather. I did that to the main poles but not the side poles -- next time!

My impressions are it works as advertised. I had a couple camp fires under the tarp, one night it rained so that was pretty nice to sit outside by the fire and still be protected from the rain. The fabric feels like a heavy cotton material, not stiff like a canvas. It looks like it will hold up well. I wasn't concerned about it igniting The manual shows pictures (I don't ready Japanese) that says to just put one fire pit under the inner roof, not two. I lit a charcoal chimney sitting on the fire pit under the tarp. Heat wise it was fine but the charcoal smoke didn't blow away as quickly when it was starting up. The Evo Pro tarp is expensive. The Inner Roof is priced fairly reasonable considering it's Snow Peak, and it enables you to use the tarp and have a camp fire even in inclement weather. I'm very happy with the purchase. Next time I setup the tarp I'll take more pics.
IMG_1849.PNG

Attachments

• TP-250IR.pdf
    912.8 KB · Views: 19

ahjushi

I really would like to pick up something that would function like the CK-127 steel side tables...

Technically you could get the half unit SS boxes (CK-025) and the hanger for it (CK-020). With the lid on it serves the same function, plus added storage underneath so in a lot of ways it's superior to the CK-127.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz