Snow Peak Addiction

motoz

Adventurer
Just putting it out there.

Does anyone have a Gigapower Stove Windscreen they no longer want?

They aren’t available for sale here in Australia, nor are any of the SP stoves themselves for that matter.

All the US sites want about $40 postage for a $10 item. Amazon and eBay are even higher

If someone has one or would be willing to post one, they only weigh 1.5oz , send me a PM and we’ll go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtosbo00

Observer
Good news for those in the USA:

“With the establishment of this subsidiary, we are accelerating measures such as opening new stores directly, opening up campgrounds, expanding our product lineup, user events and other initiatives, and rich camping style Snow Peak advocated for outdoor people in the US We will expand the proposal. In addition, we will promote a wide range of products and service development with the view to offering services of Grand Ping and camping offices that are developing in Japan. Snowpeak will continue to aim to realize a social mission of not only domestic but also global perspective, "aiming for recovery of humanity by connecting nature with people and connecting people with people".”

https://www.snowpeak.co.jp/news/p20181213-1/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jtosbo00

Observer
Lots of new gear for 2019. Too many to list here. I’m particularly interested in the kitchen gear and armrests for the couch.

https://www.snowpeak.co.jp/styles/new_products_2019/
visual_08.jpg

If you happen to be in Japan, nine of the new items are hitting the stores/online on the 22nd.

https://ec.snowpeak.co.jp/snowpeak/ja/search/?text=12/22

OR

Try Amazon.co.jp. Like the couch armrest:
http://amzn.asia/d/8KrbF3i

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
Good news for those in the USA:

“With the establishment of this subsidiary, we are accelerating measures such as opening new stores directly, opening up campgrounds, expanding our product lineup, user events and other initiatives, and rich camping style Snow Peak advocated for outdoor people in the US We will expand the proposal. In addition, we will promote a wide range of products and service development with the view to offering services of Grand Ping and camping offices that are developing in Japan. Snowpeak will continue to aim to realize a social mission of not only domestic but also global perspective, "aiming for recovery of humanity by connecting nature with people and connecting people with people".”

Who is Grand Ping, and what services can He provide?

jtosbo00

Observer
Just ordered a IGT Slim. Looking forward to them teak panels but can someone who have used wooden units alongside a burner/bbq comment on whether the heat from the burner/bbq would scar the wood?

I have one and I would be okay just using gas stoves/grills. I have not seen any scarring or coloration from the slats that sit close to the heat.

I would not use the BBQ grill. Just one hot charcoal will leave a deep burn in soft wood.

telwyn

Adventurer
Anyone know if the IGT fits this Front Runner under rack table mount for the Front Runner Slim Line racks? I have the rack and I have the Snowpeak tables. Wondering if this mount is compatible for them used together?

Front Runner table mount

SanJoe

Anyone know if the IGT fits this Front Runner under rack table mount for the Front Runner Slim Line racks? I have the rack and I have the Snowpeak tables. Wondering if this mount is compatible for them used together?

Front Runner table mount
I have a set of them on my front runner and they are just a little too small (height) for the IGT frames. I was trying the same thing on mine. I was thinking of modifying them by adding a spacer, just haven't done it.. I can take some photos if you want to see the rack mounts against the IGT to see the small difference.

jtosbo00

Observer
Just received my IGT Slim, happy with it in general as a lifestyle indoor piece with occasional outdoor use. Good weight, very solid, and just the right size for a coffee table.

However, I have to say I am disappointed for the price I paid that it was made in China. The quality of the teak paneling is good, but not amazing; the medium grain and light finish on the wood could be improved. The screw holes on the two ends of the table have small splinters, which strikes me as sloppy for a premium product like this. The black paint on the legs scratched with deploying the legs for the first time. Overall, I intend to keep it, but these points could be turnoffs for others here.

The Slim Table is exactly how SP intended it to be used (mostly small urban dwellings and occasional outdoor use). I have to agree that the quality of work on the legs and slats could have been better. I would even say that perhaps they should have put the legs in stainless steel and left it as-is. The slats could have been made to look more in line with the price tag. These “flaws” were pointed out in a post several pages back.

jtosbo00

Observer
SP is releasing a few more products on Dec. 29th. I see the Takibi tarp would be a great addition for those with the Fire Grill set. Like always, it is pricey. I personally don’t have the Fire Grill and unfortunately, according to its manual, it is not recommended for IGT table setups (heat too close to ceiling).

Curious if those of you with Fire Grill will grab the Takibi? I’m also curious if the recommendation is a bit conservative.

0d73733d3f77a04d0f5a7a1f56643762.jpg

P.S. I saw these new products at L’Breath store in Shinjuku (salesperson was quick to let me know they were not for sale until the on-sale date).

Last edited:

jtosbo00

Observer
Is the canvas material the same between the regular and luxury chairs? With the regular chair, is the back high enough for head support when leaning back?

Both are canvas but the luxury seems to have a higher density but there’s nothing written on both the regular & luxury’s product tag to confirm this. Maybe somebody here knows if this is the case.

The low chair 30 has a taller back but for an adult, still only comes up to the shoulder/neck area. The luxury chair’s back is shorter.

Photo of the regular of chair in use.

LV-091BR_function2_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles