Snow Peak Addiction

SanJoe

Is the CK-070 replacing the CK-160 double bbq box? I brought the oven in hopes of using it with the double bbq box like i saw in a Drfta video. But it seems to be sold out and one website said discontinued by manufacturer.

Advantages of new 'lounge' bbq is the lid for transport and also looks to be a double unit. But it does not have the height adjustment of the double bbq box. Also doesnt appear to be available in states yet but is definitely less expensive.

Thoughts?

I think the CK-070 is a custom for the Lounge setup. I ordered one of them and its on the way. Expected end of month. After reading the documentation for the lounge, it appears Snowpeak is advising that you create the fire out side of the lounge and once the charcoal turns to white to bring it into the lounge to use the BBQ. Kind of specialized. The normal BBQ seems more easy to use like a traditional BBQ. I will post photos of both and review when the new 070 arrives here.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I’m fairly naive when it comes to snow peak so forgive me. For whatever reason, I’ve always wanted one of their double wall titanium mugs. Do I need a titanium mug? Absolutely not. But I still want one. I’m having trouble pulling the trigger though. Are they worth the cost? I want something that I can use at home, work, and out camping. Compared to a yeti style mug or a toaks does it perform better to justify the cost?

I have a double-wall Ti SP mug, and it's a nice mug in the sense that you don't need to worry about rust, or breaking it...but I noticed that if you fill it with very hot coffee and let it sit for a while it will certainly burn your lips when you drink from it. Had assumed that an insulated mug would prevent that.

motoz

Adventurer
I’ll just leave this here...

1fb65d26367cca96647c8be3d20191f9.jpg

Updates to follow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spikemd

Explorer
Has anyone recently got a set of straps from @Yuman Desert Rat? I’d really like to get a set for my new addition.

I may be looking for a set too. Can the straps hold legs in the open space inside an empty IGT for storage?

Trying to plan my build-out. Thinking of standing the IGT 4 and side table on their side and build a carpeted space one inch wide to slide them into. A drawer or silding platform to store the burners in cases, double bbq box and oven. Will need area for charcoal and other tools. Plan to store utensils and cookware in front runner gullwing doors on one side and recovery gear in the other gullwing. All this will be in a Defender 110. It is 48 inches deep in the back. It will have 2 roof top tents and a 75 quart fridge in the back. Finishing up drivetrain build before working on interior.

motoz

Adventurer
I’ll keep adding some food into all this tech talk. It is the ‘Overland Chef’ sub forum after all...

We went for an overnight camp the other week and decided to capture some images.

These are some of my favourite pics from the night and following morning.

I cooked the Lamb over Coals using the SP pile driver lantern pole.

b6f68f5d4a0b56cf89eb22b30e49724c.jpg

52119f788bdd566802274055514c1a0f.jpg

6d50f9cdb3b2b32590bad524e11357ec.jpg

06ade68dd14be4502479248bc2d535b9.jpg

7c58f1e6198b8b2ad85099d65aa0ff52.jpg

e8ce5cd8edd75c4e9f67ac8e375d0718.jpg

Breakfast the following day was Sausage, Pepperonata, Olive, Bocconcini, Egg and Basil with Garlic Ciabatta...

a693509cf1cb5a6b16ea60d436a7b252.jpg

3674f0aaebed5f7a171dc37771ad6b99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spikemd

Explorer
Wow. Serious open fire cooking. Problem with West coast is that open fires are not allowed almost anywhere, even charcoal can be a problem. But I really want to cook more with charcoal. I've been spoiled with propane and the convenience. My Weber Q 1000 is predictable and cooks a mean steak.

motoz

Adventurer
Wow. Serious open fire cooking. Problem with West coast is that open fires are not allowed almost anywhere, even charcoal can be a problem. But I really want to cook more with charcoal. I've been spoiled with propane and the convenience. My Weber Q 1000 is predictable and cooks a mean steak.

Hey thanks mate.
We're moving into our fire ban season now. In South Australia it runs from 30th of November till 30th of April. It pretty much bans solid fuel fires, we can use gas for cooking except on days of total fire ban.

It was good to get this trip in before the restrictions came into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior