Snow Peak Addiction

dcg141

Adventurer
I use the G-Works propane adapter and it works with my stove. Actually I get a cleaner blue flame than I do with a butane can. https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-camping-Propane-Lindal-Output/dp/B00U776PXM/ref=pd_bxgy_229_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00U776PXM&pd_rd_r=QTRMDBVRPFV38W2XBCJH&pd_rd_w=zA7ZP&pd_rd_wg=p5eiA&psc=1&refRID=QTRMDBVRPFV38W2XBCJH&dpID=512vG8WCTdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail
Once you adapt to the disposable propane fitting then you can connect to bulk tanks and quick connect fittings.

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Friend has one. I believe Campsaver had the Futon on clearance for just under $500 this past Black Friday/Xmas timeframe.
Rjp2elF.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
Using a cheap IKEA bamboo chopping board within a IGT frame

Ha! I use those too...

Last summer I made an insert to fit an IKEA tub we had kicking around, so I could use it as a small washtub. The tub had it's own lid, so I screwed another small cutting board to it's top, to use as a cutting surface. Works great, and the IKEA boards are pretty cheap to play with. My wife picked up a few more last time she was there. Not the greatest cutting, but for 15 minutes effort, it served as a nice proof-of-concept; good enough that I haven't bothered to make it better.

I have one of the hanging shelf units now, so the sink module can go below when I'm not using it...

I have some other ideas for IGT add-ons; one is pretty elaborate. Anybody else care to share theirs?

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
On the topic of 1 lb bottles and adapters...

If one is choosing between the Kovea and the G-WORKS 1 lb bottle adapter for their GS-220, they both seem to perform equally well. The Kovea has an adjustable needle valve for pressure control, but I've not seen where it's needed. The Kovea is also slightly heavier and taller, and where this makes a bit of a difference is on what bottles you use it.

On a standard 1 lb bottle, both adapters allow the bottle to hang properly from the bottom of the stove. However, when I use the Kovea with my taller refillable Flame King cylinders, the bottle actually is somewhat supporting the weight of the stove. The shorter G-WORKS adapter still allows the taller bottle to hang. Not a deal breaker...

Interestingly, when using an Isopro bottle on the -220, the bottle top actually contacts the front frame rail just prior to fully seating on the Lindal valve, pushing the valve ever so slightly off kilter. It doesn't leak, but it sure looks like an engineering oversight on SP's part...

Riptide

Explorer
At the risk of opening a can of worms Riptide, would you elaborate on which two burner stoves you think may be better? I'm not completely committed to sticking with the SP (picked it up this week via Backcountry on sale) just yet. I've also considered the recently released Primus Tupike as well which comes in at about 2/3 the weight (9.1 lbs) with burners ~10K BTU. One of the reasons I favored the Tupike is that it feeds off of one propane canister as opposed to the two required by the SP. And I would guess the Partner stove would also be a contender.

Mainly 'cuz I have lots of idle time on my hands today while recovering from surgery, I offer what is only my opinion:

The SP stove is a beautifully crafted stove, made of lots of fitted parts. And it works very, very well. But I would offer that it's probably nowhere near as rugged as a Partner Steel stove, which is simplicity in itself. The knobs are protected, there's no loose parts, and can probably fall off a truck with minimal damage. My SP on the other hand? It lives in a fitted canvas case, and takes a bit of assembly.

But, I have invested biggly in the IGT system, and the SP is tailor-made for it. Plus I bought mine used. But I would be lying if I said I didn't admire the bomb-proof Partner.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I really like your sink fix Riptide. I'm totally going to build a similar insert for my IGT and plan to use one of the new collapsible sink/buckets.

Since I have a couple of Partner steel stoves I can provide a little comparison for you guys once my GS-220 shows up (and I've had some time to play with it).

motoz

Adventurer
I really like your sink fix Riptide. I'm totally going to build a similar insert for my IGT and plan to use one of the new collapsible sink/buckets.

I came across this image on drifta's IG page.

e031aa1ac484464a470b54e4fce43201.jpg

Just using a pump hand tap into a can. They have drilled a. Hole through the IGT frame for the tap though you could use a cutting board as an infill for both the bucket and tap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riptide

Explorer
I toyed with the idea of using one of the SS boxes for a sink as well. I opted not to for a couple of reasons. One is that the box isn't sealed at the corners, although that would be an easy fix with some sealant. Another is that the uninsulated box would quickly give up all the heat from any hot water that I put in there. And last is that I really just wanted a small tub to contain a bit of hot soapy water, and the little bit I can heat up in my kettle would be lost in the SS box...

Nonetheless, that's a nice setup from Drifta. I have some of those wire racks too. Might have to bring one along next time...

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
metal chafing dish on the stove :) heat up when needed etc.. the left over heat of the bars from heating it up on the partner tends to keep it warm long enough to do dishes etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94