Snow Peak Addiction

harbinger808

Adventurer
This is a very interesting thread, lots of great info.............I ordered some SP items and can't wait to receive them all and use them camping.

-Multi-purpose cook set, ordered from Portland arrived today.
-medium chop board knife set, ordered from Drifta Australia
-duo table ware set, ordered from Drifta Australia
-SP Hammer and tent stakes, ordered from Drifta Australia

I have all those and you are going to enjoy using them a lot!

Lennart

Adventurer
Here's an item that's not on the SP site: https://www.rei.com/product/109565/snow-peak-chiri-tori-pot

What exactly is this? Does it drop in to a fireplace bridge? Anybody have one and use it?

I have that pot and use it either with the fireplace stand alone or in the middle of the Jikaro table. It drops into the bridge like you said.
The pot is made for the traditional 'dust pan' dishes. Meat, vegetables and broth. Not easy to make it look as pretty as the Japanese do ☺️

YwIsTs.jpg

Small Dog

Hello Snow Peak Addicts

I am so impressed with the level of insight on this forum; I am hoping people here can help me get a solution.

I have an IGT 4 with two Baja burners and a Snow Peak folding cutting board with the knife. I also have that beautiful kettle, but that has nothing to do with this post, just want to give a shout out. I am not a fan of the cutting board. While I like bamboo ok, I prefer walnut. Also, the knife does not seem to be of good quality, at least not with the same level the kettle, and it keeps dropping out of the magnet holder. I will probably sell it or something. I ideally I want a stainless steel insert with storage underneath. I know Snow Peak makes one, but I can't seem to find it buy. Does anyone know of a 3rd party item that could fit in two sections of the IGT that would be stainless steel, with storage below?

My goal is to get an extension table, either build one or have one fabricated. I would like to make it with a drip edge, slot in which to store two knives, but I don't think I can buy the Snow Peak leg sockets separately. I am also curious if anyone has figured out a clever way to do a right angle extension table with only two support legs at the end. This is to say only using six support legs total for the IGT4 and the extension table.

To recap:

Stainless Steel insert (ideally that has storage) - that takes up two slots, to go with my 2 Baja Burners
Extension table solutions other than the Bamboo Snow Peak

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Hello Snow Peak Addicts

I am so impressed with the level of insight on this forum; I am hoping people here can help me get a solution.

I have an IGT 4 with two Baja burners and a Snow Peak folding cutting board with the knife. I also have that beautiful kettle, but that has nothing to do with this post, just want to give a shout out. I am not a fan of the cutting board. While I like bamboo ok, I prefer walnut. Also, the knife does not seem to be of good quality, at least not with the same level the kettle, and it keeps dropping out of the magnet holder. I will probably sell it or something. I ideally I want a stainless steel insert with storage underneath. I know Snow Peak makes one, but I can't seem to find it buy. Does anyone know of a 3rd party item that could fit in two sections of the IGT that would be stainless steel, with storage below?

My goal is to get an extension table, either build one or have one fabricated. I would like to make it with a drip edge, slot in which to store two knives, but I don't think I can buy the Snow Peak leg sockets separately. I am also curious if anyone has figured out a clever way to do a right angle extension table with only two support legs at the end. This is to say only using six support legs total for the IGT4 and the extension table.

To recap:

Stainless Steel insert (ideally that has storage) - that takes up two slots, to go with my 2 Baja Burners
Extension table solutions other than the Bamboo Snow Peak

I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Expedition Exchange has the SS storage boxes. WRT the knife, maybe a stronger Magnet? I haven't had any issues with mine.
I absolutely LOVE the kettle. I can't believe that it doesn't come with a storage bag?

Lennart

Adventurer
I too have some reservations on the SP cutting board. I have another brand thick bamboo board that fits the IGT

As for the right angle extention table with only six legs. Perhaps I don't understand exactly what you want but it would seem to me you can use the IGT connectors that come with the extension table. So the extension table would be at the long end of the IGT.

Lennart

Adventurer
The corner is meant to be used with its own legs. So you have a nice corner setup but you need 8 legs. I have used 7 but never just 6 for the corner and extension table

Lennart

Adventurer
Beautiful winter evening, so why not make something nice on the Fireplace.

Mis en place
FlGFDM.jpg

And let's start building :chef:
82l25K.jpg

VTT31I.jpg

lcXoKt.jpg

And on to the Fireplace !
vZOykR.jpg

navSzk.jpg

We (my wife and I) finished it all . I may have slightly overeaten......burp :sombrero:

Eet smakelijk

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Beautiful winter evening, so why not make something nice on the Fireplace.

Mis en place
FlGFDM.jpg

And let's start building :chef:
82l25K.jpg

VTT31I.jpg

lcXoKt.jpg

And on to the Fireplace !
vZOykR.jpg

navSzk.jpg

We (my wife and I) finished it all . I may have slightly overeaten......burp :sombrero:

Eet smakelijk

That looks MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!!

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Expedition Exchange has the SS storage boxes. WRT the knife, maybe a stronger Magnet? I haven't had any issues with mine.
I absolutely LOVE the kettle. I can't believe that it doesn't come with a storage bag?

Maybe you can fix the kettle bag problem! This was my comment about the drifta to you in pm.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
The corner is meant to be used with its own legs. So you have a nice corner setup but you need 8 legs. I have used 7 but never just 6 for the corner and extension table

I've done just six with the IGT, corner and short bamboo table. You just have to be a bit careful of the weight placed on the outer edge of the corner. Been trying to figure a way to thread the hooks so I could use a threaded cap to hold the edge in place like the dual link clips do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior