Snow Peak 450 double walled titanium mug.

Superu

Explorer
Had anyone told me a year ago that I'd spend $45 for a 14oz coffee mug, I'd have thought they were nuts and probably told them so! :)

However, after several weeks with my new Snow Peak 450 Double-Wall titanium mug I can honestly say this was money well spent and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

SNO0034.jpg

This mug is obviously ultralight. The double walled construction performs exactly as I'd expected it to by helping to keep hot coffee HOT for close to an hour with the optional sipping lid on it. :coffee: It fits perfectly in my cupholders, has a nice flat bottom that allows me to set it on a camp stove and has a side benefit that I find myself using most every night. It keeps beer COLD as well as it keeps my coffee hot! :ylsmoke:

I've used the Snow Peak titanium sporks for years and have never been let down so I expected this to be a good mug. Just didn't expect to like it as much as I do.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Glad you like it.

Could you help me understand this benefit?
has a nice flat bottom that allows me to set it on a camp stove

Does this just make it convenient when filling it with coffee?

Also, do you find the lid a bit difficult to attach/ detach? When looking at it a few months ago, it seemed a bit difficult to attach the lid...not something desirable while it contains hot coffee. I'm wondering if that just happend to be the one I was looking at.

Last edited:

Reata Rover

Adventurer
I have found the Snow Peak mug outstanding as well. However, I have not yet analyzed the actual flatness of the bottom...wondering if it is flat or superflat?

I do know this, it definitely keeps coffee hot even without the lid. Plus, it looks cool with the fold-away handle and the mesh bag it comes with. It is pricey, but goshdarnit the thing works. As long as it is not lost, it will be one of those life-long purchases.

Superu

Explorer
Glad you like it.

Could you help me understand this benefit?

Does this just make it convenient when filling it with coffee?

Also, do you find the lid a bit difficult to attach/ detach? When looking at it a few months ago, it seemed a bit difficult to attach the lid...not something desirable while it contains hot coffee. I'm wondering if that just happend to be the one I was looking at.

Guess I should've been more specific on the stove point. I have a small titanium wing stove that a mate of mine in the UK sent me and the uniformly flat bottom of the mug makes it a very stable cup to use for a quick boil on the little fuel tab stove. I'm guessing you can get them here as well, just haven't seen them.

I've had no trouble with the lid as it fits snugly but removes easily enough without binding.

TroutBear

Just to heap on more deserving praise to these cups - even better, IMHO, is the no handle 300 version - just right size and the double wall negates the need for the handle. Never seen one in a store, only the 450s. First picked up one for our son in Scouts, now everyone in the family has one. My daily at the office coffee cup - keeps it hot and serves as a nice reminder....

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I'm a titanium nut, but I just can't get past the price tag. It's super light, but does it really have stronger insulating properties then a $10 double walled stainless steel mug?

Funny, because I'm usually willing to drop cash on items like this...

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior