Snow chains for 35"ers?

Ruffin' It

Explorer
Does anyone have any recomendations for snow chains for a 315/75/16???? It doesn't look like RUD even makes them.

Fish

Adventurer
I had a chain shop cut down some RV chains for the 315's on my Ford. Just looked for the right width and cut the length down to size.

skysix

Adventurer
Rudd chains

Does anyone have any recomendations for snow chains for a 315/75/16???? It doesn't look like RUD even makes them.

supergreifsteg.jpg

This size MIGHT work - designed for a tire that is 36" dia and 12" wide...(vs 35 x 12.5)

http://tirechaindealer.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_48&products_id=220

Another possibility is designed for a 35" dia by 11.2" wide tire ... but with the chain pattern even though the designed wear area is narrower it should still be OK

http://tirechaindealer.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_48&products_id=202

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
So do you chain all 4 tires or only front or only rear?? on a 4wd of course

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Lance, if you can chain all four, that's obviously the best. If you don't want to do four, the front is optimal - it gives you steering control. In my case, I'll be chaining only the rear due to clearance problems on the front control arms. Even that will be dicey. There will be contact on inner fender liners at full stuff on the PW, but if I need chains, I need chains...

zjsheller

Observer
the rule ive used in the past is if you are pushing the snow. ie: snow below the front bumper/frame, put them on the rear. if you are pulling, ie: snow above the bumper/frame, putting on the front seems best for me. all four is the best choice.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
My vote....

Save the chains for ice. If your in deep snow air down.

Rud does make there the '4x4 grip' chains for up to 33x12.5 tires. They make there normal 'grip' chains into the unimog tire sizes but they get very expensive. They are the nicest chain system I have seen however. they go on SLICK!

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I found a set on craigslist for my 315's. I think the PO got them from les schwaabs.He had bough them for his tahoe on 35's. Finding chains for 315's used is tough. I watched craigslist for a few months before finding mine.
I'll check tomorrow when my truck is here on the brand.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
You guys are making things way too complicated with these fancy/expensive chains.

Just make your own chains. Much cheaper, and very easy to do. Plus, it gives you the option of using some GOOD chain material, not the typical very light duty chain that is commonly used for pre-fab chains. :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94