snorkle

Safari snorkels and original Mercedes snorkels for millitary editions.
Various no-name products that does the job.

http://www.extrem-motorsport.de/fahrzeugbezogen/mercedes/mercedes-g-engl.html

I have the original Mercedes version, the short one typically refered to as Canadian army model.
It works as it is designed to (well... it's a bent plastic tube) but should I do it again, I would buy one with the intake in line or slightly higher than the roof.
When I drive with the passenger side window open, I get a bit of engine growling and sucking noise from the inlet.
That was a unwanted side effect.

Crookthumb

Adventurer
It works as it is designed to (well... it's a bent plastic tube) but should I do it again, I would buy one with the intake in line or slightly higher than the roof.
When I drive with the passenger side window open, I get a bit of engine growling and sucking noise from the inlet.
That was a unwanted side effect.

I have the Mantec raised air intake on my LR Discovery and it has the same noise, and it is located at the roofline. I think most will do this, I am not sure on the mushroom/pre-filter style ones though. That is if that is the reason why you would get one with the intake raised higher.

39Ronin

Adventurer
I have the Mantec raised air intake on my LR Discovery and it has the same noise, and it is located at the roofline. I think most will do this, I am not sure on the mushroom/pre-filter style ones though. That is if that is the reason why you would get one with the intake raised higher.

Ahh OK. So it sounds like the increased engine noise comes with adding any snorkel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles