SnoMaster L96

plpoindexter

Thinking of getting the SnoMaster L96 Low Profile and have a few questions.
1. Does anyone have the L96 and have it installed on a camper trailer? If so which one does it fit on? (I am looking at the low profile so it will also fit under my tonneau cover)
2. How does it hold up in temps over 100 as it has the same size compressor as the smaller SnoMasters? I know there are a lot of variables but genuinely speaking.
Any additional comments welcomed and thanks for any and all input.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Thinking of getting the SnoMaster L96 Low Profile and have a few questions.
1. Does anyone have the L96 and have it installed on a camper trailer? If so which one does it fit on? (I am looking at the low profile so it will also fit under my tonneau cover)
2. How does it hold up in temps over 100 as it has the same size compressor as the smaller SnoMasters? I know there are a lot of variables but genuinely speaking.
Any additional comments welcomed and thanks for any and all input.
I've owned the 95L Snomaster and I took it back due to the power draw and I bought the 35L Snomaster, All the snomasters hold their Temps really well, but they are no good on power and if you plug them in to AC power they will only run on the High Power mode where your 95L/96L will chew as much power as a full size Domestic fridge freezer, The Low and Medium Power settings only work while it is running on DC

My 35L Snomaster chews a bit more power than my 47L ARB and chews more than my 78L/82Qt ARB, The 95L I saw peak out at 119w while running on a Deep cycle battery so much so I had to hook up my 35/310A Battery Charger in order for the battery to keep up, My 35L Snomaster can chew 98w+ while it is running while my 2 ARB's will chew between 50 to 78w while running. My ARB 47L/50Qt is set to -18*c and it's peak wattage was only 66.2 on startup and running it is chewing around 53w, when set to the lowest it can go where my little 35L Snomaster chews around 98w while running and peaks out at over 100w+.

Another thing that is a worry and is really anoying is that the Compressor Rattles as you drive down the road and if you hit a pothole it really makes a banging/Clunk sound because they have not shock proofed the Compressor motor, This does not happen with other brands, Such as my 2 ARB's.

The two best things about Snomasters is their temperature is very stable where they can remain between 1.0 to 0.1*c which is as perfect as any fridge can be where most of the time their Temps stay within 0.4 to 0.1*c,

The other really great thing about them is they are so quiet that you can sleep next to them and you won't hear it within a couple of feet from your head. And they cool down fast.

Although the Snomasters have some good points they really need to fix the issues I have mentioned then they would be good but at the moment there are much better fridges on the market, I own 4 fridges and with the Snomaster every time I look at it I just wish they had tried harder, It's because they could of been a market leader,

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Zybane

I was looking into this model till I found out they moved all production to China and also having a Chinese compressor. No thanks, especially for that price.

danielsk

Definitely not worth it! The price is way too high. I better invest that amount of cash in my the help with my studies instead. Found these guys https://academized.com/ couple of weeks ago and really looking forward to work with them longterm. My life just became so much easier now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles