SnoMaster Fridge/Freezer Review

grogie

Like to Camp
^I couldn't tell you. Honestly I'm still learning about power management and I need to do more testing for different conditions. So far as I earlier said, an initial test with the Bluetop group 34 battery, it went to 11.4v after 25 hours with the fridge mostly empty and kept at 32 degrees. There was a really hot day where my Jeep sat in a parking lot for 10 hours and the battery looked like it had more of a drain of course. I'm curious at things such as going up to 40 degrees, and even inserting a frozen bottle of water, and other things, to extend battery life?

The Bluetop seems to charge up pretty fast when my Jeep is running (but again I need to test that), and mostly the fridge will be running off of the battery overnight. I could go to a larger battery, however with a Jeep TJ, I'm always out to limit weight, and so far I think with the right power management that I can stick to the Bluetop for now, but time will tell... :)

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I just won a 42 liter snowmaster in a raffle at 100s in the hills. I'm super excited to have a fridge and am glad to read the good reviews. Now I'm working on tie downs and perhaps a slide for it.

Xterabl

Adventurer
8+ years ago, Edgestar was the first to use a knock-off Danfoss compressor and make on-the-go refrigeration affordable for the masses...God bless them for that since I am 7 years STRONG with my original 43 qt open box unit ($299 thank you very much foolios!).
All y'all others are just knock-offs of the original knock-off, and don't kid yourselves otherwise.
We respect you for what you are...but please stay humble and in your place and never forgot that you are not the original knock-off, LOL.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Hi Guys, just to make it official, Whynter and Edgstar are copying Snomaster Stuff, and apparently now labeling it that way.

What does that mean? They have a label that says, "Copied From Snomaster" or what?

Atourgates

Just a heads up that while the Expedition Series 66D is currently OOS from Snomaster USA, you can save 10% and get free shipping if you email and commit to a unit in their September shipment.

With the heat we're having so far in September in the PNW, I might still have a chance to try ours out before things cool off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles