Snap Outfitters Treehouse campers

brookie0907

Anyone have experience in one? There are not many posts and none that I can find as to ownership or use. I saw one at Expo East 2018 and I think talked to the founder. It seems familiar to other, but maybe a little less refined. They are available within a couple months, which is a plus and they will paint to match and make to the exact fit of your truck. I am considering one for a Jeep Gladiator around the first of 2020. Any feedback is appreciated.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
An interesting camper.

Please do share what you learn about these if that information doesn’t otherwise appear here on this thread.

shade

If you haven't seen it, Overland Journal recently reviewed several, including the Treehouse:

As the article suggests, each camper has its strengths & weaknesses. I have a GFC that has worked well for me.

brookie0907

If they were more readily available, I would likely chose the GFC. Having said that, I have trip plans for next year and will need something much sooner. Thx

shade

If they were more readily available, I would likely chose the GFC. Having said that, I have trip plans for next year and will need something much sooner. Thx
GFCs ordered now are shipping in 2021, so I can certainly understand.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Anyone have experience in one? There are not many posts and none that I can find as to ownership or use. I saw one at Expo East 2018 and I think talked to the founder. It seems familiar to other, but maybe a little less refined. They are available within a couple months, which is a plus and they will paint to match and make to the exact fit of your truck. I am considering one for a Jeep Gladiator around the first of 2020. Any feedback is appreciated.

I have posted a number of times about how much I love mine.....
After a year and a half now it has been great, I do wish I had gotten a lighter color vs black in the desert sun but my wife and I have really enjoyed using it.
Mine is the one featured in the Overland Journal article :) if you want to see pics.
My son is at a music festival till Tues but if you want any other pics after that let me know

They are a great company to work with and there are some suggestions I would make if you order one
1) Get the full rear door that replaces your tailgate, better dust sealing and ease of use
2) Don't bother with a drop door that becomes a table, we never use it
3) I don't have any side windows and that works for me, others seem to like them
4) Get a big side door vs 2 small ones, ease of access
5) Tell them not to bother with the mattress (almost no one gives you a good mattress, I have owned a ton of RTT and campers) and use the Exped MegaMat Dou, we really like ours and easier to store all your bedding.
6) and the MOST important depending on where you live.....I wish the tent windows were clear on the outside, then mesh then solid....that would be the best order of use I think

MuleShoer

Adventurer
I was at Snap ordering mine for the Brute when Lance was installing his. The full rear door is the way to go. Dust sealing with a shell on a pickup with tailgate is never 100% no matter what topper you use so it would get you very close. My side doors were one 10” and a large this was so i had acess to air and recovery equipment up front. I have never had any water leaks in the roof, also im 6’ and the sleep area is just fine, when i took the truck from Virginia to SEMA by way of Prescott Az i slept in it going and coming. I think the article is incorrect on bed being to short.
Since i removed it from the Brute i had a new new bottom shell built for the Tundra and will be attaching the RTT portion from the Snap this winter
Attached article with pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles