Smittybilt XRC vs AEV rear bumpers

Bowzer5

Daystar cans stack so you can have as many as you need. Good luck getting the last two gallons out of the AEV with a siphon.

Septu

Explorer
Daystar cans stack so you can have as many as you need. Good luck getting the last two gallons out of the AEV with a siphon.

Noted. But that still means packing 3+ cans to make up for those 8G. And unless my stock tire carrier was off of something like the Teraflex carrier, I wouldn't want to have 2+ cans stacked off my gate's stock hinges.

That said I'm still not sure if I can bring myself to buy the AEV bumper. Looks and pricepoint being the main two reasons why.

voodoojk

Adventurer
Honestly, I wish a company would just make a simple light rear bumper. Nothing fancy, it could even look mostly like the stock bumper. Improve the clearance at the corners slightly. Modify the clearance scallop in the middle to match a larger tire radius. Add some simple tow hook supports. Use the factory hitch. Add a step on each corner for getting at things on the roof. With the factory hitch and supporting crossmember you don't need a big thick heavy steel bumper in my opinion. Something like 1/8" aluminum would be just fine if designed properly, heck even a composite bumper would be more than enough most of the time. So what if you have to change the bumper out every 10 years if you get too many small dents or dings.....

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=RBB8220

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles