Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

SeanH

Putting anything other than doors on those hinges will be dicey they are not the best hinges I’ve ever seen you may change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm, I'm going to see the trailer today. Maybe I need to upgrade the hinges. Or rethink where I strap things like a hatchet, fire extinguisher and first aid kit.

Catalanbull

I thought I read in this thread that the logo bar is a structural component? Alright, good to know.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll reach out on the rear tire holder, ill just have to learn to drill into steel.
Yeah I was hesitant to completely remove the bars it so I moved them inside.

DeMar39

@ The Wolf 1...... I copied a pic from your post. It looks like you have the Dirtworx tire carrier. Is the jack leveling post in you picture part of the Dirtworx tire carrier/bumper or is that part of the stock Smittybilt Scout trailer. Thanks!SB Trailer Level.png

SeanH

How does everyone use awnings on their rig? Do you push in and out the awning adjustment bars everytime you want to set it up? I don't think I could open a rtt with the awning adjustment bars pushed in. I assume you can't drive with the awning adjustment bars pushed out, the awning would stick out too much. Has anyone found a replacement tube that is shorter? Or has anyone just cut the adjustment bars so they don't stick out towards the rtt?

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
How does everyone use awnings on their rig? Do you push in and out the awning adjustment bars everytime you want to set it up? I don't think I could open a rtt with the awning adjustment bars pushed in. I assume you can't drive with the awning adjustment bars pushed out, the awning would stick out too much. Has anyone found a replacement tube that is shorter? Or has anyone just cut the adjustment bars so they don't stick out towards the rtt?

I just cut mine

Be sure to put in the spring poles when your setting everything up before you cut so your fat enough away to let them do their job if your tent has them

SeanH

Does anyone know if Habitat Offroad is still shipping items? I ordered their drop down table 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. I tried calling them, but it looks the phone is disconnected. I emailed Ryan and send an email to sales with no response.

Catalanbull

I'm considering replacing the battery in the breakaway system for a 100 amp lithium battery that would go in the tongue box and would also serve as battery for camp lights, etc. If I match the current connections, will the battery get charged from the 7 pin wire and will the breakaway system still work, or do I need to do anything else to it?

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I'm considering replacing the battery in the breakaway system for a 100 amp lithium battery that would go in the tongue box and would also serve as battery for camp lights, etc. If I match the current connections, will the battery get charged from the 7 pin wire and will the breakaway system still work, or do I need to do anything else to it?

Get comfy with the world of lithium batteries and their needs. You would need a controller and it may surprise you how long it takes to charge with the tiny wire.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Saw a rumor that smitty is out of business? Has anyone else heard that?

NAVYDOCSUPERDUTY

Hey all, been reading a lot lately and waiting to reply till i caught up on whole thread. Bought my SB amd have added OVS 270 6K Awning, IKAMPER 3.0, SDG shower Tent and am awaiting the Dirtworx swing out tire carrier. I have alot done but am still undecided on hitch setup, lock n roll or max coupler.

Attachments

• 20230405_203800.jpg
    20230405_203800.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

Catalanbull

Hey all, been reading a lot lately and waiting to reply till i caught up on whole thread. Bought my SB amd have added OVS 270 6K Awning, IKAMPER 3.0, SDG shower Tent and am awaiting the Dirtworx swing out tire carrier. I have alot done but am still undecided on hitch setup, lock n roll or max coupler.
I love that box at the front. Do you have more details?
I put the Lock 'n Roll. I believe both are made in USA, can't go wrong with either. Most people in this thread use Max Coupler but I think the Lock 'n Roll is great as well. They have great customer support.

NAVYDOCSUPERDUTY

they are custom made in Colton Ca the name is FMB
I love that box at the front. Do you have more details?
I put the Lock 'n Roll. I believe both are made in USA, can't go wrong with either. Most people in this thread use Max Coupler but I think the Lock 'n Roll is great as well. They have great customer support.

they are custom made in Colton Ca the name is FMB

Attachments

• 20230405_203702.jpg
    20230405_203702.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230405_203706.jpg
    20230405_203706.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 53

ajmtrader

I am selling my 2019 Smittybilt Scout which has many upgrades. The trailer is located in Mooresville, NC which is about 20 miles north of Charlotte, NC. I am asking $16,000 OBO. You can contact me by email at ajmtrader@hotmail.com. View a short video of the trailer at this link:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94