Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

mfcoffroad

You have to drill the holes in the trailer, it’s very easy. I’m sure Robert will reply or call him. He was really responsive and helpful when working on mine.

if you go a few pages back in the forum you’ll find lots of pictures of how it installs.

I have been searching from page 150 on I can’t seem to find it do you know what page it is on

thardin68

Hello, Does anybody have the new version with the tongue connection at the trailer body? I received a new tongue for my V1 trailer after mine broke while on a trip. I have the Habitat water tank coming and it requires the brackets that the tongue connect to.

I'm about to purchase some steel to fab them up to weld to the trailer frame but wanting to get the thickness correct. Anybody have a minue to take a measurement for me?

I'm attaching a photo of what I need measurements on. I now have the tongue but no receiver brackets on the trailer.

Attachments

• habitat 1.jpg
    habitat 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44

Alvapozn

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this thread about 2 weeks ago and the amount of good info is amazing. I have gone through it twice, but I have a bunch of questions. I am about to pull the trigger but I want to make I have some answers as I still need to get buy in from my much better half :)

Scout trailer questions

Anybody have a Yakima exo swing base attached to the trailer? Any issues? have you used with the basket?

Any reason to switch tires to the same tires I have on my Toyota Sequoia (275/55R20)except that they will match aesthetically?

What is the consensus on best articulating receiver?

Habitat still in business? Thought on struts?

Alternatives to stock sink?

Does the Coleman 2 burner classic stove fit ?

Rear view camera?

What about the jockey wheel, I have heard conflicting reviews.

Awning weight issues, heard about the support bending. Is this still an issue. What is the best 270 awning? Or would it be better to go with a simple 180 degree awning?

Anybody have any experience mounting the Roofnest Condor XL RTT to the trailer? It weighs 160lbs and I have seen comments about sagging on other tents. Distance between RTT bars, would I need a 3rd one. My tent is 74 x 55 when folded.

Is there a way to lock the wheels so that is a lot more difficult to steal (tow it away)? Parking brake lock or boot?

and lastly any regrets? Anybody that thinks they could have gone a different route?

I know these are a lot of questions, thanks!

jojackc

Hello, Does anybody have the new version with the tongue connection at the trailer body? I received a new tongue for my V1 trailer after mine broke while on a trip. I have the Habitat water tank coming and it requires the brackets that the tongue connect to.

I'm about to purchase some steel to fab them up to weld to the trailer frame but wanting to get the thickness correct. Anybody have a minue to take a measurement for me?

I'm attaching a photo of what I need measurements on. I now have the tongue but no receiver brackets on the trailer.

Wondering did you have the added support brackets that where sent out for V1's and it still broke? Or did you never get a set of the support brackets? I always felt the better solution was for SB to send out new tongues to everyone.

jacobsmg139

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this thread about 2 weeks ago and the amount of good info is amazing. I have gone through it twice, but I have a bunch of questions. I am about to pull the trigger but I want to make I have some answers as I still need to get buy in from my much better half :)

Scout trailer questions

Anybody have a Yakima exo swing base attached to the trailer? Any issues? have you used with the basket?

Any reason to switch tires to the same tires I have on my Toyota Sequoia (275/55R20)except that they will match aesthetically?

What is the consensus on best articulating receiver?

Habitat still in business? Thought on struts?

Alternatives to stock sink?

Does the Coleman 2 burner classic stove fit ?

Rear view camera?

What about the jockey wheel, I have heard conflicting reviews.

Awning weight issues, heard about the support bending. Is this still an issue. What is the best 270 awning? Or would it be better to go with a simple 180 degree awning?

Anybody have any experience mounting the Roofnest Condor XL RTT to the trailer? It weighs 160lbs and I have seen comments about sagging on other tents. Distance between RTT bars, would I need a 3rd one. My tent is 74 x 55 when folded.

Is there a way to lock the wheels so that is a lot more difficult to steal (tow it away)? Parking brake lock or boot?

and lastly any regrets? Anybody that thinks they could have gone a different route?

I know these are a lot of questions, thanks!
Habitat is still in business. I bought a few things (not the struts) from them only a few weeks ago.

Billd

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the great info. I've been following the thread for a while and am getting close to purchasing.

I'm wondering if anyone has a current promo code?

Hi Guys,
I have not been checking on this tread but I'm glad it is still going. I did a lot of posting from pages 194 to 203 about my trailer so if you have any questions please go back and find my postings. I went camping last weekend to Laughing Nevada / Bullhead City Arizona and I wanted to share my trip with you guys. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will continued to check on you guys from time to time.20220923_174352.jpg20220924_091850.jpg20220924_130833.jpg20220924_131504.jpg20220924_172819.jpg20220924_232334.jpg20220925_135923.jpg20220925_144940.jpg20220925_172955.jpg20220923_174352.jpg20220924_091850.jpg20220924_130833.jpg20220924_131504.jpg20220924_172819.jpg20220924_232334.jpg20220925_135923.jpg20220925_144940.jpg20220925_172955.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles