Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

raindogadv

Hi, I have a Roam XL tent on my Scout, and yes the tent can move a bit, but I've never noticed it while in the tent. The only times I really noticed is when I stand next to the Scout and shake the whole setup :p

How was Ocotillo? Been there a few times and keep planning to go back.

we had 30 mph winds with up to 65mph gusts on new years eve lol but its all part of the adventure. my 16 year old son and i had a blast rented a side by side for the day and had a blast tearing around the desert for about 7 hours. its so vast out there even with thousands of people out there we were never crowded and often alone when driving. great place to practice some skills as well.

el jefè in CA

we had 30 mph winds with up to 65mph gusts on new years eve lol but its all part of the adventure. my 16 year old son and i had a blast rented a side by side for the day and had a blast tearing around the desert for about 7 hours. its so vast out there even with thousands of people out there we were never crowded and often alone when driving. great place to practice some skills as well.
That’s awesome! A buddy of mine was up there this past weekend as well with his Tundra and dirt bikes.

robepa

@Catalanbull I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the RC industries boxes, thanks for pioneering these and sharing! It looks like the depth is not sufficient for the door to drop straight down with the chains disconnected. Would the hinge design allow this if the boxes were deeper and how much deeper would you estimate they need to be? Thanks!

dkpnw

Thanks The Wolf 1 for reminding and urging about those trailer boxes.

The first mod I did and I recommend this you do is to install the tongue boxes from harbor freight, they truly change the look and feel of the trailer. Here is the link to them....Happy New Year to all and lets keep this tread going so other may benefit as we have from it. Thank You.

Easily install to your trailer tongue or truck bed to store tools and tie-downs in this durable, weather resistant trailer box.

I've been eyeing them for sure (almost bought them on sale last year before we even had the trailer). We're just starting to design our basic setup.

Catalanbull

@Catalanbull I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the RC industries boxes, thanks for pioneering these and sharing! It looks like the depth is not sufficient for the door to drop straight down with the chains disconnected. Would the hinge design allow this if the boxes were deeper and how much deeper would you estimate they need to be? Thanks!
Hey, those two boxes are my favorite additions I've made to the Scout. If you make them 1 inch deeper for sure you'll be able to fully open them. As they're now they almost open.

I got them without the latching system because RC only do the one that has all the mechanism inside, and I wanted to use the doors as counters. I had a custom made cutting board (can't remember the website I used) so it fits exactly in the door.

Attachments

• IMG_3303.jpg
    IMG_3303.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3305.jpg
    IMG_3305.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
cb077eb5f8a0ce644f56b985c38b2669.jpg

d17f9ab3e6bb8013f6609b5dbf4267df.jpg
I used a different box also from Harbor freight in a different way and I turned them in the tables the top I used to put my cooking stuff on and then I use the fender underneath as my prep board cooking area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

83-CJ8

I used a different box also from Harbor freight in a different way and I turned them in the tables the top I used to put my cooking stuff on and then I use the fender underneath as my prep board cooking area

Do you have a problem with water getting in with them lay like that?

J

JKaylaWrangler

The rest has been a frustrating process, caused in equal measure by 4 Wheel Parts and by Smittybilt. We have kept up a relatively good cheer about it though, I guess Covid has made us all hopefully more tolerant and patient! 4WP was a total mess to deal with. It feels like they hardly want to take your $8k...

I was wondering how long it took from the date of order to the date of pick-up with all things considered. I'm having a not so great experience with 4WP myself, but unfortunately they are my only option at this point. The Portland store wants to charge me 12 HOURS of labor to assemble this thing... so I'm trying to figure out how to get this beast of a crate home to do it myself for free... or maybe some beers and bbq for friends. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

83-CJ8

I was wondering how long it took from the date of order to the date of pick-up with all things considered. I'm having a not so great experience with 4WP myself,
I was told 6 weeks from the date I ordered. This is week 21!! 4WP has exhausted every lie on the reason for the delay, I was finally told "end of March mid April"

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Do you have a problem with water getting in with them lay like that?

Crossed fingers no not yet. I laid In some extra weather stripping around the top four edges and silicon sealed every nook and cranny I though looked suspect. One side is my kitchen and the other is my battery and power box :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecbebd55eb15a6d29fb273f46a12ca1c.jpg

7499b1bb5954c62dc7e4f90c66a8b885.jpg

0c48add03a5badb7e623df7bc5853e0a.jpg

8ba35957c289aeced500687a0d56c6d7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles