Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

What are the odds, Garrett77 use to live here in Corona, CA. I'm grateful for the older members to check in this tread. Upload pictures of your towns and places I would like one day to move out CA also but its got to be 2nd Amendment friendly.

ajmtrader

Congrats! I just move an hour outside Charlotte NC from CA. If you have some camping spots out here let me know, I've been trying to research some spots.
I'm in Mooresville. How about you? We camped at these three locations this past spring/summer: Arrowhead campground at Uwharrie, Cape Lookout, and Freeman Park. All great places. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Garrett77

I'm in Mooresville. How about you? We camped at these three locations this past spring/summer: Arrowhead campground at Uwharrie, Cape Lookout, and Freeman Park. All great places. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I'll look those up for sure. I'm in Lincolnton so not far away at all

dkpnw

Hello all! Usual story: came across this amazing thread and became solidly convinced that a Scout was the answer, and now am picking ours up from 4WP this week! Thank you to everyone here for their contributions! (We’re in Mount Vernon, WA btw)

Quick question… keeping in mind I have yet to dive in and really educate myself about onboard electrical setups… is there a reason why quick and easy systems like Goal Zero Yeti or Jackery are not mentioned on this forum more often? Seems like it would be a quick way for beginners to dive in to the luxuries of overlanding, even if they want to power a fridge for a few days?

Again, thanks to all for this thread/community! We’re darn frickin’ excited for our trailer!!!

b1747558e9e75729875b5994d03ab71c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Garrett77

Hello all! Usual story: came across this amazing thread and became solidly convinced that a Scout was the answer, and now am picking ours up from 4WP this week! Thank you to everyone here for their contributions! (We’re in Mount Vernon, WA btw)

Quick question… keeping in mind I have yet to dive in and really educate myself about onboard electrical setups… is there a reason why quick and easy systems like Goal Zero Yeti or Jackery are not mentioned on this forum more often? Seems like it would be a quick way for beginners to dive in to the luxuries of overlanding, even if they want to power a fridge for a few days?

Again, thanks to all for this thread/community! We’re darn frickin’ excited for our trailer!!!

Welcome! I have a jackery 1000 and love it. The reason I'm going with an electrical setup is to run the water pump, fixed exterior lights and have a hardwire setup with fridge. The jackery is really nice and I loved it in the back of my jeep. But for this with electrical needs all over the trailer it just doesn't make sense to run usb wires and extensions all over. I was just using the jackery and rechargeable lights from Harbor freight and it works fine but every morning I'd have to remember to plug in a ton of stuff to charge. Just my two cents but the best part about this trailer is its a blank canvas for whatever you want or need.

Hi dkpnw, I also have a Jackery 1000 and I will not be doing an electrical system because I already have 2 Jackery 100 watts solar panels that I will carry and will always have my generator so that if when there is no or not enough sunlight I can charge the Jackery from it. It takes about 4 hours to get it from 20% to 80%. I'm using the front tongue box to store all of my camping lights and 2 coldman gas lanterns that we love.

Attachments

• 20211019_202415.jpg
    20211019_202415.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64

dkpnw

Thanks Garrett77 and The Wolf 1 for your input! Good to know these kinds of units are being used sometimes for simple setups. But I’m starting to see the picture, where it would be nice to have a streamlined and permanent setup. I’m wondering also about cost difference between these units and home brew solutions. But I’m sure all that info is in this thread!

Catalanbull

What a great setup! Could you post a link to the side box, looks like a perfect fit!
I love these boxes. I had them made to specs by https://www.rctoolbox.com . I have one each side. They're made of aluminum so they're not too heavy. Here's the blue prints, send them to sales@rctoolbox.com and they'll be able to give you the price. Ask for the custom shelving system too, those are not in the blue prints but you can see it in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • EX351713.XCTE w paint coat.pdf
    109.9 KB · Views: 34
  • CE7BAF81-BE71-402B-ADC6-60547358FF7F.jpeg
    CE7BAF81-BE71-402B-ADC6-60547358FF7F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I want to share my new awning brackets that I had weld by a local shop here in Corona, CA. I bought the ARB 8.2 X 8.2 awning with the led light built into it. The brackets needed to be bit bigger than the original brackets, you could use the original bracket but I would to weak not enough material around the original holes. Now this is because the ARB is a bit bigger/heavier. I will get it powder coated and will upload new pictures this coming Saturday. Thanks goes to Mr. Ebrabaek who made lots of modifications to his smitty when he had it and I'm just following the steps of all who came before me.

Attachments

• 20211110_090449.jpg
    20211110_090449.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211110_090453.jpg
    20211110_090453.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211110_090501.jpg
    20211110_090501.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211110_090505.jpg
    20211110_090505.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

jojackc

Hey the wolf 1 do you mind taking some pictures of the under side of that bumper? I wanna see how it mounts up before I pull the trigger and order mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles