Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

squid14

Hello.. This thread is awesome. Just got my trailer a few weeks ago. Have a couple of questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.
Looking for hub adapter plates so I can run the same wheel and tire combo as my Chevy Colorado, 6x120 (thanks Chevy). Is the trailer 5x5 or 5x5.5? Also, Lock and Roll or Max Coupler?

Count me in on the Dirtworx rear bumper! Hopefully that’s still a thing.

trae

Adventurer
Hey folks, my fridge just bit the dust. As far as I can tell the refrigerant leaked out. Nobody is willing to even look at it. The manufacturer is refunding my money.

Has anyone been able to find another fridge that fits well into the generator compartment?

Thanks

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Hey folks, my fridge just bit the dust. As far as I can tell the refrigerant leaked out. Nobody is willing to even look at it. The manufacturer is refunding my money.

Has anyone been able to find another fridge that fits well into the generator compartment?

Whoops wrong quote,

Many kinds 30-50 qt size get close

I would get one a little small and then use strips of padding to ease the bouncing and shocks.

Thanks for contributing to the smittybuilt scout review thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jojackc

I got two Lock 'n Roll hitches, a regular size and an extended one that allows me to open the rear door. The extended one is about 8 inches longer, I prefer it and I don't think it should affect the weight distribution of the trailer. I don't want to be wrong, does anyone think it's too long for the trailer?

Not sure if it will affect the weight distribution but I went with the longer max coupler and it does help a bit for backing in the trailer.

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of buying the little smitti from Vivid Racing for $7,604 and a total of $8,275 with taxes. I will do a local pick up since I live only one hour away from Compton CA where smittybilt is located at so this way I wont pay for freight. What do you think of the price with taxes of $8,275?. Also I was told by a Vivid Racing customer service member that smittibilit no longer sell the kits with out the wheels and tires. That kit is only $6,200. $1,400 cheaper out the door. Is this true that they do not sell the kit anymore? Thank You for your help guys.

jojackc

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of buying the little smitti from Vivid Racing for $7,604 and a total of $8,275 with taxes. I will do a local pick up since I live only one hour away from Compton CA where smittybilt is located at so this way I wont pay for freight. What do you think of the price with taxes of $8,275?. Also I was told by a Vivid Racing customer service member that smittibilit no longer sell the kits with out the wheels and tires. That kit is only $6,200. $1,400 cheaper out the door. Is this true that they do not sell the kit anymore? Thank You for your help guys.

My understanding is that you cannot get them without the wheels/tires anymore. Has to do with them getting in some hot water with DOT. Maybe check with 4wheelparts.com. That's where I got mine and they where the cheapest I could find. I did do some haggling with them since I have a local branch just down the road from me.

My understanding is that you cannot get them without the wheels/tires anymore. Has to do with them getting in some hot water with DOT. Maybe check with 4wheelparts.com. That's where I got mine and they where the cheapest I could find. I did do some haggling with them since I have a local branch just down the road from me.

Hi and Thank You for your reply, I just bought it this Morning!!!! Vivid Racing was the cheapest at this time and I will do a local pick up so no shipping cost. This tread is the best because of all of the mods are here and have been done by all of you guys.

I saw my scout that I sold last year while cruising through Fruita CO a few days back.
Brought a smile on my face.
HI Ebrabaek you Sir are a legend on this channel according to me. I have gone thru all of the pages here and I love the modifications you di your Smitty as you called it. I'm buying the side boxes from Harbor Freight and the Power Tank brace for the 11 lbs propane tank. Question: What brand is the roof basket you put on it? I will be doing your rear bumper on mine as well but the tire carrier seems a bit more complicated but I will need it.

Please keep on checking on us the new owners. Thank You.

Catalanbull

I mounted the Smittybilt Defender rack on mine. It’s a perfect fit! Also, update for those interested in the Dirtworks rear bumper and rear carrier, he’ll take measurements of my trailer in 2-3 weeks and then he’ll start building them.

Attachments

• 5B62DDCB-693C-442A-8681-998917DA4884.jpeg
    5B62DDCB-693C-442A-8681-998917DA4884.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 135
  • FEA5D95F-7F22-47BB-944C-8A34FAE010C9.jpeg
    FEA5D95F-7F22-47BB-944C-8A34FAE010C9.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 133
  • EAFD2D00-F0B5-4D68-8FCA-72EF4EFACAFD.jpeg
    EAFD2D00-F0B5-4D68-8FCA-72EF4EFACAFD.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 125

ebrabaek

Adventurer
What are you running instead these days?

Nothing special really.
2021 Apex nano 194bhs.
A bit of custermization but a typical off grid box.
Still drawing up plans for a total from the ground up build of a Timbren axled Carbon Fiber off road trailer.
I plan on making the panels myself with a 1 inch foam core.
Just gotta find the cash...... ha ha. Colorado is expensive.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
HI Ebrabaek you Sir are a legend on this channel according to me. I have gone thru all of the pages here and I love the modifications you di your Smitty as you called it. I'm buying the side boxes from Harbor Freight and the Power Tank brace for the 11 lbs propane tank. Question: What brand is the roof basket you put on it? I will be doing your rear bumper on mine as well but the tire carrier seems a bit more complicated but I will need it.

Please keep on checking on us the new owners. Thank You.
Thank you for those kind words.
I miss the trailer but there was simply not enough room for our growing fam.
I will get you the roof rack links tomorrow morning. It was from Flamazcon.... but I can't remember the part. Il get it in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles