Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Grimmjpr

Quick question for everyone, did the axle bearings come greased already? I'm almost done assembling mine and the spindle, hub, brake assembly were all one unit, just had to bolt it to the suspension arm. I didn't want to take the whole thing apart to see if it was already greased....seemed like the suspension was greased so hoping I don't need to pull the axles apart right off the bat. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Quick question for everyone, did the axle bearings come greased already? I'm almost done assembling mine and the spindle, hub, brake assembly were all one unit, just had to bolt it to the suspension arm. I didn't want to take the whole thing apart to see if it was already greased....seemed like the suspension was greased so hoping I don't need to pull the axles apart right off the bat. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mine had plenty of lube in it.

trae

Adventurer
Hi folks, if you’ve mounted an extra storage box on the fender can you show me the bottom? I got a box and the hinge won’t let it lay flat on the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trae

Adventurer
Mine sit above the fender about 4" or so.

View attachment 655828

What do you store in there? Is it robust enough?

This is what I got, trying to figure out how to make it work.

7246adb2e633572eecdb00792205653f.jpg

b48c2403e4040b6f2a41fb8504021de1.jpg

The latch is in the way of putting it fully flat right now. But I like the price and having it open up like that.

371365f21ab8e53e6c67ec6ba7a4fa3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverback07

Adventurer
One side is for kitchen "stuff", food pantry, etc. The other side is for things like first aid, tent accessories, blue tooth speaker, whatever. I flipped by box so that the lid is now a shelf, added some cable to help keep it level and secure.

jbaucom

How about spacers to push it out off of the side wall of the trailer just enough for the hinge/lid to clear the fender when it's open? The fender would still support some of the weight, and the lid would serve as a shelf when it's open.

sawatson3

How are you mounting the solar panels? Also, the risers for the self for your water tank, plywood? Thanks.
Is that a custom box where the spare tire was originally or, if not, where did you find it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles