Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Pau Hana

Has anyone ordered/received the Habitat Offroad Water System? Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or reviews of the product. I am considering one but hoped there may be someone out there with first hand experience.
Thanks.

trae

Adventurer
Finally figured out a more permanent solution for power.

105ah lifepo4 custom battery in the tongue box (orange toolbox, so I can move it between vehicles)

Battery box connects via anderson connector to a fuse box inside the genny compartment. Next step is some switches and lights. What have you all done for permanently mounted lights?

cf0f53a975fcc98e917f3599815527ab.jpg

36c73b860dbbb3f357b35b7716858254.jpg

a3a6d0137a1be79d4f741846fa7b2fe4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonJKU

Here are a couple pics from our last outing. We reinstalled our Batwing awning but this time on the right/passenger side. It now wraps around the front instead of the back. We installed it that way primarily because our stove setup is now on the right side but the added benefit is that the front of the trailer also gets shade. So now the tongue box does not get so hot.

Attachments

• 20200827_094052_HDR_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20200827_094052_HDR_copy_1008x756.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20200827_102150_HDR_copy_756x1008.jpg
    20200827_102150_HDR_copy_756x1008.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 113

trae

Adventurer
How do you guys ensure that wiring stays attached to trailer walls? Is tape sufficient or is there a better option?

Pau Hana

How do you guys ensure that wiring stays attached to trailer walls? Is tape sufficient or is there a better option?

Depending on the area I use self tapping screws with cable clamps. NOT through the trailer walls tho! If you are specifically talking about the trailer walls (and I think you are) I purchased Command Hooks Cord Organizers. I have not installed them yet but intend to try them. I bought the hooks after getting in a rush and just using gorilla tape before my last trip. About 50% of the tape failed due to heat and vibration, I'm guessing. Mag-Daddy (and others) also make magnetic cable/loom holders that would be interesting to try out sometime. Kinda cool because they are easily adjusted as needed.

ebrabaek

Adventurer

I sanded the spot for the adhesion as the paint was very rough. I then cleaned with denatured alcohol, and used 3M pads with adhesive backing. Zip tied the wires to the pads.

trae

Adventurer
Depending on the area I use self tapping screws with cable clamps. NOT through the trailer walls tho! If you are specifically talking about the trailer walls (and I think you are) I purchased Command Hooks Cord Organizers. I have not installed them yet but intend to try them. I bought the hooks after getting in a rush and just using gorilla tape before my last trip. About 50% of the tape failed due to heat and vibration, I'm guessing. Mag-Daddy (and others) also make magnetic cable/loom holders that would be interesting to try out sometime. Kinda cool because they are easily adjusted as needed.

Mag daddy looks super cool.

I tried these eBoot 100 Pieces Adhesive Cable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HR9VS4I?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and most of the failed. I’ll try one more time, sanding down the spot a bit as [mention]ebrabaek [/mention] suggested.

Here’s my latest Frankenstein creation. Trying to add some low wattage lighting to extend past the trailer a bit. I think these are license plate lights. I’m gonna move em up top to right under the awning, just mocking things up.

1dc6b953da7261a1788a467a49bb6df9.jpg

Pau Hana

Mag daddy looks super cool.

I tried these eBoot 100 Pieces Adhesive Cable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HR9VS4I?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and most of the failed. I’ll try one more time, sanding down the spot a bit as [mention]ebrabaek [/mention] suggested.

Here’s my latest Frankenstein creation. Trying to add some low wattage lighting to extend past the trailer a bit. I think these are license plate lights. I’m gonna move em up top to right under the awning, just mocking things up.

1dc6b953da7261a1788a467a49bb6df9.jpg

I like how low profile they are. I am planning on adding lighting at the awning for the cooking area. I do raise my rack to accommodate the tent annex and lower for travel so I am researching coil cord for power to the lights. Would add a cool look to the trailer as long as it doesn't stretch out while on the highway. LOL.

Idahotroutslayer

Question for all you guys that have been running the trailers for sometime now. I just purchased our Scout about a month ago and so far we love it. My issue is that I contacted Smittybilt to see if I could have some spare axle/hub components on hand and Smittybilt says they don’t sell spare parts. Has anyone come up with a parts warehouse or know where these components are sourced? Obviously I know the unit comes from overseas but just checking to see if there was a better solution. Smittybilt said “you’ll never need spare parts unless it’s a warranty”. I’d rather be safe then sorry especially when in the middle of nowhere and on longer journeys.

Question for all you guys that have been running the trailers for sometime now. I just purchased our Scout about a month ago and so far we love it. My issue is that I contacted Smittybilt to see if I could have some spare axle/hub components on hand and Smittybilt says they don’t sell spare parts. Has anyone come up with a parts warehouse or know where these components are sourced? Obviously I know the unit comes from overseas but just checking to see if there was a better solution. Smittybilt said “you’ll never need spare parts unless it’s a warranty”. I’d rather be safe then sorry especially when in the middle of nowhere and on longer journeys.
They sell almost every part separate. Most are main assemblies, such as a wheel hub includes stub axle and brake assembly. Wheel bearings are common and you can get at most part stores. Brakes are axle-tek, or e-trailer house brand is a comparable fit. You can buy spare parts but if one breaks the warranty covers a replacement part not a reimbursement of the replacement part you already bought. If you need something specific I can get you a part #, they have been great to work with since this trailer has been released and have done countless builds.

KatandBill

Just spent 4 days shaking down the scout that we recently purchased and have to say I'm very impressed with this trailer!
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread as I read thru it a couple of times before pulling the trigger.
Of course the tongue reinforcement brackets arrived from smittybilt yesterday, so I'll be installing those asap and I'm looking forward to applying the ideas posted here to our new scout.
Cheers from British Columbia ?20200911_120236.jpg

Idahotroutslayer

They sell almost every part separate. Most are main assemblies, such as a wheel hub includes stub axle and brake assembly. Wheel bearings are common and you can get at most part stores. Brakes are axle-tek, or e-trailer house brand is a comparable fit. You can buy spare parts but if one breaks the warranty covers a replacement part not a reimbursement of the replacement part you already bought. If you need something specific I can get you a part #, they have been great to work with since this trailer has been released and have done countless builds.
Thanks for the response and good news. The gentleman that I talked too at SB definitely gave me different story. I’ll DM you the parts list later to see if you can help with part numbers.

trae

Adventurer
Some back country driving with the scout. Thinking I should get a max coupler or something similar. Always have trouble with the hitch pin mechanism...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles