Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I'm selling my Smittlybilt. It is ready to hitch up and go. I'm selling with RTT, Road Shower, water tank ARB fridge, etc

trae

Adventurer
Howdy everyone. We just acquired a 2017 Scout. The original owner only had it out a few times. It's in pretty good condition. I like the additional storage for above the fender and the propane bottle holders that I've seen on here. I'll go through the thread in due time, but is there anything I should look at immediately?

reckn

Howdy everyone. We just acquired a 2017 Scout. The original owner only had it out a few times. It's in pretty good condition. I like the additional storage for above the fender and the propane bottle holders that I've seen on here. I'll go through the thread in due time, but is there anything I should look at immediately?
To second silverback... Check under the tongue for reinforcement plates.. if not CALL Smittybilt and tell them to send you reinforcement plates.

trae

Adventurer
To second silverback... Check under the tongue for reinforcement plates.. if not CALL Smittybilt and tell them to send you reinforcement plates.

Oh my. No plates that I can see. There's electrical (or maybe brakes) running on the inside of the frame. Do they need to be relocated then?

reckn

Oh my. No plates that I can see. There's electrical (or maybe brakes) running on the inside of the frame. Do they need to be relocated then?
Can you take a photo and upload it here? I just installed mine a month or so ago. You won't have to relocate anything unless they did some custom wiring.

trae

Adventurer
I suspect I might be looking at the wrong spot. This is the point that failed a few posts up in the thread, is that where the plates go?

1584410658066.png

This is the frame directly behind it. That's what I meant about the wiring:

1584410742153.png

Catalanbull

Hi Trae,

This post gives you details on how the reinforcement is installed.

Pages before and after this post there's more information.

reckn

I suspect I might be looking at the wrong spot. This is the point that failed a few posts up in the thread, is that where the plates go?

View attachment 573868

This is the frame directly behind it. That's what I meant about the wiring:

View attachment 573869
The plates go directly under that spot you pointed at with the arrow. Can you take an underbody shot? I tried seeing if I had a photo but I don't and I'm not home at the moment.

trae

Adventurer
The plates go directly under that spot you pointed at with the arrow. Can you take an underbody shot? I tried seeing if I had a photo but I don't and I'm not home at the moment.

I'm making my way through the thread (about 40 pages left), I found the SB installation instructions for the trailer tongue reinforcement. I misunderstood originally how the reinforcement is to be done, after looking at the instructions, the plates will go where the pink lines are:

1584560125143.png

trae

Adventurer
Looking for a fridge suggestion. Other than the Smittybuilt Arctic fridge and the ebrabaek's engel marine are there any other fridges that fit in the genny compartment? I'd like to keep the main compartment for the kids' stuff.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Yeah they changed the design to not need the plates. Out of curiosity, can you show us pics of your tongue.. not the one in your mouth. :) LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles