Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just in case if anyone thinks the cabinets are dust-proof, they are not despite that thick gasket. After 200 miles on the Camino del Diablo.
This is the "kitchen" cabinet .

IMG_20200214_174649879.jpgIMG_20200214_174654533.jpgIMG_20200214_174701654.jpgIMG_20200214_175236387.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Im just curious. Could it be that your door needs to be pulled tighter? I don't see this after many miles of dirt up here in CO. My miles were below 35mph though, but mine is holding up or should I say out pretty good.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Im just curious. Could it be that your door needs to be pulled tighter? I don't see this after many miles of dirt up here in CO. My miles were below 35mph though, but mine is holding up or should I say out pretty good.

The doors are tight. I have to push a bit on the door to latch it. The desert is very dusty even at low speeds.

thardin68

Just in case if anyone thinks the cabinets are dust-proof, they are not despite that thick gasket. After 200 miles on the Camino del Diablo.
This is the "kitchen" cabinet .
Considering this is one of the cheapest trailers in the marketplace, I cant say I am surprised. Some of the higher end trailers have positive pressure systems in their compartments to battle this issue when they likely have much better seals.

I'm not sure what's involved, but possibly a simple fix by placing a filtered inlet for a fan that will put positive pressure on the door seals. I dont think it takes much positive pressure to mitigate the issue...

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Considering this is one of the cheapest trailers in the marketplace, I cant say I am surprised. Some of the higher end trailers have positive pressure systems in their compartments to battle this issue when they likely have much better seals.

I'm not sure what's involved, but possibly a simple fix by placing a filtered inlet for a fan that will put positive pressure on the door seals. I dont think it takes much positive pressure to mitigate the issue...

The trailers that have positive pressure systems are camper trailers from Australia.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I'm not complaining , just pointing out to those who think the compartments might be dust proof that they are not.

But them again, many people don't do the type of trips like I do and get into some nasty dust situations.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Got a 4 inch drop receiver for the trailer side and now it rides level with the Land Cruiser. I'm going to try and see if I can remove the extension and still open the rear tire carrier.

IMG_20200217_171208968_HDR.jpgIMG_20200217_170854625.jpg

thardin68

Anyone mounted a 270 awning yet? We just got a 23zero and was looking to see how others mounted theirs.
We ended up with the Darche 270 awning and mounted it to the intended awning risers. Darche awning came with brackets to mount it.

I flipped the provided mounts so the "flange" was inboard of the risers and mounted the brackets to the now unobstructed horizontals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles