Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

GeoTracker

Went on a five day trip with the trailer. Just before the trip added a Natwing awning to the driver side. And on the trip added some led strip lights to the bottom of the RTT to have some lights in the anex. Still need to work on getting the water system better. Some pics.

Question about the Batwing, did you use the L brackets that came with them or did you mount them per the trailer instructions, just use a couple of bolts? I’m in the midst of finishing mine up. Thanks.

Kraxler

Question about the Batwing, did you use the L brackets that came with them or did you mount them per the trailer instructions, just use a couple of bolts? I’m in the midst of finishing mine up. Thanks.
I used the L brackets that came with the batwing. I mounted them directly to the movable uprights for awnings that came with the trailer. I did not use the horizontal extensions. I drilled one hole in the top L portion of the upright for the mounting plate. The second bolt is out the back. I may go back and do 2 holes to move the awning out just a tad.

TVarney

I've had my trailer for a few months now and love it. The great thing about it is the ability to customize to fit your needs.
For my family of four I added an additional support to hold the 23 Zero Walkabout 87.
Also added a Rhinorack Batwing on the kitchen side and portable shower. The trailer tows great with articulating hitch added adapters to exchange wheels with the 4Runner.

If you are interested in trying it out before picking one up, you can rent it here.
IMG_8379.JPGIMG_8441 (2).jpg20190921_165818 (1).jpgIMG_8375 (1).jpg

Kraxler

I've had my trailer for a few months now and love it. The great thing about it is the ability to customize to fit your needs.
For my family of four I added an additional support to hold the 23 Zero Walkabout 87.
Also added a Rhinorack Batwing on the kitchen side and portable shower. The trailer tows great with articulating hitch added adapters to exchange wheels with the 4Runner.

If you are interested in trying it out before picking one up, you can rent it here.
View attachment 550339View attachment 550340View attachment 550341View attachment 550342
How did you do you're shower. Looks nice.

bshinn

View attachment 550339View attachment 550340View attachment 550341View attachment 550342

I have the Walkabout 62 on the top of my Crux. How far is your awning from the tent? I have about a 4" gap on mine, and can't get the stays in place to hold the fly up.

Thanks

jojackc

I have the Walkabout 62 on the top of my Crux. How far is your awning from the tent? I have about a 4" gap on mine, and can't get the stays in place to hold the fly up.

Thanks

On the Smittybilt the awning mounts to adjustable slides. So my awning can go from 2 inches away to like 16 inches away. Somewhere buried in these posts someone was having the same problem as you. So they took a block of aluminum and mounted it to the awning mounts. Then they drilled a new hole in the aluminum block for the stay's to go into instead of the ones on the tent.

bshinn

On the Smittybilt the awning mounts to adjustable slides. So my awning can go from 2 inches away to like 16 inches away. Somewhere buried in these posts someone was having the same problem as you. So they took a block of aluminum and mounted it to the awning mounts. Then they drilled a new hole in the aluminum block for the stay's to go into instead of the ones on the tent.
Thanks, I'll do some digging.

ebrabaek

Adventurer

I believe Im the guilty one for that mod. Search under my username and you should find it.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Searched for 30 with no luck. If you happen to have a link, I'd be grateful if you would share.

I searched as well and could not find it either. I can post pictures in this thread anymore as I suspect I have too many already. I can in other threads but not this one without resizing, which I cant do. I can perhaps email you a few pictures if you would like. Just PM me your email and I will snap a few.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
20191124_173144.jpg
20191124_173202.jpg

I thought I'd post the pictures here as well.
A couple of blocks of aluminum sammiched together.
Bolted on to the awning arms. The RTT window awning is now reaching over the ARB 2500x2500 awning and rain will not fall in the gap.
The RTT window poles will be inserted in the hole in the aluminum block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles