Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

misubisu

Made a new kitchen cupboard, to work in better with the faucet. So took advantage of the sunny day (in winter here at the moment 'down under') to go for a day trip and try it out. Was a success, so now the scout trailer is pretty much finished. Vey happy with the result.
Where we stopped to cook lunch, there was a kookaburra in the tree chowing down on a HUGE spider. It dropped it and it landed right in front of us... but then it swooped down and grabbed it again.
IMAG0562.jpgIMAG0594.jpgIMAG0590.jpgIMAG0552.jpgIMAG0538.jpgIMAG0584.jpgIMAG0596.jpgIMAG0563.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Made a new kitchen cupboard, to work in better with the faucet. So took advantage of the sunny day (in winter here at the moment 'down under') to go for a day trip and try it out. Was a success, so now the scout trailer is pretty much finished. Vey happy with the result.
Where we stopped to cook lunch, there was a kookaburra in the tree chowing down on a HUGE spider. It dropped it and it landed right in front of us... but then it swooped down and grabbed it again.
View attachment 533458View attachment 533459View attachment 533460View attachment 533461View attachment 533462View attachment 533463View attachment 533464View attachment 533465

That looks like a great setup. Well done.

Kraxler

View attachment 533458View attachment 533459View attachment 533460View attachment 533461View attachment 533462View attachment 533463View attachment 533464View attachment 533465
Nicely done.

OregonJKU

Yes, really nice! We really like your sink and faucet setup, which is something we still need to figure out for our setup.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Well I added a faucet for the sink weekend before last and then said goodbye to it yesterday morning. :cry: We were all sad to see it go, but we are excited to see where we go next. I might be spending more time over in the Intech thread? but will still follow this one to see the awesome modifications ya'll come up with.20190816_180630-2016x1512.jpg20190816_180517-2016x1512.jpg20190818_074538-916x687.jpg

GasPowered

I made the utensil holders.
Hooks at the top and double sided velcro attached to 5mm marine ply painted black and attached to the door with 3m heavy duty double sided tape.
I've made pretty much everything on my trailer. I enjoy making things. Plus it's way cheaper than buying purpose built items.
It works great, as I've been over some very bumpy ground and nothing has ever come loose.

I like your set up.
Where did you get the side box? I've been looking for something like that.
Thanks

Cheers

thardin68

Well, we got the trailer up to Maine and set up at our camp on the lake. I have been working non-stop and unable to complete any updates. But I have had an opportunity to do some planning and figured out a few things. Still, being set up and getting to "test" the tent and stability with the wife has been fun.
Trip to Maine 2.jpg

Trip to Maine.jpg

Maine Camp.jpg

Maine Camp 2.jpg

Maine Camp 3.jpg

I have a location for the Tesla Battery and the Samlex Inverter / Charger unit and all of the electronics (mainly in the Generator Compartment after I pull the drawer. I need to extend a small compartment a few inches into the other side to accommodate the length of the Tesla battery). The Other side will be our water heater & wash station with swing out faucet, water pump, water heater, etc. The drawer below will be only used for washing. Rear slides will house a Quick slide kitchen set-up made of 80/20 aluminum & PTFE panels & Cutting boards similar to this and the other slide will be for the Snowmaster Expedition Series 67 Dual Zone

My Kitchen slide out will operate in a similar manner, but will use the existing drawer as a base (after upgrading the slides). There will be no sink, as we will use the stock stove area for that. We will be running the Cajun Classic 2 burner stove within the kitchen slider assy with appropriate Stainless surrounds for heat. I am working up the plans for the 80/20 order next weekend and will share the file and results after complete. In the end its going to look alot like this one, but no pop-up tops. We want to fabricate starboard and silicone edges so nothing can get into drawers below.

We are also making a riser with more tent support to go above the Smittybilt racks. They will raise another 5" unfortunately, but will add some clearance and allow the Annex to sit properly. The tent will be up 5" and over 5" to clear the tire on the inside of the annex. This will provide ample space for an 8" Tube carrier for poles, fishing rods, campfire tripod, bazookas etc.

Catalanbull

Well I added a faucet for the sink weekend before last and then said goodbye to it yesterday morning. :cry: We were all sad to see it go, but we are excited to see where we go next. I might be spending more time over in the Intech thread? but will still follow this one to see the awesome modifications ya'll come up with.View attachment 533614View attachment 533615View attachment 533616
Looks awesome, can you post the link to the intech thread? I'd like to follow what you're doing.

misubisu

I like your set up.
Where did you get the side box? I've been looking for something like that.
Cheers
I'm in Australia and I had the side boxes custom made locally, after an exhaustive search for boxes the right size.
I could tell you where, but I'm sure the shipping charge would kill the deal ☺
Well I added a faucet for the sink weekend before last and then said goodbye to it yesterday morning.
Interesting idea, but that wiring is clearly not up to code :)
I assume the switch is to turn the water pump on for the tap. I opted for a pump with a pressure switch so that simply using the tap turns the pump on and off. Less wiring to worry about. Plus my tap has hot and cold running water as it has a line to the hot water service as well. Hot water on demand is great for doing the dishes.

Kraxler

Heading to Lake City,CO today. Will be doing some of the trails around Silverton from the other side. Spent most of the last 2 days working on electrical and water on the trailer. Have lights in the storage areas and an electric on demand water pump. Running cold water in the kitchen. Will see what mods to make after trip. Pictures to follow.

GasPowered

I'm in Australia and I had the side boxes custom made locally, after an exhaustive search for boxes the right size.
I could tell you where, but I'm sure the shipping charge would kill the deal

Sorry, I didn't notice your plates in the pictures above. I used to live in Melbourne a long time ago.

Cheers

Catalanbull

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I could tell you where, but I'm sure the shipping charge would kill the deal ☺

Interesting idea, but that wiring is clearly not up to code :)
I assume the switch is to turn the water pump on for the tap. I opted for a pump with a pressure switch so that simply using the tap turns the pump on and off. Less wiring to worry about. Plus my tap has hot and cold running water as it has a line to the hot water service as well. Hot water on demand is great for doing the dishes.

The pump does have a pressure switch, this switch is here to cut power to the pump for travel or over night when there is no need to power the pump.

Tkhawk

Adventurer

misubisu

I used to live in Melbourne a long time ago.

I'm three hours north of Melbourne in Gippsland. A rural area. Fortunately, its thirty minutes to one hour from many great four wheel drive and camping areas. Both State forests and non state forrest areas, where I can take my dog with me. She LOVES to go camping with me.

I got the boxes from Dandenong, which is about an hour out of Melbourne.

Why did you move out of Australia... are you originally from Aus or US ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles