Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Fullkontact

Hey guys....long time lurker on here and been reading everything for about a year. Finally picked up the trailer via someone selling from down south. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. I've got big plans for this since it is business related expense. I own the company called MFC Offroad, and well....it's basically funded by our clients :). Ive got a ton of goodies to put on it and into it. Here is the list so far:

Currently have: ARB 82 qt. fridge/freezer, Wilco hitchgate spare tire mount, genesis offroad dual battery setup, Smittybilt generator, custom wheels to match the beadlocks we make, 3 axis hitch, 42 qt frontier play dry box, CVT 2+ tent, Solar panels, controllers, NOCO Gen1, 10 gallon propane, Propane mount, water heater, Spod unit....and a bunch of other goodies.

Things to come: custom sink/burner hob, 15 gallon Front runner water tank, 270 degree awning (howling moon), camp lighting and possible upgrade to a 4+ tent, road shower 4L...

Pics for you guys to see what I'm working with:

That Jeep looks amphibious as hell especially with it’s pointed nose and bumper! Looks like a futuristic military vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojackc

Wow really in the annex too? Does the Smittybilt annex not seal up good? Where are they getting in there from? In buggy locations we go to red light constantly. Bugs seem not to really attracted to the red.

No the annex has almost fist sized holes in each back corner. Elements can't get in because its under the tent but won't keep the bugs out.

mfcoffroad

Does anyone want the pro comp rims and tires? One spare with zero miles and the two with maybe less than 10,000 miles? have no need for them and they can be anyone's for free....just come pick up.

misubisu

This looks like an option for the trailer .
It only holds 19 litres of water... so it seems like overkill for 19 litres.
A 20 litre plastic jerry can will weigh less... when full and empty.
Why does it have a lockable lid? you can turn on the tap to steal the water ;)

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
It only holds 19 litres of water... so it seems like overkill for 19 litres.
A 20 litre plastic jerry can will weigh less... when full and empty.
Why does it have a lockable lid? you can turn on the tap to steal the water ;)

Good question for the manufacturer.

Fullkontact

No the annex has almost fist sized holes in each back corner. Elements can't get in because its under the tent but won't keep the bugs out.

Ohh man that’s crazy, I would definitely sew some no see-um mosquito mesh in those places. Helps keep out all the bugs.

MOD3RNFJ

Did anyone get the fabricator details who did ModernFJ’s trailer rear bumper? He’s been offline a few months

Sorry guys, been busy. Guys name is Ryan. I'm back monitoring this thread and happy to get you his information. Also, his handle on Instagram is proper_garage_9_two if you want to connect to him there.

jmlarson

All:

at 141 pages, this is a lot of great information to sift through. Having had some side conversations with a few folks, I started a new forum http://smittyscout.freeforums.net I currently have no time or desire to manage a forum, but thought I would throw it out there in the event folks are interested in using something for other purposes ... for example, some of us Arizonans were thinking about starting our own subgroup / threads to get together and oogle each others handiwork...

So if anyone is interested - it is out there - have at it!

Regards
James in AZ

Last edited:

jojackc

I would bet that the company you listed on Alibaba is either the company that is now making the trailer for them or was the company making them for them. Looking threw the company pictures it looks like they make Manley trailers as well. Plus there was a lot of Australian style off road trailers I saw in there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles